- Becker, W.A. (1975). Manual of Quantitative Genetics. 3rd Edition Pub. Program in Genetics, Washington State University, Washington, USA.
- Fahim, A., Patel, B.H.M and Rijasnaz, V.V. (2013). Relationship of body weight with linear body measurements in Rohilkhand local goats.Indian Journal of Animal Research,47 (6) 521-526.
- Gupta, J.P., Pandey, D. P., and Shah, R.R. (2016). Genetic studies on growth traits of Mehsana goat of Gujarat, India. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 50 (2):164-167.
- Hafez, E.S.E. (1962). Reproduction in Farm Animals. Lea and Febiger, Philadelphia Pennsylvania, 79.
- Harvey, W. R. (1990). Mixed Model Least Squares and Maximum Likelihood. Computer Program, PC-1 version, Ohio State University, Columbus, USA.
- Kumari, A.,Baig,M.I.; Kodape, A.H.,Dagli, N.R.; Patwardhan, S.H. and Ghorpade, P.P. (2013). Growth performance of Osmanabadi kids under different housing systems. Indian Journal of Small Ruminant,19 (2): 215-216.
- Kuthu, Z.H., Javed, K., Babar, M.E., Sattar, A. and Abdullah, M. (2013). Environmental effects on growth traits of Teddy goats. The Journal of Animal & Plant Sciences, 23 (3): 692-698.
- Kramer, C. V. (1957). Extension of multiple range tests to group mean with unequal number of replications. Biometric: 12:307-310.
- Murali, N., Raghavendran, V.B., Thiruvenkadan, A.K., Senthamil Pandian, C. and Babu, M. (2014). Effect of non-genetic factors on body weight in Tellicherry goats. Indian Journal of Small Ruminants,20(1): 98-100.
- Osman, M.A. (2013). Estimates of direct and maternal effects for early growth traits of Zaraibi goats. Egyptian Journal of Sheep and Goat Sciences, 8 (1): 7-14.
- Pathodiya, O.P. (2003). Annual Report (2002-03) All India coordinated Research Project on Goat improvement (Sirohi Field Unit), Livestock Research station Vallabhnagar (MPUAT, Udaipur) Raj. India, pp. 8-9.
- Rai, B. and Singh, M.K. (2004). Rearing practices of Jakhrana goat in farmer’s flock. Indian Journal of Small Ruminants 10 (1): 33- 35.
- Sharma, M.C. (2005). Genetic investigation of body weight and Morphometry traits of Sirohi goats in the field. Thesis Ph.D. Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology, Udaipur (Rajasthan).
- Singh, B. (2016). Annual report (2015-16), All India Coordinated Research Project on Goat Improvement (Pantja field unit), G. B. Pant University of agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar (Uttarakhand).
- Singh, M. K., Rai, B., Kumar, A., Simaria, M.B. and Singh, N.P. (2009). Performance of Zalawadi goats under range conditions. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences79 (1): 68–72.
- Singh, Pallavi, Singh, M.K. and Singh, S.K. (2013). Effect of non- genetic factors on body weights of Jamunapari goats. Indian J. of small ruminants, 19 (2):146-150.
- Singh, S., Rana, Z.S. and Dalal, D.S. (2002). Genetic and non-genetic factors affecting growth performance in goats. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 36 (1): 12-16.
- Singh, S.K. and Rout, P.K. (2001). Annual Report of AICRP on Goat Improvement (Barbari), CIRG, Makhdoom (Mathura).
- Swiger, L. A., Harvery, W. R., Everson, D. O. and Gregory, K. E. (1964). The variance of intra- class correlation involving groups with one observation. Biometrics20: 818.
- Thiruvenkadan, A.K., Murugan, M.,Karunanithi, K., Muralidharan, J. and Chinnamani, K. (2009). Genetic and non-genetic factors affecting body weight in Tellicherry goats. South African Journal Animal Science,39 (5): 107-111.
- Vandana, (2011). A study on some performance traits of Pantja goats under farm conditions. M.V. Sc. theses submitted to the G. B. Pant University of Agriculture &Technology, Pantnagar (Uttarakhand).
- Yadav, J.S., Kumar, S., Bhasin, V., Singh, L., Yadav, M.C. and Khan, B.U. (2013). Genetic analysis of factors affecting body weight at different ages in closed flock of Kutchi goats. Indian Journal Animal Sciences, 83 (5): 554-556.
- Zergaw, N., Dessie, T. and Kebede, K. (2016). Growth performance of Woyto-Guji and Central Highland goat breeds under traditional management system in Ethiopia. Livestock Research for Rural Development, 28(1): 2016.
Submitted Date : 28-08-2017
Accepted Date : 27-09-2017