Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Association of milk quality parameters with teat and udder traits in Tharparkar cows
First Online 23-10-2017|
- Coban, O., Sabuncuoglu, N. and Tuzemen, N. (2009). A study on relationships between somatic cell count (SCC) and some udder traits in dairy cows. J. of Anim. & Vet. Adv., 8(1): 134-138.
- El-Gendy, M. E., Youssef, H. F. H., Saifelnasr, E. O. H., El-Sanafawy, H. A. and Saba, E. S. (2014). Relationship between udder characteristics and each of reproductive performance and milk production and milk composition in Zaraibi and Damascus dairy goats. Egyptian J. Sheep & Goat Sci., 9(3): 95-104.
- Fernandes, A. M., Oliveira, C. A. F. and Tavolaro, P. (2004). Relationship between somatic cell counts and composition of milk from individual Holstein cows. Arq. Inst. Boil. Sao Paulo., 71: 163-166.
- Gulyas, L. and Ivancsics, J. (2001). The relationship between the somatic cell count and certain udder morphologic traits. Allattenyesztes es Takarmanyozas., 49: 331-339.
- IBM Corp. (2013). IBM SPSS Statistics for Windows, Version 22.0. Armonk, NY.
- Jorstad, A., Farver, T. B. and Riemann, H. (1989). Teat canal diameter and other cow factors with possible influence on somatic cell counts in cow milk. Acta Vet. Scand.,30: 239-245.
- Juozaitiene, V., Juozaitis, A. and Micikeviciene, R. (2006). Relationship between somatic cell count and milk production or morphological traits of udder in Black-andWhite cows. Turk. J. Vet. Anim. Sci., 30: 47-51.
- Kul, E. and Erdem, H. (2008). Relationships between somatic cell count and udder traits in jersey cows. J. Appl. Anim., 34: 101–104.
- Madrid, S. G. and Echeverri, Z. J. J. (2014). Association between conformation traits and reproductive traits in Holstein cowsin the department of Antioquia-Columbia. Rev. Fac. Nal. Agr. Medellín., 67 (2): 7311-7319.
- Marian, K. (2003). Analysis of changes in udder size of high yielding cows in subsequent lactation with regard to mastitis. Electronic J. Polish Agric. Univ. Anim. Husbandry,. 6(1): 1-8.
- Nielsen N. I., Larsen T., Bjerring M. and Ingvartsen, K. L. (2005). Quarter health, milking interval, and sampling time during milking affect the concentration of milk constituents. J. Dairy Sci., 88: 3186–3200.
- Ptak, E., Jagusiak, W., ¯arnecki, A. and Otwinowska-Mindur, A. (2011). Heritabilities and genetic correlations of lactational and daily somatic cell score with conformation traits in Polish Holstein cattle. Czech J. Anim. Sci., 56 (5): 205-212.
- Rao, T. K. S., Dang, A. K. and Singh, C. (2007). Effect of udder and teat characteristics on milk composition and yield of Karan Fries cows. Ind. J. Dairy Sci., 60(5): 355- 359.
- Ronningen, O. and Reitan, A. D. (1990). Teat length and penetration into teatcup during milking in Norwegian Red Cattle. J. Dairy Res., 57: 165-170.
- Rupp, R. and Boichard, D. (1999). Genetic parameters for clinical mastitis, somatic cell score, production, udder type traits, and milking ease in first lactation Holsteins. J. Dairy Sci. 82: 2198- 2204.
- Tag El-Dein, M. A. and Shereen K. G. (2011). Relationships among udder conformation, productive traits and milk somatic cell counts in Friesian cows under the egyption farm conditions. Alex. J. Vet. Sci., 33 (1): 105-118.
- Van der Geer, D. V. D., Schukken, Y. H., Grommers, F. J. and Brand, A. (1988). A matched case control study on clinical mastitis in Holstein-Friesian dairy cows. I. Ekesbo (Ed.), VIth Int. Cong. On Animal Hygiene, Skara, Sweden, pp. 60-64.
- Zink, V., Zavadilova, L., Lassen, J., Stipkova, M., Vacek, M. and Stolc, L. (2014). Analyses of genetic relationship between linear type traits, fat-to-protein ratio, milk production traits, and somatic cell count in first-parity Czech Holstein cows. Czech J. Anim. Sci., 59(12): 539-547.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.