Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
IMPACT OF COLD STRESS ON BLOOD BIOCHEMICAL AND IMMUNE STATUS IN MALE AND FEMALE VANARAJA CHICKENS
First Online |
- Allain CC, Poon LS, Chan CS, Richmond W and Fu PC (1974). Enzymatic determination of total serum cholesterol. Clin. Chem. 20: 470-471
- Blahova, J, Dobsiokva, R., Strakova, E and Suchy P (2007). Effect of Low Environmental temperature on Performance and Blood System in Broiler Chickens (Gallus domesticus). ActaVet. Brno. 76: 17-23.
- Daneshyar, M., Kermanshahi, H. and Golian, A. (2009). Changes of blood gases, internal organ weights and performance of broiler chickens with cold induced ascites. Res. J. Boil, Sci. 2: 729-735.
- Donkoh, A. (1989). Ambient temperature: a factor affecting performance and physiological response of roiler chickens. Int. J. Biomet., Heidelberg, Germany, 33: 259-265.
- Doumas BT, Watson WA and Biggs HG (1971). Albumin standards and measurement albumin with bromcresol green. Clin. Chim. Acta. 31: 87- 88.
- Gross, W. B. (1989). Factors affecting chicken thrombocyte morphology and the relationship with heterophil: lymphocyte ratios. British Poultry Science, 30: 919-925
- Hangalapura, B. N., Nieuwland M. G., De Vries Reilingh, G., Van Den Brand, H. and Kemp, B. (2004). Durations of cold stress modulates overall immunity of chicken lines divergently selected for antibody responses. Poult Sci, 83(5): 765-75
- Hideiki, O., Takahito, K., Yutaka, F., Seiichi, T., Akihiro, K and Voshikazu,K., (1991). Effects of cold stress on glutathione and related enzymes in rat erythrocytes. International journal of Biometrology, 35(2):111-113.
- Mary Priya and Gomathy, V.S., (2008). Haematologicaland blood biochemicals in male and female turkeys of different age groups. Tamilnadu J. Veterinary & Animal Sciences, 4 (2) 60-68
- Selman, C., Mclaren, J.S, Himanka, M.J and Speakman, J.R (2000). Effect of long term cold exposure on antioxidant enzyme activities in a small mammal. Free Radic Biol Med, 28: 1279-1285.
- Sinclair, J. A. and Lochmiller, R. L. (2000). The winter immunoenhancement hypothesis: associations among immunity, density, and survival in prairie vole (Microtus ochrogaster) populations. Rev. Can. Zool, 78(2): 254-264.
- Teitz NW (1976). Fundamentals of Clinical Chemistry, W.B. Saunders and Co. Philidelphia PA, Ed. 3rdWeibhaar, D., Grossau, E. and Faderal, B. (1975). Normal ranges of alpha HBDH, LDH, AP and LAP as measured with substrateoptimated test charges. Med Welt. 26:387-392.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.