Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
COMPARATIVE STUDY ON THE INCIDENCE OF MASTITIS DURING DIFFERENT PARITIES IN COWS AND BUFFALOES
First Online |
- Ali, L. (2009). Epidemiology of mastitis in dairy buffalo cow in Tehsil Sumundri of District Faisalabad. Ph.D. Thesis, Deptt. of Clinical Medicine and Surgry, University of Agriculture Faisalabad, Pakistan.
- Biffa, D., Debela E. and Beyene, F. (2005). Prevalence and risk factors of mastitis in lactating dairy cows in southern Ethiopia. Intl. J. Appl. Res. Vet. Med. 3 (3): 189-198.
- Chand, P. and Behra, G.D. (1993). Factors influencing occurrence of mastitis genetic and environmental factors. Indian. J. Dairy Sci., 48: 271-273.
- Chishty, M.A., Arshad, M., Avais, M., Hameed, S..andIjaz, M. (2007). Cross-sectional epidemiological studies on mastitis in cattle and buffaloes of tehsil Gojra, Pakistan. Buffalo Bulletin. 26(2): 50-55.
- Dhakal, I.P. and Thapa,B.B. (2002). Economic impact of clinical mastitis in the buffaloes in Nepal. Buffalo Journal, 18(2):225-234.
- Girma, D.D. (2010).Study on prevalence of bovine mastitis on crossbred dairy cow around Holeta areas, West Shewa Zone of Oromia, Ethiopia. Glob. Vet. 5(6):318-323.
- Khan, A. Z. and Muhammad G. (2005). Quarter-wise comparative prevalence of mastitis in buffaloes and crossbred cows. Pakistan Vet. J., 25(1):9-11.
- Khate K. and Yadav B.R. (2010). Incidence of mastitis in Sahiwal cattle and Murrah buffaloes of a closed organized herd. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 80 (5): 467–69.
- Mohanty, A. (1979). Inheritance of threshold characters in dairy cattle. Thesis Abstract, Haryana Agriculture University. 5 (2):256.
- Mukherjee, K., Tomar, S. S. and Sadana, D. K. (1993). Genetic studies on udder problems in Karan Fries herd. Indian Vet. J., 70 (2): 121-124.
- Pal, (2003). Investigation on health disorders in dairy cattle and buffaloes during pre and post partum period. Ph.D Thesis submitted to NDRI, Karnal.
- Roy, S.K., Pyne, A.K. and Maitra, D.N. (1993).Studies on teat size and lactation number in relation to incidence of sub- clinical mastitis in some herds of crossbred cows. Indian Vet. J., 70: 677-678.
- Sethi, R. K. and Balaine, D.S. (1978). An approach to quantification of threshold traits in dairy cattle. Indian J. Dairy Sci. 31:311–315.
- Sharma, N.,RhoG.J.,Kang T.Y., Lee H.K., Hur T.Y. and Jeong D.K. (2012).Bovine Mastitis: An Asian Perspective. Asian J. of Ani. and Vet. Advance 7(6): 454-476.
- Sharma, P.C., (2010). Genetic evaluation of Karan Fries cows for functional traits. Ph.D. Thesis submitted to N.D.R.I., Karnal, Haryana-132001.
- Shinde, S.S., Kulkarni,G.B., Gangani, G.R. and Degloorkar, N.M.(2001). Incidence of mastitis in buffaloes in Parbhani district, Maharastra.Proceedings – Indian Veterinary Congress. VII annual conference of Indian association for the advancement of veterinary research in (IAAVR). Round table on mastitis. 22-23 Feb.,2001, at college of Veterinary Science, PAU Ludhiana-141004.page No.35-38.
- Sharma, A. and Sindhu N. (2007). Occurrence of clinical and subclinical mastitis in buffaloes in the State of Haryana (India). Ital. J. Anim. Sci. 6: 965-967.
- Singh, M., Raju,S., Pundir, J.K., Chander,R.,K. Tomar, P. S. and Ludhri,R.S.(2001).Effect of parity, stage of lactation and season on incidence of mastitis in cattle and buffaloes. Inter.J. Anim. Sci.16 (2): 227-233.
- Sori, H., Zerihum A. and Abdicho, S. (2005). Dairy cattle mastitis in and around Sebeta, Ethiopia. Int. J. Appl. Res. Vet. Med. 3: 332-338.
- Snedecor, G. W. and Cochran, W. G. (1994). Statistical Methods. 8th Ed. Iowa State University Press, Ames, USA.
- Taraphder, S.,Tomar, S.S. and Gupta, A.K. (2006). Incidence, inheritance and economics of mastitis in an organized herd of Murrah buffaloes. Indian J. Animal Sciences.76(l0): 838-842.
- Wilson, D.J., Gonzalez, R.N., Hertl, J.A., Schulte, H., Bennett, G.J., Schukken, Y.H. and Grohn Y.T. (2004). Effect of clinical mastitis on the lactation curve: A mixed model estimation using daily milk weights. Journal of Dairy Science.8: 2073–2084.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.