- Bhattacharyya, A., Majumdar, B., Bhanja, S.K. Mandal, A.B. Dash, B.B. Agarwal, S.K. (2007). Effect of in ovo injection of glucose on growth, immunocompetence and development of digestive organs in turkey poults. Proceedings of the 16th European Symposium on Poultry Nutrition; Strasbourg. France. p.147-150.
- BIS (2007) Bureau of Indian Standards of poultry feed. Manak Bhawan, 9, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi, India.
- Chen, W., Wang, R., Xiong, X.L., Wan, H.F., Xu, J., Peng, J. (2010). Influence of in ovo injection of disaccharides, glutamine and â- hydroxy-â-methylbutyrate on the development of small intestine in duck embryos and neonates, British Journal of Poultry Science, 51:592-601.
- Ferket, P.R. and Uni, Z. (2002). Early enteric development of turkeys. Proceedings of the 25th technical turkey conference held at the Shrigley Hall Hotel on 24-26 April, 2002, pp. 59-64.
- Foye, O.T., Uni, Z., Fekret, P.R. (2006) Effect of in ovo feeding egg white protein, â-Hydroxy-â-Methyl butyrate and carbohydrates on and State glycogen status and neonatal growth of turkeys. Poultry Science, 85:1185-1192.
- Isa Coskun, Guray Erener, Ahmet Sahin, Ufuk Karadavut, Aydýn Altop, Aylin Agma Okur (2014). Impacts of in ovo feeding of DL- methionine on hatchability and chick weight. Turkish Journal of Agriculture Food Science and Technology, 2: 47-50.
- Jia, C.L., Wei, Z.H., Yu, M., Wang, X.Q., Yu, F. (2011). Effect of in ovo feeding maltose on the embryo growth and intestine development of broiler chicken. Indian. J. Anim. Sci., 81: 503–506.
- Kanagaraju, P. (2014). Effect of in ovo feeding and early chick nutritional supplement on growth performance of hybrid broiler chicken. Ph.D thesis submitted to Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Kanagaraju, P., Babu, M., Asha Rajini, R., Ramesh, R., Balakrishnan, V. (2015). Effect of in-ovo injection of glucose, glutamine and egg white protein on the production performance and gut histomorphology of hybrid broiler chicken. Proceedings of 9th International Poultry Show and Seminar, 19 to 21 February, 2015, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Leitao, R.A., Leandro, N.S.M., Cafe, M.B., Stringhini, J.H., Pedroso, A.A., Chaves, L.S. (2008). Inoculation of glucose in ovo of broiler breeders/eggs: incubation parameters and initial performance. Ciencia Animal Brasileira., 9:847-855.
- Maiorka, A., Santin, E., Dahlke, F., Boleli, I.C., Furlan, R.L., Macari, M. (2003). Post hatching water and feed deprivation affect the gastrointestinal tract and intestinal mucosa development of broiler chicks. Journal of Applied Poultry Research, 12:483-492.
- Miller Carin, R. (2007) Developmental gene expression of nutrient transporters in the small intestine of chickens from lines divergently selected for high or low juvenile body weight. M.Sc., Thesis, Virginia Polytechnic Institute University.
- Noor, S.M., Husband, A.J., Widders, P.R. (1995) In ovo vaccination with Campylobacter jejuni establishes early development of intestinal immunity in chickens. British journal of Poultry Science, 36:563-573.
- Saki, A., Haghighat, M., Khajali, F. (2013). Supplemental arginine administered in ovo or in the feed reduces the susceptibility of broilers to pulmonary hypertension syndrome. British Journal of Poultry Science, 54:575–580.
- Salmanzadeh, M. (2012) The effects of in-ovo injection of glucose on hatchability, Hatching weight and subsequent performance of newly-hatched chicks. Brazilian Journal of Poultry Science, 14:137-140.
- Salmanzadeh, M., Yahya Ebrahimnezhad, Habib Aghdam Shahryar and Alireza Lotfi (2011).The effects of in ovo injection of L- threonine in broiler breeder eggs on characters of hatching and growth performance broiler chickens European Journal of Experimental Biology, 1:164-168.
- Santos, T.T., Corzo, A., Kidd, M.T., McDaniel, C.D., Torres Filho, R.A., Araujo, L.F., (2010). Influence of in ovo inoculation with various nutrients and egg size on broiler performance. Journal of Applied Poultry Research, 19, 1-12.
- Smirnov, A., Tako, E., Ferket, P.R., Uni, Z. (2006). Mucin gene expression and mucin content in the chicken intestinal goblet cells are affected by in ovo feeding of carbohydrates. Poultry Science, 85:669–673.
- SPSS (1999) Statistical software package for the social sciences SPSS, version 17. Int.,USA
- Steel, R.G.D. and Torrie, J.H. (1981) Principles and Procedures of Statistics: A biometrical approach. 2nd. Ed. McGraw-Hill, Singapore.
- Tako, E., Ferket, P.R., Uni, Z. (2004). Effects of in ovo feeding of carbohydrates and beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate on the development of chicken intestine. Poult. Sci., 83:2023-2028.
- Uni Z. and Yahav, S. (2009) Managing prenatal development of broiler chickens to improve productivity and thermo tolerance. In: Greenwood P., Bell A., Vercoe P., Viljoen G. (eds) Managing the prenatal environment to enhance livestock productivity. Springer, Dordrecht
- Uni, Z., Ferket, P.R., Tako, E., Kedar, O. (2005) In ovo feeding improves energy status of late-term chicken embryos. Poultry Science, 84:764-770.
Submitted Date : 30-12-2017
Accepted Date : 13-07-2018