Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Association of polymorphism at intron 2 of FABP3 Gene with milk production traits in Sahiwal and Karan Fries cattle
First Online 16-05-2018|
- Binas, B., Spitzer, E., Zschiesche, W., Erdmann, B., Kurtz, A., Muller, T., Niemann, C., Blenau, W. and Grosse, R. (1992). Hormonal induction of functional differentiation and mammary derived growth inhibitor expression in cultured mouse mammary gland explants: In Vitro. Cell Dev Biol., 28A, 625-634.
- German, J. B. and Dillard, C. J. (2006). Composition, structure and absorption of milk lipids: a source of energy, fat soluble nutrients and bioactive molecule: Critical Reviews. Food Sci. Nutr., 46(1), 57-92.
- Jensen, R.G. (2002).The composition of bovine milk lipids. J. Dairy Sci., 85(2), 295-350.
- Livestock Census, (2012). 19th All India Livestock Census.Department of Animal husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries.Ministry of agriculture.Government of India.
- Meyer, K. (2010). WOMBAT—A Tool for Mixed Model Analyses in Quantitative Genetics by Restricted Maximum Likelihood (REML). J. Zhejiang Univ. Sci., 8(11), 815-821.
- Nafikov, R. A., Schoonmaker, J. P., Kathleen, T. K., Kristin, N., Dorian, J., Kenneth, J. K., Jennifer, M. B., James, M. R., Diane, E. S. and Donald C. B. (2013). Effects of polymorphisms in FABP3, FABP4, and SLC27A6 genes on bovine milk fatty acid composition. J. Dairy Sci., 96(9): 6007-21.
- Sambrook, J. and Russell, D. W. (2001). Molecular cloning.A laboratory manual 3rd Edn. Cold Pring Harbor Laboratory Press, New York.
- Schaefer, E. J. (2002). Lipoproteins, nutrition, and heart disease. Am. J. ClinNutr., 75(2), 191-212.
- Shimano, H., Horton, J.D., Hammer, R.E., Shimomura, I., Brown, M.S., Goldstein, J.L. (1996). Overproduction of cholesterol and fatty acids causes massive liver enlargement in transgenic mice expressing truncated SREBP-1a. J. Clin. Invest., 98(7), 1575- 1584.
- Soyeurt, H., Dardenne, P., Gillon, A., Croquet, C., Vanderick, S., Mayeres, P., Bertozzi, C., Gengler, N. (2006).Variation in fatty acid contents of milk and milk fat within and across breeds. J. Dairy Sci., 89(12), 4858-4865.
- Stoop, W.M., Van-Arendonk, J.A., Heck, J.M., Van-Valenberg, H.J. and Bovenhuis, H. (2008). Genetic parameters for major milk fatty acids and milk production traits of Dutch Holstein-Friesians. J. Dairy Sci., 91(1), 385-394.
- Yang, T., Espenshade, P.J., Wright, M.E., Yabe, D., Gong, Y., Aebersold, R., Goldstein, J. L. and Brown, M.S. (2002). Crucial step in cholesterol homeostasis: sterols promote binding of SCAP to INSIG-1, a membrane protein that facilitates retention of SREBPs in ER. Cell., 110(4), 489-500.
- Yardibi, H., Gursel, F. E., Ates, A., Akýs, I., Hosturk, G.T. and Oztabak, K. (2013). BTN1A1, FABP3 and TG genes polymorphism in East Anatolian red cattle breed and South Anatolian red cattle breed. Afr. J. Biotechnol., 12(20), 2802-2807.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.