- Capy, P. and Brookfield, J.F.Y. (1991) Estimation of relatedness in natural populations using highly polymorphic genetic markers. Genetics Selection Evolution. 23: 391-406.
- Carter, C., Devries, A. and Getz, L. (1995) Physiological substrates of mammalian monogamy: the prairie vole model. Neuro- -science and Biobehavioral Reviews. 19: 303–314.
- Cheverud, J.M., Dow, M.M. and Leutenegger, W. (1985). The quantitative assessment of phylogenetic constraints in comparative analyses: sexual dimorphism in body weight among primates. Evolution. 39: 1335–1351.
- Collins, P.M. and Tsang, W.N. (1987) Growth and reproductive development in the male tree shrew (Tupaia belangeri) from birth to sexual maturity. Biology of Reproduction. 37: 261–267.
- Collins, P.M., Tsang, W.N. and Lofts, B. (1982). Anatomy and function of the reproductive tract in the captive male tree shrew (Tupaia belangeri). Biology of Reproduction. 1: 169-182.
- Dixson, A. (2005) Mating systems and strategies. American Journal of Human Biology. 17: 390-391.
- Emlen, S. and Oring, L. (1977). Ecology, sexual selection and the evolution of mating systems. Science. 197: 215-223.
- Jing, X.L., Wang, X.X. and Wang, W.G. (2011). Isolation of micro- -satellite markers in tree shrews (Tupaia belangeri chinensis). Acta Laboratorium Animalis Scientia Sinica. 19: 312–315.
- Kawamichi, T. and Kawamichi, M. (1979). Spatial organization and territory of three shrews (Tupaia glis). Animal Behaviour. 27: 381–393.
- Kawamichi, T. and Kawamichi, M. (1982). Social system and independence of offspring in tree shrews. Primates. 23: 189–205.
- Kleiman, D.G. and Malcolm, J.R. (1981). The evolution of male parental investment in mammals. The Quarterly Review of Biology. 52: 39–68.
- Kleiman, D.G. (1977). Monogamy in mammals. Quarterly Review of Biology. 52: 39–45.
- Liu, X.H. and Yao, Y.G. (2013). Characterization of 12 polymorphic microsatellite markers in the Chinese tree shrew (Tupaia belangeri chinensis). Zoological Research. 34: E62–E68.
- Martin, R. (1966). Tree shrews: unique reproductive mechanism of systematic importance. Science. 152: 1402–1404.
- Martin, R. (1968). Reproduction and ontogeny in treeshrews (Tupaia belangeri), with reference to their general behaviour and taxonomic relationships. Zeitschrift fuer Tierpsychologie. 25: 409–532.
- Miño, C.I., Russello, M.A., Mussi Gonçalves, P.F. and Del Lama, S.N. (2011). Reconstructing genetic mating systems in the absence of parental information in colonially breeding waterbirds. BMC Evolutionary Biology. 11: 196.
- Reynolds, J.D. (1996) Animal breeding systems. Trends in Ecology and Evolution. 11: 68–72.
- Schwaier, A. (1973) Breeding tupaias (Tupaia belangeri) in captivity. Zeitschrift Fur Versuchstierkunde. 15: 251–255.
- Schwaier, A. (1974). Cage for the successful maintenance of tree shrews (Tupaia belangeri) in captivity. Zeitschrift Fur Versuchstierkunde. 16: 337-340.
- Selolo, T.C., Mashiloane, M.L., Norris, D., Ng’ambi, J.W. and Brown, D. (2015). Morphological differentiation of indigenous goats in different agro-ecological zones of Vhembe district, Limpopo province, South Africa. Indian Journal of Animal Research. 49: 527–531.
- Sinha, B., Mandal, K.G., Kumari, R, Kumari, A. and Gonge, D.S. (2018). Genetic impact on external and internal egg quality traits of Vanaraja and Gramapriya birds and their crosses in Bihar. Indian Journal of Animal Research. 52: 953–958.
- Slate, J., Marshall, T. and Pemberton, J. (2000). A retrospective assessment of the accuracy of the paternity inference program cervus. Molecular Ecology. 9: 801–808.
- Sorenson, M.W. and Conaway, C.H. (1966). Observations on the social behavior of tree shrews in captivity. Folia Primato- -logica. 4: 124-145.
- Wang, Z.K., Sun, R.Y., Li, Q.F. and Fang, J.M. (1994). Characteristics of the resting metabolic rate of tree shrew, Tupaia belangeri. Journal of Beijing Normal University (Natural Science). 30: 408-414.
- Zhu, W.L., Ren, X.Y., Hou, D.M., Wang, W.Q. and Wang, Z.K. (2019) Analysis of volatile chemical substances in urine of the kinship and non-kinship Tupaia belangeri (Mammalia: Scandentia: Tupaiidae). Indian Journal of Animal Research. 53: 311-320.
Submitted Date : 18-09-2019
Accepted Date : 18-03-2020