Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Comparative evaluation of the in-vitro viability of canine and human blood preserved in citrate phosphate dextrose adenine (CPDA)-1 anticoagulated blood bag
First Online 18-04-2019|
- Adamson, J.W. (2008). New blood, old blood or no blood? New England Journal of Medicine, 358:1295-96.
- Almac, E. and Ince, C (2007). The impact of storage on red cell function in blood transfusion. Best Practice and Research Clinical Anaesthesiology, 21:195–208.
- Cheesbrough, M. (2006). Hematological tests. In: District Laboratory Practice in Tropical Countries.Part 2. Second edition. Cambridge University Press. Cambridge, UK: p 268-347.
- Daniel, B., Kim-shapiro, J. L. and Mark, T. G. (2011). Storage lesion. Role of Red cell Breakdown. Transfusion, 51:844-851.
- Flatt,J.F.,Bawazir,W.M. and Bruce, L.J. (2014). The involvement of cation leaks in the storage of Red blood cells. Frontiers in Physiology, 5:214-8.
- Hess, J.R. (2010). Conventional blood banking and blood component storage regulation: opportunities for improvement. Blood transfusion, 8:9-15.
- Hillman, G. and Beyer, G. (1967). Turbidimetric determination of potassium in serum. Journal Of Clinical Chemistry and Clinical Biochemistry, 5:92-93.
- Huyut, Z. (2016). The susceptibility of erythrocytes to oxidation during storage of blood: effects of melatonin and propofol”. Clinical Biochemistry, 45:315–319.
- Karama, M.I. (2008). Haematological changes in stored blood. Journal of Education and Science, 21:8-12.
- Klein, H.G. (2003). Getting older is not necessarily getting better. Anaesthesiology,98:807-8
- Leo, M.G. van de watering and Anneke Brand (2008). Effects of storage of red cells. Transfus.Med. Hemo, 35:359-367.
- Marik, P.E. and Sibbald, W.J. (1993). Effects of stored blood transfusion on oxygen delivery in patients with sepsis. Journal of the American Medicinal Association, 269:3024-9
- Minetti, G.,Ciana, A. and Profumo, A. (2001). Cell age-related monovalent cations content and density changes in stored human erythrocytes. Biochimica. Et. Biophysica. Acta, 1527:149–55.
- Moore, G.L., Peck, C.C. and Sohmer, P.R. (1981). Some properties of blood stored in anticoagulant CPDA-1 solution: A brief summary. Transfusion, 21: 135-137.
- Moroff, G. (1983). Characterization of biochemical changes occurring during storage of red Blood cells: comparative study with CPD and CPDA-1 anticoagulant preservative solutions. Transfusions, 23:484-489.
- Moron, M.S., Depierre, J.W. and Mannervik, B. (1979). Levels of glutathione, glutathione reductase and glutathione S-transferase activities in rat lung and liver. Biochim Biophys Acta, 582(1): 67-78.
- NIH (1985). Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animal (Revised). Washington NIH Publications, 83-123.
- Orlov, K. and Karkouti, K. (2014). The pathophysiology and consequences of red blood cell storage. Anaesthesia, 70:29-37.
- Purdy, F.R., Tweddddale, M.G. and Merrick, P.M., (1997). Association of mortality with age of blood transfused in septic ICU patients. Canadian journal of Anaesthesia, 44:1256-61.
- Rubin, O.,Crettaz, D.,Canellini, G. and Tissot, J.D. (2008). Microparticles in stored red blood cells:an approach using ûow cytometry and proteomic tools. Vox Sanguinis, 95:288–97.
- Schalm, O.W., Jain, N.C. and Carol, E.J. (1975).Veterinary Haematology, 3rded, Philadelphia, pp 16-25.
- Sinha, A.K. (1972). Colorimetric assay of catalase. Analytical Biochemistry, 47:389–94.
- Somnath, M., Neelam, M., Rajendra, P., Ratti, R.S. and Beenu, T. (2010). Serial assessment of biochemichal parameters of red cell preparations to evaluate safety for neonatal transfusions. Indian Journal of Medicine Res, 132:715-720.
- Stocks, J. and Dormandy, T.L. (1971). The autoxidation of human red cell lipids induced by hydrogen peroxide. British Journal of Haematology, 20:95-111.
- Straus, R.G. (2006). Controversies in the management of anaemia of prematurity using single donor RBC transfusion. Transfusion Medicine Review, 8:32-44.
- Sylvester, G.P. and Jane, P.A. (1988). Evaluation of CPDA-1 storage medium for packed canine erythrocytes. Journal of Internal Medicine, 2:126-132.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.