Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Comparative production performance of Hubbard, Vencobb and Vencobb-400 broiler strains during tropical summer season
First Online 17-07-2018|
- APEDA. (2016). Product Profile of Poultry retrieved on 12 Aug 2017, from, http://agriexchange.apeda.gov.in/product_profile/ prd_profile.aspx?categorycode=0406
- Hossain MA, Suvo KB, Islam MM (2011). Performance and economic suitability of three fast-growing broiler strains raised under farming condition in Bangladesh. Int. J. Agril. Res. Innov. & Tech. 1 (1&2): 37-43.
- Howlider MAR, Rose SP (1989). Rearing temperature and meat yield of broilers. British Poult. Sci., 30: 61-67.
- Howlider MAR, Rose SP (1992). The response of growing male and female broiler chickens kept at different temperatures to dietary energy concentration and feed form. Animal Feed Science and Technology 39: 71-78.
- Islam MZ; Khandaker ZH; Chowdhury SD and Islam KMS (2008). Effect of citric acid and acetic acid on the performance of broilers. ISSN 1810-3030, J. Bangladesh Agril. Univ. 6 (2): 315–320.
- M. Spinu , Benveneste S. and Degen A.A. (2003) Effect of density and season on stress and behaviour in broiler breeder hens, British Poultry Science, 44, 170-174, DOI: 10.1080/0007166031000088342
- May, J.D., Lott, B. D. and Simmons, J. D. (1998). The effect of environmental temperature and body weight on growth rate and feed: gain of male broilers. Poultry Science. 77 (4):499-501.
- Mehta R., Nambiar R.G. (2007). The poultry industry in India. Paper delivered at the FAO Conference on ‘Poultry in the 21st Century’. 5-7 November, Bangkok.
- Pica-Ciamarra, U. and Otte, J. (2009). Poultry, Food Security and Poverty in India:Looking Beyond the Farm-Gate.
- Rack, A. L., Lilly, K. G. S. , Beaman, K. R., Gehring, C. K. Mortiz, J. S. (2008). The effect of genotype, choice feeding and season on organically reared broilers feed diets devoid of synthetic methionine. Poultry Science Association, 18: 54-65.
- Sarker MSK, Islam MA, Ahmed SU, Alam J (2002). Profitability and meat yield traits of different fast growing broiler strains in winter. Online Journal of Biological Science 2 (6):361-363.
- Sarker, M.S.K. Ahmed, S.U. Chowdhury, S.D. Hamid, M.A. Rahman, M.M. (2001). “Performance of Different Fast Growing Broiler Strains in winter”. Pakistan Journal of Biological Science. 4 (3):251-254.
- Smith, E.R, Pesti, G.M, Bakalli, R.I., Ware, G.O. and Menten, J.F. (1998). Further studies on the influence of genotype and dietary protein on the performance of broilers. Poultry Science, 77: 1678-1687.
- Snedecor, G.W. and Cochran, W.G. (1989). Statistical Method, 8th Edition, Iowa State University Press, Ames, lowa.
- Sudarman A, Sumiati, Solikhah SH (2011). Performance and meat cholesterol content of broiler chickens fed Pluchea indica L. leaf meal reared under stress condition. Media Peternakan, hlm. 64-68, EISSN 2087-4634.
- Setter, P., Yalcin, S., Turkmut, L., Okzan, S. and Cahanar, A. (1999). Season by genotype interaction related to broiler rowth rate and heat tolerance. Poultry Science.78:1353-1358.
- Udeh, I. Ezebor, P.N. Akporahuarho, P.O. (2015). “Growth performance and carcass yield of three commercial strains of broiler chickens raised in a tropical environment”. Journal of Biology, Agriculture and Healthcare. 5 (2):62-67.
- Yalcin S, Sete P, Ozkan S, Cahaner A (1997). Comparative evaluation of three commercials stocks in hot versus temperate climates. Poultry Sci. 76: 921- 929.
- Zaghri, M., Fazlali, F., Gerami, A., Eila, N. and Moradi, S. (2011). Effect of environmental factors on the performance of broilers. 20 (3). 383-389.
- Zaman, R. , Jahan, S. S. Islam, A. and Ahmed, S. (2015). Production performance of three broiler strains in summer seasons Bangladesh in GlobalJjournal of Animal SScience,Livestock Production and Animal Breeding. 3(2).138-144.
- Zullitch W, A Wurzner, F Lettarer (1989). A comparison of four broiler hybrids. Poult. Abs., 15:306.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.