- Anderson G A, Phillips D L, Waldvogel A S, and Osburn B I (1989) Detection of bluetongue virus in bovine fetuses using the avidin- biotin complex immunoperoxidase method. Journal of VeterinaryDiagnostic Investigation 1:45-49.
- Bowne JG, Luedke AJ, Jochim MM, and Metcalf HE (1968) Bluetongue disease in cattle. Journal of American Veterinary and Medical Association 153:662-668.
- Cherrington, J.M., Ghalib, H.W., Dvis, W.C. and Osbum, B.I. (1985) Monoclonal antibodies raised against bluetongue virus detect viral antigen in infected tissues using an indirect immunoperoxidase method. In: T.L Barber, M.M. Jochim and B.I.Osbom (Eds), Bluetongue and Related Orbiviruses. Alan Liss, New York, pp. 505-510.
- Fernandes MV (1973) Isolation and propagation of bluetongue virus in tissue culture. AmericanJournal of Veterinary Research 20:398-408.
- Foster N M, Luedke A J and Metcalf HE (1972) Bluetongue in sheep and cattle efficacy of embryonating chicken eggs in viral isolations. American Journal of Veterinary Research 33:77-81.
- Gould A R, Hyatt A D, Eaton B T, White J R, Hooper P T, Blacksell S D and Le Blancsmith P M (1989) Current techniques in rapid bluetongue virus diagnosis. Austrian Veterinary Journal, 66 (12):450-454.
- Lakshmi.I.K, Putty K, Raut S S, Patil S R, Rao P P, Bhagyalakshmi B, Jyothi Y K, Susmitha B, Reddy Y V, Kasulanati S, Jyothi J S and Reddy Y N (2018) Standardisation and application of real time PCR for rapid detection of bluetongue virus ;Veterinary World, 11(4): 452-458
- Li T,Yang Y, Xu Q, Sun E, Feng Y, Lv S, Zhang Q, Wang H and Wu D (2015) DNA Vaccine prime and recombinant FPV vaccine boost : an important candidate immunization strategy to control bluetongue virus type I. Applied Microbiology and Bitechnology, 99 (20): 8643-52.
- Maan S, Maan NS, Samuel AR, Rao S, Attoui H, Mertens PP (2007) Analysis and phylogenetic comparisons of full-length VP2 genes of the 24 bluetongue virus serotypes. Journal of General Virology. Feb;88(Pt 2):621-30.
- Maan S, Maan NS, Belaganahalli MN,Potgieter AC, Kumar V, Batra K, et al. (2016) Development and evaluation of real time RT-PCR assays for detection and typing of Bluetongue virus. PLoS ONE 11(9): e0163014 doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0163014.
- MacLachlan N J, Jagels G, Rossitto P V, Moore P F and Heidner H W (1990) The pathogenesis of experimental bluetongue virus infection of calves. Veterinary Pathology 27, 223-229.
- MacLachlan N J, Drew C P, Darpel K E and Worwa G (2009). The pathology and pathogenesis of Bluetongue. Journal of Comparative Pathology 141, 1-16.
- MacLachlan N J and Gard G (2009) Clinical signs and pathology. In: Bluetongue. [Mellor P, Baylis M, Mertens PPC] Academic Press, London. 285–293.
- MacLachlan N J (2004) Bluetongue: pathogenesis and duration of viraemia. Veterinaria Italiana 40, 462-467.
- McPhee D A, Parsonson I M and Della-Porta A J (1982) Comparative studies on the growth of Australian bluetongue virus serotypes in continuous cell lines and embryonated chicken eggs. Veterinary Microbiology 7:401-410.
- O’Brien CA, Hobson-Peters J, and Yam AWY, Colmant AMG, McLean BJ, Prow NA, et al. (2015) Viral RNA intermediates as targets for detection and discovery of novel and emerging Mosquito-Borne viruses. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 9 (3): e0003629.
- Parsonson I M, Della-Porta A J, McPhee D A (1981) Isolation of bluetongue virus serotype 20 from the semen of an experimentally- infected bull. Australian Veterinary Journal 57:252-253.
- Pini A (1976) Study on the pathogenesis of bluetongue: replication of the virus in the organs of infected sheep. Onderstepoort Journal of Veterinary Research 43: 159-164.
- Ruckerbauer G M, Gray D P, Girard A, Bannister G L and Boulanger P (1967) Studies on bluetongue, detection of the virus in infected materials by immunofluorescence. Canadian Journal of Comparitive Medicine and Veterinary Science. 31: 175-181.
- Spreull J (1905) Malarial catarrhal fever (bluetongue) of sheep in South Africa. Journal of Comparative Pathology and Therapeutics 18: 321–337.
- Wechsler S J and McHolland L E (1988) Susceptibility of 14 cell lines to bluetongue virus infection. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 26: 2324–2327.
- Wechsler S J, Austin K J, William and Wilson C (1990) Limits of detection of bluetongue virus with different assay systems. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation 2: 103-106.
- Whetter L E, Maclachlan N J, Gebhard D H Heidner H W and Moore P F (1989) Bluetongue Virus-Infection of Bovine Monocytes. Journal of General Virology 70: 1663-1676.
- Wright I M (2013) Serological and genetic characterisation of putative new serotypes of bluetongue virus and epizootic haemorrhagic disease virus isolated from an Alpaca, South Africa: North-West University, Potchefstroom Campus; 2013.
Submitted Date : 4-05-2018
Accepted Date : 24-08-2018