- AOAC. (1984). Official Methods of Analysis (ed. by W. Howritz), 14th edn. AOAC, Washington, DC, 1018 p.
- APHA. (1998). Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Waste-water, 20th edn. American Public Health Association, Washington, D.C. USA, 1220 p.
- Banik, S. (2011). Improvement of reproductive performance and larval rearing of an endangered fish species of Northeast, Ompok bimaculatus (Pabda) through nutritional approaches. Technical report-II, DST, New Delhi.
- Das, R. K. (1996): Monitoring of water quality, its importance in disease control. Paper presented in Nat. Workshop on fish and prawn disease, epizootics and quarantine adoption in India, CICFRI, 51-55 pp.
- Debnath, C. and Sahoo, L. (2013): Body composition of Ompok bimaculatus (Bloch, 1794) from Tripura waters with respect to body size, condition factor and sex. Fishery Technology 50: 354-356.
- Debnath, C., Dube, K., Saharan, N., Tiwari, V.K., Datta, M. Sahoo, L., Yadav G.S. and Das, P. (2015). Growth and production of endangered Indian butter catfish (Ompok bimaculatus) at different stocking densities in earthen ponds. Aquaculture Research, (DOI: 10.1111/are. 12780).
- Diana, J. S., Lin, C. K. and Jaiyen, K. (1994). Supplemental feeding of tilapia in fertilized ponds. Journal of World Aquaculture Society, 25: 497-506.
- Duncan, D. B. (1955). Multiple range and multiple ‘F’ tests. Biometrics, 11: 1-42.
- Huq, K.A., Islam, M.S. and Rahman, M.A. (2004). Suitable species composition in the polyculture technique of Thai pangus (Pangasius hypophthalmus) with carps and prawn. Bangladesh Journal of Fisheries, 27: 13- 17.
- Jena J. K. and Das P. C. (2011). Grow-out performance of Kuria labeo, Labeo gonius (Hamilton), with major carps in carp polyculture system. Aquaculture Research, 42: 1332-1338.
- Jena J. K., Ayyappan S. and Aravidakshan P. K. (2002). Comparative evaluation of production performance in varied cropping patterns of carp polyculture systems. Aquaculture, 207: 49–64.
- Jhingran V. G., Natarajan, Banerjee A. V. and David A. (1969). Methodology on reservoir fisheries investigation in India. Bulletin of Central Inland Fisheries Research Institute, 13: 108.
- Kumar, R. V., Ramesh, K. S., Prakash Patil, Naveen Kumar, B. T. and Joseph, K. M. (2011). Dietary protein requirement of stunted fingerlings of rohu, Labeo rohita (Hamilton) during grow-out stage. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 58: 49-53.
- Lakra, W. S., Sarkar, U. K., Gopalakrishnan A. and Kathirvelpandian A. (2010). Threatened freshwater fishes of India, NBFGR Publication, Lucknow, 16 p.
- Lutz, C. G. (2003). World Polyculture: Principles, Practices, Problems and Promise. Aquaculture Magazine, 29: 34-39.
- Mollah, M.F.A. and Sarder, M.R.I. (1991). Effects of supplemental feed on growth and production of pangus (Pangasius pangasius Ham.) in ponds. Progressive Agriculture, 2: 83-87.
- Murty D. S., Saha G. N., Seevaraj C., Reddy P. V. G. K. and Dey R. K. (1978). Studies on increased fish production in composite fish culture through nitrogenous fertilization with and without supplementary feeding. Journal of Inland Fisheries Society, India 10: 39-45.
- NBFGR. (2011). Annual Report. National Bureau of Fish Genetic Resources, Lucknow.
- Sayeed, M. A. B., Hossain, G. S., Mistry S. K. and Huq K. A. (2008). Growth performance of Thai pangus (Pangasius hypophthalmus) in polyculture system using different supplementary feeds. University Journal of Zoology, Rajshahi University, 27: 59-62.
- Sridhar, S., Vijaykumar, C. and Haniffa, M. A. (1998). Induced spawning and establishment of a captive population for an endangered fish, Ompok bimaculatus in India. Current Science, 75: 1066-1068.
- Viswanath, W., Lakra, W. S. and Sarkar, U. K. (2007). Fishes of North East India.Published by the Director, NBFGR, Lucknow- 226002, U. P., India, 264 p.
Submitted Date : 15-12-2015
Accepted Date : 8-05-2018