Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Effect of age at first calving and other non-genetic factors on longevity and production traits in Holstein cattle under Vojvodina Province condition, Serbia
First Online 04-07-2019|
- Bayram, B., Yanar, M. and Akbulut, O. (2009). The effect of average daily gain and age at first calving on reproductive and milk production traits of Brown swiss and Holstein Friesian cattle. Bulgarian Journal of Agricultural Science, 15 (5): 453–462.
- Beaudeau, F., Seegers, H., Ducrocq, V., Fourichon, C. and Bareille, N. (2000). Effect of health disorders on culling in dairy cows: a review and acritical discussion. Ann. Zootech, 49: 293–311.
- Bewley, J., Palmer, R. W. and Jackson-Smith, D. B. (2001). Modeling milk production and labor efficiency in modernized Wisconsin dairy herds. Journal of Dairy Science, 84: 705–716.
- Brickell, J.S., Bourne, N., McGowan, M.M. and Wathes, D. C. (2009). Effect of growth and development during the rearing period on the subsequent fertility of nulliparous Holstein-Friesian heifers. Theriogenology, 72: 408–416.
- Cielava, L., Jonkus, D. and Paura, L. (2017). The effect of cow reproductive traits on lifetime productivity and longevity. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. International Journal of Animal and Veterinary Sciences, 11 (3): 220–223.
- Cooke, J. S. and Wathes, D. C. (2014). Rearing heifer calves for optimum lifelong production. Cattle Practice, 22 (1): 66–67.
- Dash, S. K., Gupta, A. K., Manoj, M., Kumar, V., Shivhre, P. R. and Valsalan, J. (2018) Analysis of lifetime performance in Karan Fries Cattle. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 52 (5): 761–767.
- Do, C., Wasana, N., Cho, K., Choi, Y., Choi, T., Park, B. and Lee, D. (2013). The effect of age at first calving and calving interval on productive life and lifetime profit in Corean Holsteins Asian Australas. Journal of Animal Science, 26 (11): 1511–1517.
- Ettema, J. F. and Santos, J. E. (2004). Impact of age at first calving on lactation, reproduction, health and income in first–parity Holsteins on commercial farms. Journal of Dairy Science, 87: 2730–2742.
- Hare, E., Norman, H. D. and Wright, J. R. (2006). Survival rates and productive herd life of dairy cattle in the United States. Journal of Dairy Science, 89: 3713–3720.
- Haworth, G. M., Tranter, W. P., Chuck, J. N., Cheng, Z. and Wathes, D. B. C. (2008). Relationships between age at first calving and first lactation milk yield, and lifetime productivity and longevity in dairy cows. Veterinary Record, 162: 643–647.
- Honarvar, M., Nejati Javaremi, A., Miraei Ashtiani, S. R. and Banadaki, M. (2010). Effect of length of productive life on genetic trend of milk production and profitability: A simulation study. African Journal of Biotechnology, 9 (20): 3000–3010.
- Mészáros, G., Wolf, J. and Kadleèík, O. (2008). Factors affecting the functional length of productive life in Slovak Pinzgau cows. Czech Journal of Animal Science, 53: 91–97.
- Nilforooshan, M. A. and Edriss, M. A. (2004). Effect of age at first calving on some productive and longevity traits in Iranian Holsteins of Isfahan Province. Journal of Dairy Science, 87: 2130–2135.
- Pirlo, G., Miglior, F. and Speroni, M. (2000). Effect of age at first calving on production traits and on difference between milk yield returns and rearing costs in Italian Holsteins. Journal of Dairy Science, 83: 603–608.
- Raguz, N., Jovanovac, S., Gantner, V., Mészáros, G. and Sölkner, J. (2011). Analysis of factors affecting the length of productive life in Croatian dairy cows. Bulgarian Journal of Agricultural Science, 17: 232–240.
- Ratwan, P., Mandal, A., Kumar, M. and Chakravarty, A.K. (2017). Genetic analysis of milk production efficiency traits in Jersey crossbred cattle. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 51 (4): 644–647.
- Sewalem, A., Miglior, F., Kistemaker, G. J., Sullivan, P. and Van Doormaal, B. J. (2008). Relationship between reproduction traits and functional longevity in Canadian dairy cattle. Journal of Dairy Science, 91: 1660–1668.
- Singh, J., Singh, V. K., Kumar, A. Y. and Kumar, A. J. (2017) Effect of genetic and non-genetic factors on age at first calving in Sahiwal cattle. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 51 (4): 635–639.
- Singh, S., Rana, Z. S., Pander, B. L., Dhaka S. S. and Kumar., R. (2013) Prediction of phenotypic value of lifetime performance from early lactation traits in Hariana cattle. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 47 (4): 352–355.
- Stanojeviæ, D., Ðedoviæ, R., Bogdanoviæ, V., Raguž, N., Popovac, M., Beskorovajni, R. and Kuèeviæ, D. (2015). Phenotypic analysis of longevity of black and white breed cows. International Symposium on Animal Science (ISAS) and 19th international Congress on biotechnology in Animal reproduction (ICBAR), Proceedings and Abstracts Book, 101–107, 09–11th September, Novi Sad, Serbia.
- Teke, B. and Murat, H. (2013). Effect of age at first calving on first lactation milk yield, lifetime milk yield and lifetime in Turkish Holsteins of the Mediterranean region in Turkey. Bulgarian Journal of Agricultural Science, 19: 1126–1129.
- Thombre, B. M., Mitkari, K. R., Padghan, P. V., Shaikh, E.G. and Chavan, K. R. (2002). Studies on age at first calving and first lactation performance in Holstein Friesian X Deoni straight breeds. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 36 (2): 144–146.
- Zavadilová, L. and Štípková, M. (2013). Effect of age at first calving on longevity and fertility traits for Holstein cattle. Czech Journal of Animal Science, 58 (2): 47–57.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.