Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Micro mineral distribution on fiber fraction of feeds
First Online 28-12-2016|
This study was conducted to evaluate the concentration of micro minerals (Zn, Fe, Mn, Co and Cu) of feeds and their distribution in fiber fractions (Neutral Detergent Fiber/NDF and Acid Detergent Fiber/ADF). Three species of common feeds namely ground nut cake (Arachis hypogaea), mustard cake (Brassica juncea), soybean meal (Glycine max), were collected. Micro minerals concentration in the feed samples and fiber fractions were analyzed using Inductively Coupled Argon Plasma Optical Emission Spectrophotometer (ICP-OES) Icap 6000 Series. The results showed that micro minerals concentration of feed and their distribution in fiber fraction varied among species. The concentration of all the minerals in feed was above the critical level. Distribution of micro minerals in NDF and ADF were also estimated. Iron (Fe), copper (Cu), zinc(Zn), in feeds were the highest elements associated in NDF and ADF, while the lowest was found in cobalt (Co) and manganese(Mn).
- Ceresnakova, Z; Flak, P; Polacikova, M; Chrenkova, M (2005). In sacco NDF degradability and mineral release from selected forages in the rumen. Czech J Anim Sc, 7: 320-328
- E.P.A. (U.S.) (2001).Method-1631, Development of digestion procedures to determination of Mercury in solid and semisolid samples, Frontier Geosciences, available from EPA sample control centre DYN Crop I & ET, Alexandria, VA22304 703:461- 2100,SCC@ dyncorp.com.
- Fariani, A (2008). Micro mineral distribution on fiber fraction of forages in south Sumatra, Indonesia J Indon Tropn Anim Agric. 33:1
- ICAR (2013). Nutrient composition of Indian feeds and fodder. Indian council of agricultural research. New Delhi, India
- McQueen, R.E. and Nicholson, J.W.G. (1979). Modification of the NDF procedure for cereals and vegetables by using an alpha-amylase. J. Assoc. Offic. Anal. Chem. 62:676
- NRC. (2005).Mineral Tolerance of Animals: Second Revised Edition, National Academy of Science. National Research council. Washington, DC
- Snedecor GW and Cochran WG (1989) Statistical Methods, 8th ed. Oxford and IBH Publishing Company, New Delhi.
- Van Soest, P. J., Robertson, J. B. and Lewis, B. (1991). Methods for dietary fibre, neutral detergent fiber and non starch polysaccharides in relation to animal nutrition. J. Dairy Sci. 74:3583-3597.
- Warly L, Evitayani and Fariani, A. (2010). Concentration of micro minerals in fiber fraction of forages. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. 68: 1196-1202.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.