- Abdel- kafy, E. M., Hassan, N. S., Morsy, W.A., Ali Kh., A. A. El-Sawy, M. A., Hassanein, M.N.F., Sabra, Z.A.M. (2012). Genetic parameters of litter traits in a local Baladi Black rabbit in Egypt. Proceeding 10th World Rabbit Congress Egypt. pp. 37-41.
- Abdel-Azeem, A.S., Abdel-Azeem, A.M., Darwish, A.A and Omar, E. M. (2007). Litter traits in four pure breeds of rabbit and their crosses under prevailing environmental conditions of Egypt. Proceeding 5th International C onference on Rabbit Production in Hot Climate. Hurghada, Egypt. pp. 39-51.
- Afifi, E.A. Yamani K.A., Marai I.F.M. and Maghawry A.M. (1992). Environmental and genetic aspects of litter traits in NZW and Californian rabbit, under the Egypt conditions. Journal of Applied Rabbit Resources. 15: 334-351.
- Akanno, E.C and Ibe, S.N. (2005). Estimates of genetic parameters for growth traits of domestic rabbits in the humid tropics. Livestock Research for Rural Development. 17(7) http://www.cipav.org.co /Irrd/Irrd20/5/iraq20069.htm
- Akanno, E.C., Ibe S.N. and Ogundu U.E. (2004). Reproduction and pre-weaning litter performance of different genotype of locally adapted rabbit breeds – Proc. of the 24th Annual Conference of the Genetics Society of Nigeria, UNAAB, Nigeria.
- Becker, W.A. (1996). Manual of Quantitative Genetics 5th Edition. Academic Enterprises. Pullman Washington. pp. 45 – 49.
- El-Deghadi, A. S. (2005). Genetic evaluation for some reproductive traits in rabbits. Ph.D. Thesis submitted to Department of Animal Production, Faculty of Agriculture, Moshtohor, Benha University, Egypt.
- El–Rahman, H. A., Elagib, H.A.A. and Babiker, S.A. (2012). Reproductive performance, meat chemical composition and quality of Sudan Baladi, New Zealand White and Californian rabbit breeds. Asian Journal of Animal Science. 6:47-50.
- Enab, A. A., El-Weshahy, O. A. and Abdou, F. H. (2000). Genetic analysis of some economic tracts in rabbits. Egyptian Journal of Rabbit Science. 10 (2): 327 – 339.
- Harvey, W. R. (1990). Mixed Model Least Square and Maximum Likelihood Programme. Ohio State University, Ohio, USA.
- Iraqi, M.M., Afifi, E.A., Nayera, Z. B. and Gad, S. M. A. (2007). Estimation of genetic parameters for litter traits in Gabali rabbits raised in the north – western coast of Egypt using multi-trait animal model. 5th International Conference on Rabbit Production in Hot Climate. Hurghada, Egypt. pp. 103-112.
- Iraqi, M.M., Ibrahim, M.K., Hassan, N.S.H. and El-Deghadi, A.S. (2006). Evaluation of litter traits in purebred and crossbred rabbits raised under Egyptian conditions. Livestock Research for Rural Development. 18 (6).
- Kabir, M., Akpa G.N, Nwagu B.I. and Adeyinka I.A. (2012). Litter Traits in a Diallel Crossing of Three Rabbit Breeds in Northern Guinea Savannah Zone of Nigeria, In: Proceedings, 10th World Rabbit Congress, World Rabbit Science Association, September 3-6, Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt. pp. 69–74.
- Kabir, M., Oni, O.O, Akpa, G.N. and Adeyinka, I.A. (2006). Heritability estimates and the interrelationships of body weight and shank length in two strains of Rhode Island Chickens. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences. 9 (15): 2892–2896.
- Khalil, M.H., Owen, J.B. and Afifi, E.A. (1986). A review of phenotypic and genetic parameters associated with meat production traits in rabbits. Animal Breeding Abstract. 54 (9): 725-749.
- Oke, U. K. and Iheanocho, V. C. (2011). Effect of breed and breeding system on reproductive performance of rabbits in a humid tropical environment. Tropical and Subtropical Agro-ecosystem. 14: 369 – 373.
- Okoro, V. M. O., Ogundu, U. E., Ukoli, I. C., Anyanwu, G. A., Chikaire, J., Raji, A. O. and Maduka, C. G. (2012). Estimation of heritability and repeatability for pre-weaning and post–weaning litter weight of unselected Domestic Rabbits in South Eastern Nigeria. International Journal of Agriculture and Forestry. 2(1): 7 – 10.
- Oludayo, M.A. (2012). Genetic and Physiological Evaluation of Hyla Rabbits in Guinea Savannah Zone of Nigeria. M.Sc. Thesis. Faculty of Agriculture, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria Nigeria.
- Onifade, A. A., Abu, O.A Obiyan, R.L and Abanikannda, O.T F. (1999). Rabbit production in Nigeria: Some aspect of current status and promotional strategies. World Rabbit Science. 7 (2): 51-58.
- Orunmuyi, M., Adeyinka, I. A., Ojo, O. A. and Adeyinka, F. D. (2006). Genetic parameters estimates for pre-weaning litters traits in rabbits. Pakistan Journal of Biology and Science. 9 (15): 2909 – 2911.
- Rastogi, R.K., Lukefahr, S.D. and Lukefahr, F.B. (2000). Heritability and repeatability of litter traits based on dam records from a tropical rabbit’s population in Trinidad, West -Indies. 7th World Rabbit Congress Valencia.
- Ragab, M,. Sanchez, J. P. and Baselga, M. (2014). Effective population size and inbreeding depression on litter size in rabbits. A case study. Journal of Animal Breeding and Genetics. Wiley Online Library. https://doi.org/10.1111/jbg/12110.
- Sorhue, G.U., Akporhuarho, P.O., Udeh, I., and Mmereole, F.U.C. (2013). Estimates of genetic parameters of litter size traits at birth and weaning in domestic rabbits (Oryctolagus cuniculus) raised in Anwai community, South Nigeria. International Journal of the Bio-flux Society. 3(1): 7-14. http://www.rg. Bioflux.com.ro. Retrieved on 24/11/2018.
Submitted Date : 25-03-2019
Accepted Date : 24-09-2019