- Alessandro, Z., Salvatore, S., Vanessa, M., Stefania, C., Ambra, R. and Giuseppe, P. (2011) Hematological profile of Messinese goat kids and their dams during the first month post-partum. Animal Science Papers and Reports 29:223-230.
- Anderson, R. R., Harness, J. R., Sinead, A. F. and Salah, M. S. (1981) Mammary growth pattern in goats during pregnancy and lactation. Journal of Dairy Science, 64: 427-432.
- Celi, P., Adriana, D. T. and Quaranta, A. (2008) Metabolic profile and oxidative status in goats during the peripartum period. Australian Journal of Experimental Agriculture, 48:1004–1008.
- Dhindsa, D. S., Metcalfe, J. and Resko, J. A. (1981) Oestrogen concentration in systemic plasma of pregnant Pygmy goats. Journal of Reproduction Fertility, 62:99-103.
- Gupta, K., Kumar, A., Vihan, V. S. and Sharma, S. D. (2008) Studies on hemogram in sub clinical ketosis in goat and sheep in organized farming system. Indian Journal of Animal Science, 14: 971-973.
- Hassan, M. R., Talukder, M. A. I. and Sultana, S. (2010) Evaluation of the production characteristics of the Jamunapari goat and its adaptability to farm conditions in Bangladesh. Bangladesh Veterinarian, 27: 26-35.
- Hussain, Q., Havrevoll, O., Eik, L. O. and Ropstad, E. (1996) Effect of energy intake on plasma glucose, non-esterified fatty acid and acetoacetate concentration in pregnant goats. Small ruminant Research, 21: 89-96.
- Hussein, S. A. and Azab, M. E. (1998) Plasma concentrations of lipids and lipoproteins in newborn kids and female Baladi goats during late pregnancy and onset of lactation. National Center for Biotechnology Information, 105: 6-9.
- Kaneko, J. J., Harvey, J. W. and Bruss, M. L. (2008) Clinical Biochemistry of Domestic Animals. 6th edn. Harcourt Brace and Company Asia PVT Ltd., Academic Press.
- Kaushish, S. K., Karim, S. A. and Rawat, P. S. (2000) Blood biochemical changes during lactation in different breeds of goat. Indian Journal of Animal Science, 70: 494-496.
- Khan, J. R. and Ludri, R. S. (2002a) Changes in maternal blood glucose and plasma non-esterified fatty acid during pregnancy and around parturition in twin and single fetus bearing crossbred goats. Asian Australian Journal of Animal Science, 15: 504-508.
- Khan, J. R. and Ludri, R. S. (2002b).Hormonal profile during periparturient period in single and twin fetus bearing goats. Asian Australian Journal of Animal Science, 15: 346-351.
- Kumar, B., Ishwar, A. K., Choudhary, P. K. and Akhatar, T. (2015) Effect of temperature variation on hormonal concentration at various gestation stages in black Bengal goat. Veterinary World, 8: 1137–1142.
- Mahmoud, N. M. A., El Zubeir, I. E. M. and Fadlelmoula, A. A. (2014) Effect of Stage of Lactation on Milk Yield and Composition of First Kidder Damascus does in the Sudan. Journal of Animal Production Advances, 4: 355-362.
- Manalu, W., Sumaryadi, M.Y. and Kusumorini, N. (1996) Maternal serum concentrations of total triiodothyronine, tetraiodothyronine and cortisol in different status of pregnancy during late pregnancy in Ettawah-cross does. Asian Australasian Journal of Animal Science, 10:385-390.
- Manat, T. D., Chaudhary, S., Singh, V. K., Patel, S.B. and Puri, G. (2016) Hemato-biochemical profile in Surti goats during post- partum period. Veterinary World, 9: 19-24.
- Mondal, S., Minj, A., Pathak, M. C., Singh, D. N. and Varshney, V. P. (2014) Importance of hormonal changes during the periparturition period in black Bengal goats. International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Physiology, 1: 20.
- Reid, R. L. and Hinks, N. T. (1962) Studies on carbohydrate metabolism of sheep. xvii. Feed requirement and voluntary feed intake in late pregnancy with reference to prevention of hypoglycemia and hyperktonaemia. Austaralian Journal of Agriculture Research, 13: 1092-1111.
- Rejitha, J. and Karthiayini, K. (2014) Haematological profile of crossbred Malabari goats in peripartum period. IOSR-Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary Science, 7: 43-44.
- Sadjadian, R., Seifi, H. A., Mohri, M., Naserian A.A. and Farzaneh, N. (2013) Variations of energy biochemical metabolites in periparturient dairy Saanen goats. Comparative Clinical Pathology, 22:449.
- Salah, M. S. (1994) Pre-and post-partum levels of serum progesterone and oestradiol-17â in Aardi goat. Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development in the Tropics and Subtropics, 95:77-86.
- Suganya, G. and Gomathy, V. S. (2009) Hormonal profile of Tellicherry goats during periparturient period. Tamilnadu Journal of Veterinary Science and Animal Science, 5: 211-213.
- Tharwat, M., Ali, A. and Al-Sobayil, F. (2013) Hematological and biochemical profiles in goats during the transition period. Comparative Clinical Pathology, 24: 1-7.
- Thrall, M. A. (2004) Laboratory evaluation of plasma and serum proteins In: Veterinary Hematology and Clinical Chemistry. (Ed.) Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, USA, 401-515.
- Vazquez-Anon, M., Bertics, S., Luck, M., Grummer, R. R. and Pinheriro, J. 1994. Peripartum liver triglyceride and plasma metabolites in dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science, 77: 1521-1528.
Submitted Date : 18-08-2017
Accepted Date : 2-10-2017