Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Physiological response to transportation stress at different flocking densities in hot humid and winter seasons in goats and assessment of pretreatment of Vitamin C, Electrolyte and Jaggery
First Online 17-04-2018|
- Al-Badwi, M.A., Mohamed, H.E., Alhaidary, A.A. and Al-Hassan, M.J. (2012). Plasma and salivary cortisol levels in transportation- stressed Aardi goats. Journal of Animal & Plant Sciences, 13: 1731-1735.
- Al-Tamimi, H.J. (2007). Thermoregulatory response of goat kids subjected to heat stress. Small Rumin. Res. 71: 280–28
- Ambore, B., Ravikanth., K. , Maini, S. and Rekhe, D.S. (2009). Haematological Profile and Growth Performance of Goats under Transportation Stress. Veterinary World, Vol.2(5): 195-198.
- Balz, F. (2003). Vitamin C intake. Nutr. Dis. 14: 1–8.
- Bianca, W. (1965). Reviews of the progress of dairy science. Section A. Physiology: Cattle in a hot environment. Journal of Diary Research, 32: 291-345
- Broom, D.M. (2000). Welfare assessment and welfare problem areas during handling and transport. In: Grandin, T. (ed.), Livestock Handling and Transport: CABI Publishing, Wallingford, UK43–62.
- Clero, D. and Grandjean, D. (2012). Influence of high-fat/high-antioxidants nutritional supplementation before and during endurance exercise on physiological and biochemical responses in physically trained search and rescue dogs. J. Vet. Behav.: Clin. Res. Appl. 7: 56.
- Das, T.K. and Teng, B.S. (2000). A resource-based theory of strategic alliances. Journal of Management, 26(1): 31-61.
- Fazio, E. and Ferlazzo, A. (2003). Evaluation of stress during transport. Vet.Res. Commun., 27: 519–524
- Gade, N.E., Singh, G., Sonawne, P.R. and Mahapatra, R.K. (2010). Effect of ascorbic acid supplementation on plasma protein profile in buffalos. Indian.. Vet. Res. 19: 56–62.
- Gregory, N.G.,(2007). Animal Welfare and Meat Production, 2nd edition.CABI Publishing, Wallingford, UK
- Hansen, P.J. and Arechiga, C.F. (1999). Strategies for managing reproduction in the heat-stressed dairy cow. J. Anim. Sci. 77 (Suppl. 2): 36–50.
- Kassab, A.Y. and Mohammed, A.A. (2014). Ascorbic acid administration as anti-stress before transportation of sheep. Egyptian J. Anim. Prod .51 (1): 19-25.
- Khasmi, E.L., M., Bargaâ, R., Riad, F., Safwate, A., El Hassane, T., Farh, M., El Abbadi, N., Abouhafs, R. and Faye, B. (2013). Meat levels of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 in Moroccan one-humped dromedary camels (Camelus dromedarius). Emirates Journal of Food and Agriculture, 25(4): 267.
- Kumar, S. and Phrommathed, P. (2005). Research methodology: 43-50.
- Lykkesfeldt, T.J. and Svendsen, O. (2007). Oxidants and antioxidants in disease: oxidative stress in farm animals. Vet. J. 173: 502–511.
- Marai, I.F.M., El-Darawany, A.A., Fadiel, A., and Abdel-Hafez, M.A.M. (2007). Physiological traits as affected by heat stress in sheep- A review. Small Rumin. Res. 71: 1–12.
- McDowell, R.E., Hooven, N.W., Camoens, J.K. (1976). Effects of climate on performance of Holsteins in first lactation. J. Dairy Sci. 59: 965–973
- Minka, N. S. and Ayo, J. O. (2009). Physiological responses of food animals to road transportation stress. Afri. J. Biotech. 8 (25): 7415-7427
- Minka, N.S. and Ayo, J.O. (2010). Behavioral and rectal temperature responses of Black Harco pullets administered vitamins C and E and transported by road during the hot-dry season. Journal of Veterinary Behavior: Clinical Applications and Research, 5(3): 134-144.
- Nilsson, Goran E. (2010). Respiratory Physiology of Vertebrates. Cambridge University Press Cambridge:. ISBN 978-0-521-70302-4.
- Schaefer, A.L., Jones ,S.D.M. and Stanley, R.W. (1997). The use of electrolyte solutions for reducing transport stress. J. Anim. Sci. 75: 258-265.
- Singh, D. (2013). The brand personality component of brand goodwill: some antecedents and consequences. Brand equity & advertising: Advertising’s role in building strong brands, p.83.
- Zulkifli, I., Norbaiyah, B., Cheah, Y. W., Soleiman, A. F., Sazili, A. Q., Rajion, M. A., Goh, Y. M. (2010). Physiological responses in goats subjected to road transportation under the Hot, Humid tropical conditions. Int. J. Ag. & Bio. 12 : 840–844.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.