Analysis of genetic polymorphism of IL8R receptor gene a marker associated with bovine mastitis among crossbred cattle
Citation :- Analysis of genetic polymorphism of IL8R receptor gene a marker associated with bovine mastitis among crossbred cattle .Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2015.(49):292-294
A total of 60 crossbred cattle were screened for subclinical and clinical mastitis in and around Jabalpur using California mastitis test (CMT) followed by somatic cell count (SCC). The DNA was isolated and 311 bp fragments of IL8R gene was amplified using PCR. PCR-SSCP (Single Strand conformational polymorphism) method was used to identify genetic polymorphism of 311 bp amplicon of IL8R gene. PCR-SSCP revealed five SSCP patterns, SSCP pattern 1 (P1) was present in highest percentage 63.6% in healthy group, SSCP pattern 3 (P3) was present in highest percentage 64.2% in subclinical mastitis group while SSCP patterns (P2 and P5) were present in highest frequency 100% and 100% respectively in clinical mastitis group. Cattles exhibiting pattern P2, P5 and P3 were significantly (p
California mastitis test
Somatic cell count
- Halasa, T., Huijps, K. Osteras O. and Hogeveen H. (2007). Economic effects of bovine mastitis and mastitis management. Vet. Q., 29: 18–31.
- John, S.W., Weitzner, G. Rozen R. and Scriver C.R. (1991). A rapid procedure for extracting genomic DNA from leukocytes. Nucl. Acids Res., 19(2): 408.
- Joshi, S. and Gokhale S. (2006). Status of mastitis as an emerging disease in improved and periurban dairy farms in India. Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci., 1081: 74– 83.
- Ogorevc, J., Kunej, T. Razpet A. and Dovc P. (2009). Database of cattle candidate genes and genetic markers for milk production and mastitis. Anim. Genet.
- Orita, M., H. Iwahana, H. Kanazawa, K. Hayashi and T. Sekiya (1989). Detection of polymorphism of human DNA by gel electrophoresis as single strand confirmation polymorphisms. Proc National Acad of Sci., 86: 2766-2770.
- Sambrook, J., Russell, W., (2001). Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual, Cold Spring Harbour Laboratory (Cold Spring Harbour, New York)
- Sunnucks, P., A.C. Wilson, L. Beheregaray, K. Zenger, J. French and A.C. Taylor (2000).SSCP is Not So Difficult: The Application and Utility of Single-Stranded Conformation Polymorphism in Evolutionary Biology and Molecular Ecology. Mol. Ecol., 9: 1699-710.
- Sharma, N., V. Pandey and S. R. Upadhyay (2009). Recent trends in the diagnosis of bovine mastitis under field condition. Indian Dairyman, 61(4): 21-27.
- Shukla, P.C. (1980). Study to evaluate the relative sensitivity of some of the indirect diagnostic test available for detection of subclinical cases of mastitis. M.V.Sc. and A.H. thesis, College of Veterinary Science and A.H., J.N.K.V.V., Jabalpur, M.P.
- White, S.N., K.H. Taylor, C.A. Abbey, C.A. Gill and J.E. Womack (2003). Haplotype variation in bovine Toll-like receptor 4 and computational prediction of a positively selected ligand-binding domain. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 100: 10364-10369.
- Winaya, A. and I.D. Rahayu (2010). Variation of IL-8R gene based on SSCP in Indonesian Friesian Holstein dairy cattle. Anim. Prod., 12(2): 118-123.
- Youngerman, S.M., S.P. Oliver, A.M. Saxton, J.L. Edwards, F.N.Schrick, C.J. Davies and G.M. Pighetti (2004). A Novel Candidate Genetic Marker for Mastitis Resistance in Jersey Cattle. The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN1 Washington State University, Pullman, Washington.