Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Urinary cystatin C as biomarker for identification of kidney disease in dogs
First Online 16-05-2018|
- Coles, E. H. (1986). Veterinary Clinical Pathology. 4thEdn, W. B. Saunders Company, Philadephia. 172-188.
- Conti, M., Moutereau, S., Zater, M., Lallali, K., Durrbach, A., Manivet, P., Eschwege, P., Loric, S. (2006). Urinary cystatin C as a specific marker of tubular dysfunction. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. 44: 288–291.
- Forterre, S., Raila, J. and Schweigert, F.J.. (2004). Protein profiling of urine from dogs with renal disease using ProteinChip analysis. J Vet Diagn Investig. 16: 271–277.
- Huges, D. (1992). Polyuria and polydipsia. Comp Cont Edu Pract Vet. 14: 1161-1175.
- Jacob, F., Polzin D.J. and Osborne. C.A. (2005). Evaluation of the association between initial proteinuria and morbidity rate or death in dogs with naturally occurring chronic renal failure. JAVMA. 226: 393–400.
- Jeong, W. D. (2006). Canine renal failure syndrome in three dogs. J Vet Sci. 7 (3): 299-301.
- Laemmli U.K. (1970). Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4. Nature. 227, 680-685.
- Lamb, E.J., MacKenzie F. and Stevens. P.E. (2009). How should proteinuria be detected and measured? Ann Clin Biochem. 46: 205-217.
- Littman, M. P. (2011). Protein-losing nephropathy in small animals. Vet Clin Small Anim Pract. 41: 31–62.
- Loor, J., Daminet, S., Smets, P., Maddens, B. and Meyer, E. (2013). Urinary biomarkers for acute kidney injury in dogs. J Vet Intern Med. 27: 998-1010.
- Lulich, J. P., Osborne C. A. and O’Brien. T. D. (1992). Feline renal failure: questions, answers, questions. Compend Contin Educ Pract Vet.14 (2): 127–53.
- Mayne, P.D. (1994). The kidneys and renal calculi. In: Clinical Chemistry in Diagnosis and Treatment, 6thed, Edward Arnold Publications, London. Pp. 2-24.
- Mehta, R.L., Kellum, J.A., Shah, S.V., Molitoris, B.A., Ronco, C., Warnock, D.G. and Levin, A. (2007). Acute Kidney Injury Network: report of an initiative to improve outcomes in acute kidney injury. Crit Care. 11: 31.
- Monti, P., Benchekroun, G., Berlato, B. and Archer, J. (2012). Initial evaluation of canine urinary cystatin C as a marker of renal tubular dysfunction. J Small Anim Pract. 53: 254-259.
- Nabity, M. B., Lees, G. E., Dangott, L. J., Cianciolo, R., Suchodolski, J. S. and Steiner. J. M. (2011). Proteomic analysis of urine from male dogs during early stages of tubulointerstitial injury in a canine model of progressive glomerular disease. Vet Clin Pathol. 40(2): 222–36.
- Park, M. Y., Choi, S. J., Kim, J. K., Hwang, S. D. and Lee, Y. W., (2013). Urinary cystatin C levels as a diagnostic and prognostic biomarker in patients with acute kidney injury. Nephrol. 18(4): 256-262.
- Polzin, D.J.(2011). Chronic kidney disease in small animals. Vet Clin North Am: Small Anim Pract. 41: 15–30.
- Radostitis, O.M., Blood, D.C., Gray, G.C. and Hinchcliff, K.W. (2008). Veterinary Medicine: A text book of cattle, sheep, pig, goat and horse. Bailliere Tindall, London, p. 1877.
- Satheeshkumar, T., Chandrasekar, M. and Pandiyan, V. (2016). Retinol binding protein as bio-marker for diagnosis of chronic kidney disease in dogs. Int J Adv Res. 4(3): 771-774.
- Snedecor, G.W and Cochran, W.G. (1994). Statistical Methods (Eighth edition). J Edu Behav Stat. 19(3): 304-307.
- Srikanth, K. and Karlapudi, S.K. (2015). Haemato-abiochemical changes in dogs with renal insufficiency and its diagnostic significance. Animal Science Reporter. 9, Issue 4.
- Thongboonkerd, V. (2005). Proteomic analysis of renal diseases: Unraveling the pathophysiology and biomarker discovery. Expert Rev Proteomics, 2: 349–366.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.