Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Performance and economics of kenguri ram lambs under different rearing systems
First Online 22-08-2018|
- Acharya, R.M. (1982).Sheep and Goat breeds of India. FAO Animal Production and Health. Food and Agriculture Organisation of United Nations, Rome Italy. 30, pp: 121
- Appannavar, M.M., Ashok Pawar, Ramachandra, B., Tandle, M.K., Naveen Kumar, G.S. (2010). Study on growth potential and body measurements of Kenguri breed of sheep. Indian Veterinary Journal, 87: 83-84.
- Bharambe, V.Y. and Burte, R.G. (2012). Comparative growth performance of Deccani lambs under various rearing systems in agro- ecological conditions of Konkan. Indian Journal of Hill Farming, 25:44-47.
- Birthal, P.S. and Taneja, V.K. (2006). Livestock sector in India: Opportunities and challenges for small holders. Paper presented at the International workshop on smallholder livestock production in India: Opportunities and Challenges, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, International Livestock Research Institute and National Centre for Agricultural Economics and Policy Research. 31 January- 1 Feb, New Delhi.
- Dinesh, K.Y., Anand, J., Viswanath, S.K., Mandera, G.G., Thimmappa, A., Devinder K.S. (2013). Classification of four ovine breeds of southern peninsular zone of India: Morphometric study using classical discriminant function analysis. Springer plus, 2: 29-37.
- Girish, P.S., Baswa Reddy, P., Ramakrishna, C., Ramana Reddy, Y., Satish, C. and Kondaiah, N. (2012). Effect of nutrient supplementation on growth performance and carcass characteristics of Nellore ram lambs-An on-farm evaluation study. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences, 82: 1601.
- Karim, S.A., Singh, M., Rai, A.K. (1984). Performance of crossbred weaned lambs under hot environmental conditions. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences, 54: 1087-1090.
- Karim, S.A., Tripathi, M.K., Singh, V.K. (2007). Effect of varying levels of concentrate supplementation on growth performance and carcass traits of finisher lambs. Livestock Research for Rural Development. Volume 19, Article #173. Retrieved May 6, 2018, from http://www.lrrd.org/lrrd19/11/kari19173.htm
- Kotresh Prasad., John Abraham, Balusami, C. (2015). Economics of replacing conventional protein source with poultry carcass meal in grower Malabari kids. Indian Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences Research, 44: 416-420.
- Munir, M., Jasra1 A.W., Rafique, S. (2008). Lamb production under different systems of management on rangelands of Balochistan. Pakistan Veterinary Journal, 28: 68-70.
- Prabhu, M., Selvakumar, K.N., Pandian, A.S.S., Meganathan, N. (2009). Economic analysis of sheep farming in Tamil Nadu. Indian Journal of Small Ruminants, 15: 224-230.
- Ramana Reddy, Y., Nalini Kumari, N., Sudhakar Reddy, M., Sridhar, K. (2017). Effect of concentrate supplementation on growth performance and carcass traits of grazing Deccani ram lambs. International Journal of Livestock Research, 7: 115-122.
- Ratan, R. (2004). Nutrition and feeding management of sheep for wool production. In: Proceedings of National seminar on opportunities and challenges in nutrition and feeding management of sheep, goat and rabbit for sustainable production. Central Sheep and Wool Research Institute, Avikanagar (Rajasthan), 123-32.
- Santra, A., Karim, S.A., Chaturvedi, O.H. (2002). Effect of concentrate supplementation on nutrient intake and performance of lambs of two genotypes grazing a semiarid rangeland. Small Ruminant Research, 44: 37- 45.
- Silva, C.J.A., Fernandes, S.R., Silva, M.G.B., Monteiro, A.L.G., Poli, C.H.E.C., Prado, O.R., McMannus, C., Gilaverte, S. (2014). Early weaning and concentrate supplementation strategies for lamb production on Tifton- 85 pasture. Revista Brasileira de Zootecnia, 43: 428-475.
- Snedecor, G.W. and Cochran, W.G. (1996). Statistical Methods. 8th Edition. The Iowa State University Press, Ames, Iowa, USA.
- Suresh, A., Gupta, D.C., Mann, J.S. (2008). Returns and economic efficiency of sheep farming in semi-arid regions: A study in Rajasthan. Agricultural Economics Research Review, 21:227-234.
- Sushma, K., Ramana Reddy, Y., Nalini Kumari, N., Baswa Reddy, P., Raghunandan, T. and Sridhar, K. (2015). Effect of selenium supplementation on performance, cost economics, and biochemical profile of Nellore ram lambs. Veterinary World, 8: 1150- 1158.
- Venkataramanan, R., Sreekumar, C., Manonnmani, G., Balasubramanyam, D., Gopi, H. (2015). Effect of supplementary feeding of concentrate feed in Madras Red lambs under field conditions. Indian Journal of Small Ruminants, 21: 124-125.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.