Case studies on dairy-based innovators contributing at grassroots vis-à-vis ascertainment of their intelligence level
Citation :- Case studies on dairy-based innovators contributing at grassrootsvis-à-vis ascertainment of their intelligence level .Indian Journal of Animal Research.2016.(50):820-823
The study was conducted to have knowledge about intelligence level vis-à-vis dairy-based innovations development process at grassroots level. For this particular study, the ‘case study’ method was adopted. Further, in order to measure the intelligence level of innovators, the Revised Bhatia’s Short Battery of Performance Tests of Intelligence for Adults” was used. In all, a total of nine innovators, especially those who had developed dairy-based innovations at grassroot, across different parts of India were selected, purposively, for this study. The results of this study revealed that majority of respondents had average level of intelligence. Thereby indicating that development of innovations may be undertaken by people possessing an average level of I.Q.
- Batey, M., and Furnham, A. (2006). Creativity, intelligence, and personality: A critical review of the scattered literature. Genetic, Social, and General Psychology Monographs, 132: 355-429.
- Gottfredson, L.S. (1997). “Foreword to “intelligence and social policy” (http:/ / www. udel. edu/ educ/ gottfredson/ reprints/ 1997 specialissue. pdf). Intelligence 24: 1–12.
- Guilford, J. P. (1957). Creative abilities in the arts. Psychological Review, 64: 110-118.
- Kauman, J. C. (2009). Creativity 101. New York: Springer.
- Kim, K. H. (2005). Can only intelligent people be creative? Journal of Secondary Gifted Education, 16: 57-66.
- Kim, K. H., Cramond, B., & VanTassel-Baska, J. (2010). The relationship between creativity and intelligence.
- Maslow, A. H. (1967). Toward a Psychology of Being. NYE: Van Nostrand.
- Thorndike, E.L. (1927). The measurement of intelligence. New York: Bureau of Publications.
- Verma, S.K., Parshad, D., Malhotra, A. and Arunima (2007). The Revised Bhatia’s Short Battery of Performance Test of Intelligence for Adults. National Psychological Corporation 4/230, Kacheri Ghat, Agra-282004.