- AOAC. (2005). Official Methods of Analysis. 18th edn. AOAC Int., Arlington, VA.
- Borah P., Bora J.R., Borpuzari R.N., Haque A., Bhuyan R. and Hazarika S. (2016). Effect of age, sex and slaughter weight on productive performance, carcass characteristics and meat quality of crossbred (Hampshire x Assam local) pigs. Indian Journal of Animal Research 50: 601-605.
- Cross, A.J., Harnly, J.M., Ferrucci, L.M., Risch, A., Mayne, S.T. and Sinha, R. (2012). Developing a heme iron database for meats according to meat type, cooking method and doneness level. Food and Nutrition Sciences, 3: 905-913.
- Folch, J., Lees, M. and Stanley, G.H.S. (1957). A simple method for the isolation and purification of total lipids from animal tissues. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 26: 497–509.
- Fortin, A., Robertson, W.M., Tong, A.K.W. (2005). The eating quality of Canadian pork and its relationship with intramuscular fat. Meat Science, 69: 297–305.
- Hornsey, H.C. (1956). The color of cooked curd pork. I. Estimation of the nitric-oxide–heme pigment. Journal of Science of Food and Agriculture, 7: 534–540.
- Jorhem, L. (2000). Determination of metals in foods by atomic absorption spectrometry after dry ashing: NMKL collaborative study. Journal of AOAC International, 83: 1204–1211.
- Kauffman, R.G., Eikelenboom, G., Van der Wal, P.G., Merkus, G. and Zaar, M. (1986). The use of filter paper to estimate drip loss of porcine musculature. Meat Science, 18: 191-200.
- Lawrie, R.A. (1998). Lawrie’s Meat Science. 6th edn. Woodhead Publishing Ltd. Cambridge, England. pp. 12-36.
- Leskanich, C.O. (1999). The comparative roles of polyunsaturated fatty acids in pig neonatal development. British Journal of Nutrition, 81: 87–106.
- Maw, S.J., Fowler, V.R., Hamilton, M. and Petchey, A.M. (2003). Physical characteristics of pig fat and their relation to fatty acid composition. Meat Science, 63: 185–190.
- Radovic C., Petrovic M., Parunovic N., Radojkovic D., Savic R., Stanišic N. and Gogic M. (2017). Carcass and pork quality traits of indigenous pure breeds (Mangalitsa, Moravka) and their crossbreeds. Indian Journal of Animal Research 51: 371-376.
- Rhee, K.S. and Ziprin, Y.A. (1987). Modification of the Schricker nonheme iron method to minimize pigment effects for red meats. Journal of Food Science, 52: 1174–1176.
- Salvatori, G., Filetti, F., Cesare ,C.D., Maiorano, G., Pilla, F. and Oriani, G. (2008). Lipid composition of meat and backfat from Casertana purebred and crossbred pigs reared outdoors. Meat Science, 80: 623–631.
- Schricker, B.R., Miller, D.D. and Stouffer, J.R. (1982). Measurement and content of non-heme and total iron in muscle. Journal of Food Science, 47: 740–743.
- Suzuki, A., Kojima, N. and Ikeuchi, Y. (1991). Carcass composition and meat quality of Chinese purebred and European x Chinese crossbred pigs. Meat Science, 29: 31-41.
- Tae Wan Kim., Suk Kim., Jeongim Ha., Seul Gi Kwon., Jung Hye Hwang., Da Hye Park., Sam Woong Kim. and Chul Wook Kim. (2017). Prediction of relationships between pork color and muscular texture traits for entrepreneurial decisions. Indian Journal of Animal Research DOI:10.18805/ijar.v0iOF.9149.
- Thomas R., Banik S, Barman K., Mohan N.H. and Sarma D.K. (2016a). Carcass composition and meat quality parameters of Ghungroo pigs. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 86: 925–929.
- Thomas R., Banik S., Barman K., Mohan N.H. and Sarma D.K. (2016b). Profiles of colour, minerals, amino acids and fatty acids of musculus longissimus thoracis et lumborum of Ghungroo pigs. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 86: 1176–1180.
- Wood, J.D., Enser, M., Fisher, A.V., Nute, G.R., Sheard, P.R., Richardson, R.I., Hughes, S.I. and Whittington, F.M. (2008). Fat deposition, fatty acid composition and meat quality: A review. Meat Science, 78: 343–358.
Submitted Date : 10-11-2017
Accepted Date : 9-03-2018