Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Molecular characterization of promoter of IGF-1 gene in chicken broiler line and its growth performance
First Online |
A study was carried out to characterize the nucleotide variability in the promoter of the IGF-1 gene in broiler line of chicken. A PCR product of 375bp was amplified and nucleotide variability was studied using PCR-SSCP technique in chicken control broiler line. Selected sample PCR products were also sequenced to confirm the variability in promoter sequence. Present study revealed that the IGF-1 promoter was monomorphic having similar SSCP pattern in all individuals. Growth data was also analyzed to study the growth performance of the chicken broiler line at different age. Growth performance of male and female differed significantly at six week of age.
- Amills, M., Jimenez, N., Villalba, D., Tor, M. and Molina, E. (2003). Identification of three single nucleotide polymorphisms in the chicken insulin like growth factor 1 and 2 genes and their associations with growth and feeding traits. Poult. Sci., 82: 1485-1493
- Annual report, 2011 and 2015. Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India
- Arnold, H., Della-Fera, M. A. and Baile, C. A. (2001). Review of Myostatin history, physiology and applications. Int. Arch. Biol.sci., 1001-1013
- Bhattacharya, T. K. and Chatterjee, N. (2013). Polymorphism of the myostatin gene and its association with growth traits in chicken. Poult. Sci., 92: 910-915
- Bhattacharya, T. K. , Chatterjee, N., Dushyanth, K., Paswan, C. and Dhanasekaran, S. (2013). IGF-1 gene SNPs and its effect on carcass quality traits in broiler chicken. 5th annual conference and national symposium of Indian Meat Science Association (IMSACON-V). 278-279.
- Duclos, M. J., Chevalier, B., Goddard, C., Simon, J., (1993). Regulation of amino acid transport and protein metabolism in myotubes derived from chicken muscle satellite cells by insulin-like growth factor-I. J Cell Physiol., 157: 650-657
- Eid, K. M., Radwan, A. A., Gabriel, G. M., and Iraqi, M. M., (2010).The interaction effect of strain sex and live body weight on antibody response to SRBCs in broiler chicken. Annals of agric Sc Moshtohor 48:1-11
- Florini, J. R., Ewton, D. Z. and Coolican, S. A., (1996). Growth hormone and the insulin-like growth factor system in myogenesis. Endocr. Rev., 17: 481-517
- Hossein, A. A. and Mohsen, K., (2011). Detection of Polymorphism at the Insulin Like Growth Factor-I Gene in Mazandaran Native Chicken using Polymerase Chain Reaction-Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism Method American Journal of Animal and Veterinary Sciences, 6: 80-83
- Li, H., Zhu, W., Chen, K., Song, W., Shu, J. and Han,W. (2010). Effect of the polymorphism of GHR gene and IGF-I gene on egg quality in wanchang chicken. J. Medwell., 3: 19-22
- Mcmurtry, J. P., (1998). Nutritional and developmental roles of insulin-like growth factors in poultry. J. Nutr., 128: 302–305
- Paswan, C., Bhattacharya, T. K., Nagaraja, C. S., Chatterjee, R. N., Jayashankar, M. R., and Dushyanth, K. (2013). Nucleotide variability in partial promoter of IGF-1 gene and its association with body weight in fast growing chicken. Journal of Animal Research. 3:13-22
- Sambrook, J., Russell, D. W. (2001). Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual. 3rd edition, CSHL Press
- Zhou, M., Ma, Z. and Sly, W. S., (1995). Cloning and expression of the cDNA of chicken cation-independent mannose-6- phosphate receptor. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A., 92: 9762–9766
- Zapf, J. and Froesch, E. R., (1999). Insulin-Like Growth Factor I Actions on Somatic Growth. In: Handbook of Physiology, Kostyo, J.L. (Ed.). American Physiological Society, Wiley-Blackwell
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.