Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
A comparative study on cytogenetic profile of Large White Yorkshire crossbred and non-descript pigs
First Online 11-06-2018|
- Amareswari, P., Ramesh Gupta, B., Narasimha Rao, G. and Narasa Reddy, G. V. (2005).
- Cytogenetic characterization of Nellore sheep. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 75(4): 433-436.
- Ashari, M., Busono, W. and Nurgiartiningsih. (2012). Analysis of chromosome and karyotype in Bali cattle and Simmental-bali (Simbal) Crossbred cattle. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences 15: 736.
- Basumatary R. (2003). Cytogenetic studies on cows with fertility disorders. M.V.Sc thesis submitted to Assam agricultural University, Guwahati, Assam, India.
- Bhatia, S. and Shanker, V. (1991). Cytogenetic analysis of Gaddi goats. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 61: 646-648.
- Bondoc, O. L., Flor, M. C. G. T., Rebollos, S. D. N and Albarace, A.G. (2002). Variation in karyotypic characteristics of different breed groups of water buffaloes (Bubalusbubalis). Asian Australian Journal of Animal Sciences. 15(3): 321-325.
- Devi, P. U., Gupta, B. R. and Devi, K. S. (2013). Cytogenetic characterization of Mahabubnagar goats. Tamilnadu Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences. 7(6): 268-276.
- Guruvishnu, P., Punyakumari, B., Ekambaram, B. and Rao, K. S. (2014). Cytogenetic studies in crossbred pigs. Indian Journal of Animal Research. 48(1): 1-5
- Harvey, W.R. (1989). Least squares analysis of data with uneaqual subclass number. Agriculture research services. USDA, Beltsvelle, Maryland, USA. 20: 8.
- Macchi, E., Tarantola, M.,Perrone, A., Paradiso, M. C. and Ponzio, G. (2014). Cytogenetic variability in the wild boar (Susscrofascrofa) in Piedmont (Italy): Preliminary data. Journal of Mountain Ecology. 3. 17-18
- Miranda, L. L. D. and Lui, J. F. (2003). Cytogenetics of wild boars from commercial breeders in southern and southeastern Brazil. Pesquisa Agropecuária Brasileira. 38(11): 1289-1295.
- Moorehead, P.S., Nowell, P.C., Mellman, W.J., Batthips, D.M. and Hungerford, D.A. (1960). Chromosome preparation of leucocytes cultured from human peripheral blood. Experimenatal Cell Research. 20: 613-616.
- Oluwole, O. O. and Omitogun, O. G. (2009). Cytogenetic characterization of Nigerian indigenous pig. African Journal of Biotechnology. 8(18): 4696-4701.
- Ravichandran, M. A., Saminathan, M., Arun Prince Milton, A., Dhama, K., Suresh, C., Jeeva, K. and Misra, S. K. (2015). Comparative cytogenetic study of Garole and Bonpala breeds of sheep. Asian Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances. 10(2): 48-61.
- Sahoo, N. R., Banik, S., Pankaj, P. K. and Sahoo, M. (2013). Cytogenetic architecture of Niangmegha pig. Indian Veterinary Journal. 90(12): 59-61.
- Snedecor, G.W. and Cochran (1994) Statistical methods. The Iowa State University Press, Ames, Iowa, USA.
- Tanomtong, A., Supanuam, P., Siripiyasing, P. and Bunjonrat, R. (2007). A comparative chromosome analysis of Thai wild boar (Sus scrofa jubatus) and relationship to domestic pig (Sus scrofa domestica) by conventional staining, G-banding and high- resolution technique. Songklanakarin Journal of Science and Technology (Thailand), 29(1): 1-13.
- Vishnu, P. G., Punyakumari, B., Ekambaram, B., Prakash, M. G. and Subramanyam, B. V. (2015). Chromosomal profile of indigenous pig (Sus scrofa). Veterinary World, 8(2): 183-186.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.