Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Macro and Micro anatomical study of Harderian Gland of Duck and Fowl
First Online 22-08-2018|
- Brownscheidle,C.M. and Niewenhuis, R.J.(1978).Ultra structure of the Harderian gland in male Albino rats. Anatomical Record, 190:735-754,.
- Indu, V. R., Lucy, K.M., Sreeranjini, A.R., Maya,S., Ashok, N. and Chungath, J.J. ( 2014). Gross and Histological Studies on the Harderian Gland ofWhite Pekin Ducks (Anasplatyrhynchos).Indian Journal of Veterinary Anatomy,26 (1): 25-26,.
- Luna, L.G. (1968). Manuals of Histological Staining Methods of Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, McGraw Hill Book Co., London. 3rdEdn., Pp.79-207,.
- Maxwell, M.H., Rothwell, B., Burns, R.B. (1986).A fine structural study of the turkey Harderian gland. Journal of Anatomy, 148:147–157,.
- McCance, R.A.(1974). The effect of age on the weights and lengths of pigs intestine. Journal of Anatomy.117 (3):475-479,.
- McGadey. J., Johnston, H.S. and Payne, A.P. (1992).The hamster harderian gland: a combined scanning and transmission electron microscopic investigation. Journal of Anatomy, 180:127-136. mikroskopische Anatomie,133:223–230,.
- Mobini, B. ( 2012).Histological and Histochemical studies on the Harderian gland in native chickens. Veterinarni Medicina, 57 (8 ): 404-409,.
- Olah, I., Scottr, T.R., Gallego, M., Kendall, C. and Glick, B. (1992). Plasma cells expressing immunoglobulins M and A but not immunoglobulin G develop an intimate relationship with central canal epithelium in the Harderian gland of the chicken. Poultry Science, 71: 664-676,.
- Parsons,K.R., Bland,A.P. and Hall,G.A. (1991).Follicle associated Development of Lymphoid tissue of cattle, Veterinary Pathology, 28(1):22-29,.
- Payne, A.P.( 1994). The Harderian gland: A tercentennial review. Journal of Anatomy185: 1–49,.
- SAS. Statistical Analyses System, version 9.3 for Microsoft Windows. SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA, 2012.
- Singh, U.B. and Sulochana, S. (1978). A Laboratory Manual of Histological and Histochemical Technique. Kothari Medical Publishing House, Bombay, 1st Edn., Pp. 50-55,.
- Weight, P.A.L., Burns, R.B., Rothwell, B. and MacKenzie, G.M. (1971)/ The Harderian gland of the domestic fowl. J anat, 110:307-315
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.