- Coles, E. H. (1986). Veterinary Clinical Pathology. 4thEdn, W. B. Saunders Company, Philadephia. 172-188.
- Conti, M., Moutereau, S., Zater, M., Lallali, K., Durrbach, A., Manivet, P., Eschwege, P., Loric, S. (2006). Urinary cystatin C as a specific marker of tubular dysfunction. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. 44: 288–291.
- Forterre, S., Raila, J. and Schweigert, F.J.. (2004). Protein profiling of urine from dogs with renal disease using ProteinChip analysis. J Vet Diagn Investig. 16: 271–277.
- Huges, D. (1992). Polyuria and polydipsia. Comp Cont Edu Pract Vet. 14: 1161-1175.
- Jacob, F., Polzin D.J. and Osborne. C.A. (2005). Evaluation of the association between initial proteinuria and morbidity rate or death in dogs with naturally occurring chronic renal failure. JAVMA. 226: 393–400.
- Jeong, W. D. (2006). Canine renal failure syndrome in three dogs. J Vet Sci. 7 (3): 299-301.
- Laemmli U.K. (1970). Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4. Nature. 227, 680-685.
- Lamb, E.J., MacKenzie F. and Stevens. P.E. (2009). How should proteinuria be detected and measured? Ann Clin Biochem. 46: 205-217.
- Littman, M. P. (2011). Protein-losing nephropathy in small animals. Vet Clin Small Anim Pract. 41: 31–62.
- Loor, J., Daminet, S., Smets, P., Maddens, B. and Meyer, E. (2013). Urinary biomarkers for acute kidney injury in dogs. J Vet Intern Med. 27: 998-1010.
- Lulich, J. P., Osborne C. A. and O’Brien. T. D. (1992). Feline renal failure: questions, answers, questions. Compend Contin Educ Pract Vet.14 (2): 127–53.
- Mayne, P.D. (1994). The kidneys and renal calculi. In: Clinical Chemistry in Diagnosis and Treatment, 6thed, Edward Arnold Publications, London. Pp. 2-24.
- Mehta, R.L., Kellum, J.A., Shah, S.V., Molitoris, B.A., Ronco, C., Warnock, D.G. and Levin, A. (2007). Acute Kidney Injury Network: report of an initiative to improve outcomes in acute kidney injury. Crit Care. 11: 31.
- Monti, P., Benchekroun, G., Berlato, B. and Archer, J. (2012). Initial evaluation of canine urinary cystatin C as a marker of renal tubular dysfunction. J Small Anim Pract. 53: 254-259.
- Nabity, M. B., Lees, G. E., Dangott, L. J., Cianciolo, R., Suchodolski, J. S. and Steiner. J. M. (2011). Proteomic analysis of urine from male dogs during early stages of tubulointerstitial injury in a canine model of progressive glomerular disease. Vet Clin Pathol. 40(2): 222–36.
- Park, M. Y., Choi, S. J., Kim, J. K., Hwang, S. D. and Lee, Y. W., (2013). Urinary cystatin C levels as a diagnostic and prognostic biomarker in patients with acute kidney injury. Nephrol. 18(4): 256-262.
- Polzin, D.J.(2011). Chronic kidney disease in small animals. Vet Clin North Am: Small Anim Pract. 41: 15–30.
- Radostitis, O.M., Blood, D.C., Gray, G.C. and Hinchcliff, K.W. (2008). Veterinary Medicine: A text book of cattle, sheep, pig, goat and horse. Bailliere Tindall, London, p. 1877.
- Satheeshkumar, T., Chandrasekar, M. and Pandiyan, V. (2016). Retinol binding protein as bio-marker for diagnosis of chronic kidney disease in dogs. Int J Adv Res. 4(3): 771-774.
- Snedecor, G.W and Cochran, W.G. (1994). Statistical Methods (Eighth edition). J Edu Behav Stat. 19(3): 304-307.
- Srikanth, K. and Karlapudi, S.K. (2015). Haemato-abiochemical changes in dogs with renal insufficiency and its diagnostic significance. Animal Science Reporter. 9, Issue 4.
- Thongboonkerd, V. (2005). Proteomic analysis of renal diseases: Unraveling the pathophysiology and biomarker discovery. Expert Rev Proteomics, 2: 349–366.
Submitted Date : 12-08-2017
Accepted Date : 17-10-2017