Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Correlation between extremes age at first calving with their productive and reproductive performances in Indian Murrah buffaloes (Bubalusbubalis)
First Online 19-02-2018|
- Afzal, M, Anwar, M and Mirza, MA (2007). Some factors affecting milk yield and lactation length in Nili-Ravi buffaloes. Pakistan Vet. J., 27(3): 113-117.
- Ali, L, Gill, RA, Gondal, KZ, Ahmad, Z, Anwar, M and Tahir, M (1992). Effect of age at first calving on first lactation performance of Sahiwal cows. Pak. J. Agri. Sci. 29(3): 223-226.
- Bailey, T, andCurrin, J (2009). Heifer Inventory and the Economics of Replacement Rearing. Virginia Cooperative Extension. 404-287
- Baruselli, PS, Barnabe, VH, Barnabe, RC, Visintin, JA, Molero-Filho, JR and Porto, R (2001). Effect of body condition score at calving on postpartum reproductive performance in buffalo. Buffalo J., 17: 53–65
- Bhatti, SA, Sarwar, M, Khan, MS and Hussain, SMI (2007). Reducing the age at first calving through nutritional manipulations in dairy buffaloes and cows: a review. Pakistan Vet. J. 27(1): 42-47.
- Chiaia, HL, De-Lemos, MV, Venturini, GC, Aboujaoude, C, Berton, MP,et al., (2015). Genotype environment interaction for age at first calving, scrotal circumference, and yearling weight in Nellore cattle using reaction norms in multitrait random regression models. J Anim Sci. 93 (4): 1503-1510.
- Dahama, RS, Malik, PS and Singh, B (1990). Genetic study of first calving interval and its association with other economic traits in buffaloes. Indian Vet. J. 67:1037-1041
- Gardner, RW, Smith, LW and Park, RL (1988). Feeding and management of dairy heifers for optimal lifetime productivity. J. Dairy Sci. 71: 996-999.
- Goodger, WJ, Fetrow, J, Ferguson, GM, Trout, HF and McCabe, R (1989). A computer spreadsheet program to estimate the cost of raising dairy replacements. Preventive Vet. Med. 7: 239-254.
- Hammoud, MH, El-Zarkouny, SZ and Oudah, EZM (2010). Effect of sire, age of first calving, season and year of calving and parity on reproductive performance of Friesian cow under semiarid conditions in Egypt. ArchivaZootechnica. 13(1): 60-82
- Haworth, GM, Tranter, WP, Chuck, JN, Cheng, Z and Wathes, (2008). Relationships between age at first calving and first lactation milk yield, and lifetime productivity and longevity in dairy cows. Vet. Record. 162: 643-647.
- Heinrichs, AJ (1993). Raising dairy replacements to meet the needs of the 21st century. J. Dairy Sci. 76: 3179-3187.
- Lin, CY, McAllister, AJ, Batra, TR, Lee, AJ, Roy, GL, Vesely, JA, Wauthy, JM and Winter, KA (1988). Effects of early and late breeding of heifers on multiple lactation performances of dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 71:2735-2743.
- Mahdi ElahiTorshizi (2016). Effects of season and age at first calving on genetic and phenotypic characteristics of lactation curve parameters in Holstein cows. J. Anim. Sci. Tech. 58: 8
- Marshall, JA, Kuzdas, CK and Coblentz., WK (2013). Relationships between age at first calving; herd management criteria; and lifetime milk, fat, and protein production in Holstein cattle. Prof. Anim. Sci. 29 (1): 1-9
- Mourits, MCM, Huirne, RBM, Dijkhuizen, AA, Kristensen, AR and Galligan, DT (1999). Economic optimization of dairy heifer management decisions. Agricultural Systems. 61: 17-31.
- Paraschivescu M, IoanaNicolae, Bota, A and Grigore, F (2007). Hidden resources of buffalo productivity. Bulletin USAMV-CN, 63-64.
- Rennie, JC, Chaudhry, MA, Saleem, NA and Asghar, AA (1954). Causes of variation in calving interval of Holstein Friesian cows. Iowa St. Coll. F. Sci. 28: 392-393.
- Roy Choudhury, PN (1970). Service period, calving interval and dry period in Italian buffaloes. Zentralblatt fur Veterinarmedizin, Reihe A. 17: 284-286.
- Simerl, NA, Wilcox, CJ and Thatcher, WW (1992). Post-partum performance of dairy heifers freshening at young ages. J. Dairy Sci. 75: 590-595.
- Teke, B and Murat, H (2013). Effect of age at first calving on first lactation milk yield, lifetime milk yield and lifetime in Turkish Holsteins of the Mediterranean Region in Turkey. Bulgarian J. Agricultural Sci. 19 (5): 1126-1129.
- Thompson, JR, Pollak, EJ and Pelissier, PL (1983). Interrela-tionships of parturition problems, production of subsequent lactation, reproduction, and age at first calving. J. Dairy Sci. 66: 1119-1127.
- Van Amburgh, ME, Galton, DM, Bauman, DE, Everett, RW, Fox, DG, Chase, LE and Erb, HN (1998). Effects of three prepubertal body growth rate on the performance of Holstein heifers during the first lactation. J. Dairy Sci. 81: 527-538.
- Wolff, MCC, Monardes, HG and Ribas, NP (2004). Enviromental factors that influence the age at first calving, days open and calving interval in Holstein cows of the castrolanda, State of Parana. Archives Vet. Sci. 9(2): 35-41.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.