Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
INFLUENCE OF AMBIENT TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY ON ATP1A1 GENE EXPRESSION IN THARPARKAR AND VRINDAVANI CATTLE
First Online |
- Barada, K., Okolo C., Field M. and Cortas N. (1994). Na, K-ATPase in diabetic rat small intestine. Changes at protein and mRNA levels and role of glucagon. J. Clin. Invest., 93: 2725.
- Jorgensen, P.L., Hakansson K.O. and Karlish S.J.D. (2003). Structure and mechanism of Na, K-ATPase: functional sites and their interactions. Ann. Rev. Physiol., 65: 817-849.
- Kashyap, N. (2012). Molecular characterization of ATP1A1 gene and its association with heat tolerance in cattle. MVSc Thesis, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, Bareilly, India.
- Liu, Y.X., Zhou X., Li D.Q., Cui Q.W. and Wang G.L. (2010). Association of ATP1A1 gene polymorphism with heat tolerance traits in dairy cattle. Genet. Mol. Res., 9: 891-896.
- Liu, Y.X., Li D.Q., Li H.X., Zhou X. and Wang G.L. (2011). A novel SNP of the ATP1A1 gene is associated with heat tolerance traits in dairy cows. Mol. Biol. Rep., 38: 83-88.
- Marai, I.F.M., El-Darawany A.A., Fadiel A. and Abdel-Hafez M.A.M. (2007). Physiological traits as affected by heat stress in sheep-A review. Small Ruminant Res., 71: 1-12.
- McDowell, R.E., Hooven N.W. and Camoens J.K. (1976). Effect of climate on performance of Holsteins in first lactation. J. Dairy Sci., 59: 965-971.
- Morel, P., Tallineau C., Pontcharraud R., Piriou A. and Huguet F. (1998). Effects of 4-hydroxynonenal, a lipid peroxidation product, on dopamine transport and Na+/K+ ATPase in rat striatal synaptosomes. Neurochem. Int., 33: 531-540.
- Pfaffl, M.W. (2001). A new mathematical model for relative quantification in real-time RT–PCR. Nucleic Acids Res., 29: e45-e45.
- Ravagnolo, O., Misztal I. and Hoogenboom G. (2000). Genetic component of heat stress in dairy cattle, development of heat index function. J. Dairy Sci., 83: 2120-2125.
- Rolfe, D.F. and Brown G.C. (1997). Cellular energy utilization and molecular origin of standard metabolic rate in mammals. Physiol. Rev., 77: 731-758.
- Shelton, M. (2000). Reproductive performance of sheep exposed to hot environments. In: Sheep production in hot and arid zones, pp. 155-162. Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research, Kuwait.
- Sonna, L.A., Fujita J., Gaffin S.L. and Lilly C.M. (2002). Invited review: effects of heat and cold stress on mammalian gene expression. J. Appl.Physiol., 92: 1725-1742.
- Tsimarato, M., Coste T.C., Djemli-Shipkolye A., Daniel L., Shipkolye F., Vague P. and Raccah D. (2001). Evidence of time-dependent changes in renal medullary Na, K-ATPase activity and expression in diabetic rats. Cell. Mol. Biol., 47: 239-245.
- Vague, P., Dufayet D., Coste T., Moriscot C., Jannot M.F. and Raccah D. (1997). Association of diabetic neuropathy with Na/K ATPase gene polymorphism. Diabetologia, 40: 506-511.
- Wang, Z., Wang G., Huang J., Li Q., Wang C. and Zhong J. (2011). Novel SNPs in the ATP1B2 gene and their associations with milk yield, milk composition and heat-resistance traits in Chinese Holstein cows. Mol. Biol. Rep., 38: 1749-1755.
- Xu, K.Y. (2005). Activation of (Na+/K+)-ATPase. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm., 338: 1669-1677.
- Yang, S. (2007). Study on seasonal variation on some biochemical indices of blood and correlation between them and heat tolerance in Holstein cows. Master’s Thesis, Xinjiang Agriculture University, Ürümqi, Xinjiang.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.