Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Effect of I/M Se and Vit E administration combined with cooler hours feeding regime on milk production in buffaloes in hot–humid climate of Bundelkhand region
First Online 15-11-2018|
- Aharoni, Y., Brosh, A. and Ezra, E. (1999). Effect of heat load and photoperiod on milk yield and composition in three dairy herds in Israel. Anim. Sci., 69: 37-47.
- Aharoni, Y., Ravagnolo, O., and Misztal, I. (2002). Comparison of lactational responses of dairy cows in Georgia and Israel to heat load and photoperiod. Anim. Sci., 75: 469-476.
- Barash, H., Silanikove, N., Shamay, N. and Ezra, E. (2001). Interrelationships among ambient temperature, day length and milk yield in dairy cows under Mediterranean climate. J. Dairy Sci, 84: 2314-2320.
- Her, E., Wolfenson,D., Flamenbaum, I., Folman, Y., Kaim, M. and Berman, A. (1988). Thermal, productive and reproductive responses of high yielding cows exposed to short-term cooling in summer. J. Dairy Sci, 71: 1085-1092.
- Joshi, B.C. and Tripathi, K.C. (1991). Heat stress effect on weight gain and related physiological responses of buffalo calves. J. Vet. Phy. & Allied Sci., 10: 43-48.
- Kumar,V. (2005). Effect of thermal stress management of nutritional, physiological and behavioural responses of buffalo heifers. Ph.D. Thesis, Deemed University, IVRI, Izatnagar.
- Mandelkar, L. (2011). In: Studies on veterinary medicine, oxidative stress in applied basic research and clinical practice 5 (Eds. L. Mandelkar and P. vajdovich), Springer Science+Bussiness media, LLC.
- Miller, J.K., Campbell, M.H., Motjope, L., Cunningham, P.F. and Madsen, F.C. (1997). Antioxidant nutrients and reproduction in dairy cattle. Proc. Minn. Nutr. (Conf): 1-22.
- Mitchell, J.B. and Russo, A. (1983). Thiols, thiol depletion and thermosensitivity. Radiat. Res., 95: 471-485.
- Ryan, D.P., Boland, M.P., Kopel, E., Armstrong, D., Munyakazi, L., Godke, R.A. and Ingraham, R.H. (1992). Evaluating two different evaporative cooling management systems for dairy cows in a hot, dry climate. J. Dairy Sci., 75: 1052-1059.
- Schuijller, L.K., Burfrieind, O. and Heuwieser, W. (2014). Impact of heat stress on conception rate of dairy cows in the moderate climate considering different temperature-humidity index thrsolds, periods relative to breeding and heat load indices. Theriogenology 81: 1050-1057.
- Singh, Ashu Godara, Bhat, Showker A., Yogi, Ravindra Kumar, Devi, Sunitibala L. and Sahoo, Sarada Prasanna (2016). Feeding strategies to ameliorating the impact of heat stress in Bovine. Int. J. Sci. Natu., 7 (1): 25-29.
- Singh, V.C., and Upadhyay, R.C. (2009). Impact of temperature rise on physiological functions, thermal balance and milk production of Karan fries and Sahiwal cows. Indian vet. J. 86(2): 141-144.
- Srivastava, A.K. and Agrawal, K.K. (2016). Climatic variability and its impact on crop acerage and yield in Madhya Pradesh. Technical Bulletin No.: DRS/JNKVV/Agro-meteorology/2016/06. Gramin Krishi Mausam Sewa, Tikamgarh Unit, pp7-38.
- Upadhyay, R.C., Sirohi, S., Ashutosh, Singh, S.V., Kumar, A. and Gupta, S.K. (2009). Impact of climate change on milk production in India. In: Global Climate Change and Indian Agriculture (Edited by P.K. Aggrawal) published by ICAR New Delhi. 104-107.
- West, J.W. (2003). Effect of heat stress on production in dairy cattle. J. Dairy Sci, 86: 2131-2144.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.