Serological diagnosis of hydatidosis in abattoirs
Citation :- Serological diagnosis of hydatidosis in abattoirs .Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2014.(48): 633-636
Echinococcosis and hydatidosis are community health problems in different parts of the world. To study the efficacy of intra-dermal test in diagnosis of hydatidosis in cattle, hydatid fluid obtained from bovine and sheep liver and lung cysts was injected intra-dermal to animals. Skin reaction was recorded compared to control. Presence of the cyst in organs in postmortem examination of carcass was considered as gold standard. After 24 hours of injection, sensitivity and specificity of ID test in cows and sheep were calculated. On the ground of its merits, intra-dermal test may be used to diagnose infection before infected carcass enters the market
- Carmena, D., Benito.A, and Eraso,E. (2007). The immunodiagnosis of Echinococcus multilocularis infection. Clin Microbiol Infect.,13: 460–475.
- Chhabra MB and Singh LD (2009). Food-borne parasitic zoonoses in India: Review of recent reports of human infections. J. Vet Parasitol. 23(2): 103-110.
- Dorny, P., Brandt, J. and Geerts, S. (2005). Detection and diagnosis. In: WHO/FAO/OIE Guidelines for the Surveillance, Prevention and Control of Taeniosis/Cysticercosis, (Murrell K.D. ed.) OIE, Paris, 45–55.
- Herrera, A, Matinez, A.A., Rodriguez, J. (2005). Spinal hydatidosis. Spine, 21:2493–2444.
- Nagar, R., Pande, S., Khopkar, U. (2006). Intradermal tests in dermatology-I: Tests for infectious diseases. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol.72:461-5.
- Rodrigues Gabriel., Dip, L.S., and Prasad, Seetharam. (2008). Management of hydatid disease (echinococcosis) in pregnancy. CME review article. .63 Obstetrical and gynecological survey. Copyright © 2008 by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Rokni, M.B. (2009) Echinococcosis /hydatidosis in Iran. (2009). Iranian J Parasitol. 4:1-16.
- Rosenthal, H.L., Cundiff, H.I. (1956). New biuret reagent for the determination of proteins in cerebrospinal fluid. (Clin. Chem). 2(6):394-400.
- Sadjjadi, S.M. Present situation of echinococcosis in the Middle East and Arabic North Africa. Parasitol Int. 2006; 55 Suppl:S197-202. Epub 2005 Dec 6.
- Taghipour, M., Zamanizadeh B, Haghnegahdar A, and Zare Z. Vertebral Hydatidosis. Neurosurg Q. 2008; (2010) 18 (3):163-171.
- World Health Organization. (2010) Working to overcome the global impact of neglected tropical diseases. First WHO report on neglected tropical diseases. 2010. ISBN 978 92 4 1564090.
- World Organization for Animal Health(2008): Manual of diagnostic tests and vaccines for terrestrial animals (mammals, birds and bees): Cysticercosis. 6th Ed. Vol. 2, Chapter 2.9.5.
- Yang, Y.R., McManus, D.P., Huang, Y., Heath, D.D. (2009). Echinococcus granulosus Infection and options for control of cystic echinococcosis in Tibetan Communities of Western Sichuan Province, China. PloS. Negl. Trop. Dis. 3:e426.