Genetic polymorphism in the promoter of prolactin gene in layer chicken
Citation :- Genetic polymorphism in the promoter of prolactin gene in layer chicken .Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2015.(49):875-877
Genetic polymorphism of promoter (Fragment 1, 2 and 3) of prolactin gene in four strains of White Leghorn chicken layers i.e. IWH, IWI, IWK and layer control was identified. Two alleles (A and B) were found in all the promoter fragments of the gene. In above mentioned layer populations, A allele was predominant. The genotypic and allelic distribution was significantly differed among the populations. Different demographic and divergent parameters were estimated in all the lines. It is concluded that all 3 fragments of promoter of prolactin gene was polymorphic in four strains of White Leghorn layer populations.
- Bhattacharya TK, Chatterjee RN, Sharma RP, Rajkumar U, Reddy BLN and Niranjan M (2011) Myostatin gene haplotypes in PB-1 broiler chicken line. Indian Vet. J. 88: 42-44.
- Crisostomo S, Guemene D, Garreau-Mills M and Zadworny D (1997) Prevention of the expression of incubation behavior using passive immunization against prolactin in turkey hens (Meleagris gallopavo). Rep. Nut. Dev. 37: 253-266.
- Cui JX, Du HL, Liang Y, Deng XM, Li N and Zhang XQ (2006) Association of polymorphisms in the promoter region of chicken prolactin with egg production. Poult. Sci. 85:26-31.
- Falconer DS and Mackay TFC (1996) Introduction to Quantitative Genetics. 4th ed. Addison Wesley Longman Limited, Essex, England.
- Kulibaba RA and Podstreshnvi AP (2012) Prolactin and growth hormone gene polymorphisms in chicken lines of Ukrainian selection. Cytol. Genet. 46: 390-395.
- March JB, Sharp PJ, Wilson PW and Sang HM (1994) Effect of active immunization against recombinant-derived chicken prolactin fusion protein on the onset of broodiness and photo-induced egg laying in bantam hens. J. Reprod. Fert. 101:227-233.
- Sambrook J and Russel DW (2001) Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual. 3rd ed. Vol. 1. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor, NY, USA.
- Talbot RT and Sharp PJ (1994) A radioimmune assay for recombinant-derived chicken prolactin suitable for the measurement of prolactin in other avian species. Gen. Comp. Endocrinol. 96:361-369.
- Vohra V, Bhattacharya TK, Dayal S, Kumar P and Sharma A (2006) Genetic variants of beta-lactoglobulin gene and its association with milk composition traits in riverine buffalo. J. Dairy Res. 73:499-503.
- Zhou M, Zhang XQ, Shi ZD and Cao YC (2001) Cloning and sequencing of prolactin gene cDNA in three chicken breeds. Yi Chuan Xue Bao. 28:614-620.