- AOAC. (2006). Official Methods of Analysis (17th Edn.). Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, D.C
- Baldwin, R. L. and Connor, E. E. (2017). Rumen function and development. Veterinary Clinics of North America-Food Animal Practice. 33: 427-439.
- Bernardes, T. F., Nussio, L. G. and do Amaral, R. C. (2012). Top spoilage losses in maize silage sealed with plastic films with different permeabilities to oxygen. Grass and Forage Science. 67: 34-42.
- Borreani, G., Tabacco, E., Schmidt, R. J., Holmes, B. J. and Muck, R. E. (2018). Silage review: Factors affecting dry matter and quality losses in silages. Journal of Dairy Science. 101: 3952-3979.
- Brown, D., Ng’ambi, J. W. and Norris, D. (2016). Voluntary intake and palatability indices of pedi goats fed different levels of acacia karroo leaf meal by cafeteria method. Indian Journal of Animal Research. 50: 41-47.
- Li, J. F., Yuan, X. J., Desta, S. T., Dong, Z. H., Mugabe, W. and Shao, T. (2018). Characterization of enterococcus faecalis jf85 and enterococcus faecium y83 isolated from tibetan yak (bos grunniens) for ensiling pennisetum sinese. Bioresource Technology. 257: 76-83.
- Luna-Palomera, C., Aguilar-Cabrales, J. A., Peralta-Torres, J. A., Bottini-Luzardo, M., Sánchez-Dávila, F., et al. (2018). Seminal characteristics and lipids metabolites in hair rams supplemented with two types of fats. Indian Journal of Animal Research. 52: 518-522.
- Mertens, D. R. (2010). Proceedings of Cornell Nutrition Conference for Feed Manufacturers. Syracuse, New York. pp. 160-174.
- Muck, R. E., Nadeau, E. M. G., McAllister, T. A., Contreras-Govea, F. E., Santos, M. C. and Kung, L. (2018). Silage review: Recent advances and future uses of silage additives. Journal of Dairy Science. 101: 3980-4000.
- NRC. (2007). Nutrient requirements of small ruminants: Sheep, Goats, Cervids, and New World Camelids. National Academy Press, Washington, D. C.
- Oskoueian, Ehsan, Jafari, Saeid, Noura, Reza, Jahromi, Mohammad Faseleh, Meng, Goh Yong and Ebrahimi, Mahdi. (2019). Application of different types of lactic acid bacteria inoculant on ensiled rice straw; effects on silage quality, rumen fermentation, methane production and microbial population. bioRxiv, 612556.
- Ramirez-Lozano, Roque G, Gonzalez-Rodriguez, Humberto and Ledezma-Torres, Rogelio A. (2018). Nutritional evaluation of senegalia greggii and prosopis juliflora as browse supplements for sheep. Indian Journal of Animal Research. 52: 1304-1308.
- Rhine, E.D., Sims, G.K., Mulvaney, R.L. and Pratt, E.J. (1998). Improving the berthelot reaction for determining ammonium in soil extracts and water. Soil Science Society of America journal. 62: 473-480.
- Riaz, M. Q., Sudekum, K. H., Clauss, M. and Jayanegara, A. (2014). Voluntary feed intake and digestibility of four domestic ruminant species as influenced by dietary constituents: A meta-analysis. Livestock Science. 162: 76-85.
- Sambusiti, C., Monlau, F., Ficara, E., Carrere, H. and Malpei, F. (2013). A comparison of different pre-treatments to increase methane production from two agricultural substrates. Applied Energy. 104: 62-70.
- Solati, Zeinab, Manevski, Kiril, Jørgensen, Uffe, Labouriau, Rodrigo, Shahbazi, Shima and Lærke, Poul Erik. (2018). Crude protein yield and theoretical extractable true protein of potential biorefinery feedstocks. Industrial Crops and Products. 115: 214-226.
- Tamboli, Asif S., Waghmare, Pankajkumar R., Khandare, Rahul V. and Govindwar, Sanjay P. (2017). Comparative analyses of enzymatic activity, structural study and docking of fungal cellulases. Gene Reports. 9: 54-60.
- Van Soest, P. J. (2006). Rice straw, the role of silica and treatments to improve quality. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 130: 137-171.
- Van Soest, P. J., Robertson, J. B. and Lewis, B. A. (1991). Methods for dietary fiber, neutral detergent fiber, and nonstarch polysaccharides in relation to animal nutrition. Journal of Dairy Science. 74: 3583-3597.
- Wang, H. R., Chen, Q., Chen, L. M., Ge, R. F., Wang, M. Z., Yu, L. H. and Zhang, J. (2017). Effects of dietary physically effective neutral detergent fiber content on the feeding behavior, digestibility and growth of 8-to 10-month-old holstein replacement heifers. Journal of Dairy Science. 100: 1161-1169.
- Wang, Meng-zhi, Wang, Hong-rong, Cao, Heng-chun, Li, Guo-xiang and Zhang, Jie. (2008). Effects of limiting amino acids on rumen fermentation and microbial community in vitro. Agricultural Sciences in China. 7: 1524-1531.
- Xia, T. F., Huang, H. Y., Wu, G. F., Sun, E. H., Jin, X. C. and Tang, W. Y. (2018). The characteristic changes of rice straw fibers in anaerobic digestion and its effect on rice straw-reinforced composites. Industrial Crops and Products. 121: 73-79.
- Zhao, J., Dong, Z. H., Li, J. F., Chen, L., Bai, Y. F., Jia, Y. S. and Shao, T. (2018). Ensiling as pretreatment of rice straw: The effect of hemicellulase and lactobacillus plantarum on hemicellulose degradation and cellulose conversion. Bioresource Technology. 266: 158-165.
- Zhao, Jie, Dong, Zhihao, Li, Junfeng, Chen, Lei, Bai, Yunfeng, Jia, Yushan and Shao, Tao. (2019). Effects of lactic acid bacteria and molasses on fermentation dynamics, structural and nonstructural carbohydrate composition and in vitro ruminal fermentation of rice straw silage. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences. 32: 783-791.
- Zhu, H. K., Zhong, H., Evans, D. and Hintelmann, H. (2015). Effects of rice residue incorporation on the speciation, potential bioavailability and risk of mercury in a contaminated paddy soil. Journal of Hazardous Materials. 293: 64-71.
Submitted Date : 22-01-2019
Accepted Date : 26-09-2019