HAEMATO- BIOCHEMICAL CHANGES FOLLOWING REPAIR OF ABDOMINAL WALL DEFECTS WITH ACELLULAR MATRIX OF SWIM BLADDER IN RABBITS
Citation :- HAEMATO- BIOCHEMICAL CHANGES FOLLOWING REPAIR OF ABDOMINAL WALL DEFECTS WITH ACELLULAR MATRIX OF SWIM BLADDER IN RABBITS.Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2014.(48):459-463
The abdominal wall reconstruction with fresh swim bladder, acellular swim bladder and autografts after creating an abdominal wall defect of 3x4cm was performed in rabbits and the haematobiochemical changes following grafting were studied . There was an increase in the temperature, respiratory and heart rates in the immediate post operative period which returned to normal during the period of study. Total leucocyte count, glucose and ALP levels were increased in immediate post operative period where as haemoglobin, packed cell volume and total erythrocyte counts were decreased in all the groups.
- Amid P K, Shulman A G, Lichtenstein I L, Sostrin S, Young J and Hakakha M (1994) Experimental evaluation of a new composite mesh with the selective property of incorporation to the abdominal wall without adhering to the intestines. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research 28 : 373-375.
- Boddie G F (1969) Diagnostic Methods in Veterinary Medicine 6th edn. Oliver and Boyd, Edinbourgh. pp : 109.
- Douglas W W, James M L, Arthur D M and Pruitt B A (1976) “Stress in surgical patients as a neurophysiologic reflex response”. Surgery Gynaecology and Obstetrics 142 : 257-269.
- Eberli D, Rodriguez S, Atala A and Yoo J J (2010) In vivo evaluation of acellular human dermis for abdominal wall repair. Journal of Biomedical Material Research 93A : 1527–1538.
- Guyton A C (1981) Text Book of medical physiology 6th edn. W B Saunders Co., Philadelphia pp : 259-293.
- Singh J, Kumar N, Sharma A K, Maiti S K, Goswami T K and Sharma A K (2008) Acellular biomaterials of porcine origin for the reconstruction of abdominal wall defects in rabbits. Trends in Biomaterials and Artificial Organs 22(1) : 34-44.
- Sutherland R S and Baskin L S (1996) Regeneration of bladder urothelium, smooth muscle, blood vessels and nerves into an acellular tissue matrix. Journal of Urology 156 : 571–577.
- Snedecor G W and Cochran W G (1994) Statistical Methods. Eighth Edition, Iowa State University Press Ames: pp : 223.
- Usher F C (1977) The repair of incisional and inguinal hernias. Surgery, gynecology and obstetrics 131 : 525–533.
- Zimmerman B (1965) Pitutary adrenal function in relation to surgery. Surgical Clinics of North America 45 : 299.