Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Effect of dietary supplementation of ghee residue on the performance of Japanese quails
First Online 08-12-2017|
- AOAC. (2002), Official Methods of Analysis.17th edn., Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Gaithersburg, MD., USA.
- Arumugam, M.P., Vedhanayaga, K., Doraisamy, K.A. and Narahari, D. (1989). Chemical composition and nutritive value of ghee residue for chickens. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 26:119-128.
- Dairy India, (2007). Milk utilization pattern. Dairy India Yearbook. New Delhi. P: 33.
- Duncan, D.B.(1955). Multiple range and multiple F test, Biometrics. 11:1-42.
- Folch. J.M., Lees. M. and Stanely. G.H.S. (1957). A simple method for the isolation and purification of total lipids from animal tissues. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 226:497-507.
- Gallinger, C.I., Sau’rez D.M. and Irazusta, A. (2004). Effects of rice bran inclusion on performance and bone mineralization in broiler chicks. Journal of Applied Poultry Research.13:183-190.
- Genchev À., and Mihaylova, R. (2008). Slaughter analysis protocol in experiments using Japanese quails. Trakia Journal of Science. 4(6):66-71.
- Gentao L., Claude, L. Hughes., RuchiMathur., Warren G. Foster., Vicki L. Davis., Denis A. Magoffin, (2003). Metabolic effects of dietary lactose in adult female rats. Reproductive Nutritional Devision. 43:567–576.
- Loganathan, R., (2012). Utilization of ghee residue in broiler chicken. M.V.Sc., thesis submitted to Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chennai 51.
- Loganathan, R., P. Shamsudeen, K. Mani, S.C. Edwin, R. Amudha and Rajendran. K.. (2014). Effect of Dietary Ghee Residue on Serum Biochemistry and Meat Cholesterol in Broiler Chicken. Indian Veterinary Journal. 98(8):09-11.
- Nemade, N.V., Barmase, B.S.,Wade, M.R..and Urwashiverma. (2013). Effect of dietary supplementation of ghee residue on the performance of commercial broiler chicken. In the souvenir on “Poultry Production : Feed, Food and Environmental Safety”. Central Avian Research Institute, Izatnagar, Bareilly. P:41.
- Selvamani, J. (2015). Effect of inclusion of ghee residue as a feed ingredient in concentrate diets of Large White Yorkshire Pigs. M.V.Sc., thesis submitted to Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University,Chennai 51.
- Sibbald, I.R. (1976). Bioassay for true matabolizable energy in feeding stuffs. Poultry Science. 55:303-308.
- Varma, B.B. and Narender Raju. P. (2008). Ghee residue: Processing, properties and utilization. In course compendium on “Technological advances in the utilization of dairy by-products”. Centre of Advanced Studies in Dairy Technology, NDRI,Karnal. P:176-183.
- Wybenga. D.R., Pileggi. V.J., Dirstine. P.H. and Giorgio. J.D. (1970). Direct manual determination of serum total cholesterol with a single stable reagent. Clinical chemistry. 16:980-984.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.