- Cannon, B. and Lindberg, U. (1979) Mitochondria from brown adipose tissue: isolation and properties. Methods in Enzymology, 55: 65–78.
- Chi, Q.S. and Wang, D.H. (2011) Thermal physiology and energetics in male desert hamsters (Phodopus roborovskii) during cold acclimation. Journal of Comparative Physiology, 181: B91–103.
- Gutman, R., Choshniak, I. and Kronfeld-Schor, N. (2006) Defending body mass during food restriction in Acomys russatus: a desert rodent that does not store food. American Journal of Physiology, 290: R881–891.
- Gutman, R., Yosha, D., Choshniak, I. and Kronfeld-Schor, N. (2007) Two strategies for coping with food shortage in desert golden spiny mice. Physiology & Behavior, 90: 95–102.
- Hambly, C. and Speakman, J.R. (2005) Contribution of different mechanisms to compensation for energy restriction in the mouse. Obesity Research, 13: 1548–1557.
- Hambly, C., Simpson, C.A., McIntosh, S., Duncan, J.S., Dalgleish, G.D. and Speakman, J.R. (2007) Calorie-restricted mice that gorge show less ability to compensate for reduced energy intake. Physiology & Behavior, 92: 985–992.
- Heldmaier, G. (1971) Nonshivering thermogenesis and body size in 567 mammals. Journal of Comparative Physiology, 73: B222–248.
- Hill, R.W. (1972) Determination of oxygen consumption by use of the paramagnetic oxygen analyzer. Journal of Applied Physiology, 33:261–263.
- Kamalasundari, S, and Premalatha, M.R. (2014). Development of high fiber and low glycaemic food for weight reduction. Journal of Dairying Foods & Home Sciences, 33: 87–90.
- Klingenspor, M. (2003) Cold-induced recruitment of brown adipose tissue thermogenesis. Experimental Physiology, 88: 141–148.
- Li, X.S. and Wang, D.H. (2005) Regulation of body weight and thermogenesis in seasonally acclimatized Brandt’s voles (Microtus brandti). Hormones and Behavior, 48: 321–328.
- Lowry, O.H., Rosbrough, N.J., Farr, A.L. and Randall, R.J. (1951) Protein measurement with the Folin phenol reagents. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 193: 265–275.
- Merkt, J. and Taylor, C.R. (1994) A metabolic switch for desert survival. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the united states of America, 91: 12313–12316.
- Naseer, J., Anjum, K.M., Munir, M.A., Nazir, M.A., Yousaf, M.Z., Naseer, O., Anjum, A., Khan, A.U. and Akbar, M.T. (2018). A study on indian peafowl (Pavo cristatus) emphasising breeding season and feeding behaviour in captivity. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 52: 1664–1666.
- Savsani, H.H., Padodara, R.J., Bhadaniya, A.R., Kalariya, V.A., Javia, B.B., and Ghodasara, S.N. (2015). Impact of climate on feeding, production and reproduction of animals-a review. Agricultural Reviews, 36: 26–36.
- Sundin, U., Moore, G., Nedergaard, J. and Cannon, B. (1987) Thermogenin amount and activity in hamster brown fat mitochondria: effect of cold acclimation. American Journal of Physiology, 252: R822–832.
- Tang, G.B., Cui, J.G. and Wang, D.H. (2009) Role of hypoleptinemia during cold adaptation in Brandt’s voles (Lasiopodomys brandtii). American Journal of Physiology, 297: R1293–1301.
- Wang, J.M., Zhang, Y.M. and Wang, D.H. (2006) Seasonal thermogenesis and body mass regulation in plateau pikas (Ochotona curzoniae). Oecologia, 149: 373–382.
- Williams, T.D., Chambers, J.B. and Henderson, R.P. (2002) Cardiovascular responses to caloric restriction and thermoneutrality in C57BL/6J mice. American Journal of Physiology, 282: R1459–1467.
- Zhao, Z.J., Wang, R.R., Cao, J. and Pei, L.Y. (2009) Effect of random food deprivation and refeeding on energy budget and development in mice. Zoological Research, 30: 534–538.
- Zhao, Z.J. (2012) Effect of food restriction on energy metabolism and thermogenesis in striped hamster (Cricetulus barabensis). Acta Theriologica Sinica, 32: 297–305
- Zhao, Z.J., Chi, Q.S., Cao, J. and Wang, D.H. (2014) Seasonal changes of body mass and energy budget in Striped hamsters: the role of leptin. Physiological and Biochemical Zoology, 87: 245–256.
- Zhu, W.L., Wang, B., Cai, J.H., Lian, X. and Wang, Z.K. (2011) Thermogenesis, energy intake and serum leptin in Apodemus chevrieri in Hengduan mountains region during cold acclimation. Journal of Thermal Biology, 36: 81–86.
- Zhu, W.L., Yang, S.C., Zhang, L. and Wang, Z.K. (2012) Seasonal variations of body mass, thermogenesis and digestive tract morphology in Apodemus chevrieri in Hengduan mountain region. Animal Biology, 62: 463–478.
- Zhu, W.L., Mu, Y., Zhang, H., Zhang, L. and Wang, Z.K. (2013) Effects of food restriction on body mass, thermogenesis and serum leptin level in Apodemus chevrieri (Mammalia: Rodentia: Muridae). Italian Journal of Zoology, 80: 337–344.
- Zhu, W.L. and Wang, Z.K. (2016) Effect of random food deprivation and re-feeding on energy metabolism, behavior and hypothalamic neuropeptide expression in Apodemus chevrieri. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology, 201: A71–78.
Submitted Date : 19-09-2018
Accepted Date : 25-01-2019