- Akpinar, G., Canogullari, S., Baylan, M., Alasahan, S. and Aygun, A. (2015). The use of propolis extract for the storage of quail eggs. Journal of Applied Poultry Research. 24: 427-435.
- Aygun, A. and Sert, D. (2013). Effects of prestorage application of propolis and storage time on eggshell microbial activity, hatchability and chick performance in Japanese quail (Coturnix coturnix japonica) eggs. Poultry Science. 92: 3330-3337.
- Aygun, A., Sert, D. and Copur, G. (2012). Effects of propolis on eggshell microbial activity, hatchability and chick performance in Japanese quail (Coturnix coturnix japonica) eggs. Poultry Science. 91: 1018-1025.
- Bailey, J. S., Buhr R. J., Cox, N. A. and Berrang M. E. (1996). Effect of hatchaing cabinet sanitation treatments on salmonella cross-contamination and hatchability of broiler eggs. Poultry Science. 75: 191-196.
- Baylan, M., Bulancak, A., Akpinar, G. C. and Canogullari, S. (2015). Natural products used for disenfection of hatching eggs. Journal of Faculty of Agriculture Çukurova University. 30: 25-32.
- Cadirci, S. (2009). Disinfection of hatching eggs by formaldehyde fumigation–a review. European Poultry Science. 73: 116-123.
- Elibol, O., Uysal, A. and Ertas, S. (2003) The effect of preincubation fumigation with different formaldehyde fumigation concentrations and periods on hatchability of chicken eggs. Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 9: 9-12.
- Ernst, R., Bickford, A. and Glicksmith, J. (1980). Microbiological monitoring of hatcheries and hatching eggs. Proceedings of the Poultry Science. 59 (7): 1604-1604.
- Halkman, K. and Sagdas, O. (2005). Merck Mikrobiyoloji El Kitabý. Baþak Matbaacýlýk, Ankara.
- Harrigan, W. F. and McCance, M. E. (1976). Laboratory methods in food and dairy microbiology, (Academic Press Inc. (London) Ltd.).
- Hulet, R. (2007). Symposium: Managing the embryo for performance managing incubation: Where are we and why? Poultry Science. 86: 1017-1019.
- Ýbas, T. (2018). Effect of disinfection of hatching eggs with propolis at different ratio on hatching results and total number of bacteria. University of Ordu Institute for Graduate Studies in Science and Technology Department of Animal Science, MSc. Thesis.
- Ibrahim, F. A., Mousafa, K. E. M. E., El Sabry, M., Badr, J. M. and Hassan, A. (2018) Effect of egg disinfection by silver nanoparticles on eggshell microbial load, hatchability and post-hatch performance of quail chicks. Poultry Science. 17: 234-242.
- Jones, D. and Musgrove, M. (2005). Effects of extended storage on egg quality factors. Poultry Science. 84: 1774-1777.
- Kamanli, S., Durmus, Ý. and Aygoren, H. (2009). Effect of different temperature and period pre-warming on hatching traits. The Journal of Poultry Research. 8: 20-22.
- Kurt, A., Cakmakci, S. and Caglar, A. (1996). Süt ve Mamülleri Muayene ve Analiz Metotlarý Rehberi. Atatürk Üniv. Ziraat Fak. Yay: 238.
- Lacin, E., Coban, O. and Sabuncuoglu, N. (2008). Effects of egg storage material and storage period on hatchability in Japanese quail. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences. 21: 1183-1188.
- Lam, J., Koustas, E., Sutton, P., Padula, A. M., Cabana, M., Vesterinen, H., Whitaker, E., Daniels, N. and Woodruff, T. (2018). Exposure to formaldehyde and effects on asthma outcomes: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Proceedings of the ISEE Conference Abstracts.
- Saricoban, C. and Yerlikaya, S. (2016). As a protective material: Propolis. Journal of Agroalimentary Processes and Technologies. 22(2): 56-63.
- Shahein, E. and Sedeek, E. K. (2014). Role of spraying hatching eggs with natural disinfectants on hatching characteristics and eggshell bacterial counts. Egyptian Poultry Science Journal. 34: 213-230.
- SPSS (2004). SPSS for Windows Release 13.0. SPSS Inc.
- Toplu, H. O., Fidan, E. D. and Nazligul, A. (2007). The effects of weight and storage time of hatching egg on hatchability traits and hatching weight in Japanese Quail. Journal of faculty of Veterinary Medicine Erciyes University. 4: 11-16.
- Simsek U. G. and Bayraktar, M. (2005). Effect of watching treatments on hatchability of dirty eggs. Journal of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Kafkas University. 11: 163-166.
- Wilson, H. R., Beane, B. L. and Ingram, D. R. (1984). Hatchability of Bobwhite quail eggs: effects of storage time and temperature. Poultry Science. 63: 1715-1718.
Submitted Date : 11-08-2019
Accepted Date : 31-01-2020