Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Effects of food restriction on energy metabolism in male Apodemus chevrieri from Hengduan mountain region of China
First Online 22-02-2019|
- Cannon, B. and Lindberg, U. (1979) Mitochondria from brown adipose tissue: isolation and properties. Methods in Enzymology, 55: 65–78.
- Chi, Q.S. and Wang, D.H. (2011) Thermal physiology and energetics in male desert hamsters (Phodopus roborovskii) during cold acclimation. Journal of Comparative Physiology, 181: B91–103.
- Gutman, R., Choshniak, I. and Kronfeld-Schor, N. (2006) Defending body mass during food restriction in Acomys russatus: a desert rodent that does not store food. American Journal of Physiology, 290: R881–891.
- Gutman, R., Yosha, D., Choshniak, I. and Kronfeld-Schor, N. (2007) Two strategies for coping with food shortage in desert golden spiny mice. Physiology & Behavior, 90: 95–102.
- Hambly, C. and Speakman, J.R. (2005) Contribution of different mechanisms to compensation for energy restriction in the mouse. Obesity Research, 13: 1548–1557.
- Hambly, C., Simpson, C.A., McIntosh, S., Duncan, J.S., Dalgleish, G.D. and Speakman, J.R. (2007) Calorie-restricted mice that gorge show less ability to compensate for reduced energy intake. Physiology & Behavior, 92: 985–992.
- Heldmaier, G. (1971) Nonshivering thermogenesis and body size in 567 mammals. Journal of Comparative Physiology, 73: B222–248.
- Hill, R.W. (1972) Determination of oxygen consumption by use of the paramagnetic oxygen analyzer. Journal of Applied Physiology, 33:261–263.
- Kamalasundari, S, and Premalatha, M.R. (2014). Development of high fiber and low glycaemic food for weight reduction. Journal of Dairying Foods & Home Sciences, 33: 87–90.
- Klingenspor, M. (2003) Cold-induced recruitment of brown adipose tissue thermogenesis. Experimental Physiology, 88: 141–148.
- Li, X.S. and Wang, D.H. (2005) Regulation of body weight and thermogenesis in seasonally acclimatized Brandt’s voles (Microtus brandti). Hormones and Behavior, 48: 321–328.
- Lowry, O.H., Rosbrough, N.J., Farr, A.L. and Randall, R.J. (1951) Protein measurement with the Folin phenol reagents. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 193: 265–275.
- Merkt, J. and Taylor, C.R. (1994) A metabolic switch for desert survival. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the united states of America, 91: 12313–12316.
- Naseer, J., Anjum, K.M., Munir, M.A., Nazir, M.A., Yousaf, M.Z., Naseer, O., Anjum, A., Khan, A.U. and Akbar, M.T. (2018). A study on indian peafowl (Pavo cristatus) emphasising breeding season and feeding behaviour in captivity. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 52: 1664–1666.
- Savsani, H.H., Padodara, R.J., Bhadaniya, A.R., Kalariya, V.A., Javia, B.B., and Ghodasara, S.N. (2015). Impact of climate on feeding, production and reproduction of animals-a review. Agricultural Reviews, 36: 26–36.
- Sundin, U., Moore, G., Nedergaard, J. and Cannon, B. (1987) Thermogenin amount and activity in hamster brown fat mitochondria: effect of cold acclimation. American Journal of Physiology, 252: R822–832.
- Tang, G.B., Cui, J.G. and Wang, D.H. (2009) Role of hypoleptinemia during cold adaptation in Brandt’s voles (Lasiopodomys brandtii). American Journal of Physiology, 297: R1293–1301.
- Wang, J.M., Zhang, Y.M. and Wang, D.H. (2006) Seasonal thermogenesis and body mass regulation in plateau pikas (Ochotona curzoniae). Oecologia, 149: 373–382.
- Williams, T.D., Chambers, J.B. and Henderson, R.P. (2002) Cardiovascular responses to caloric restriction and thermoneutrality in C57BL/6J mice. American Journal of Physiology, 282: R1459–1467.
- Zhao, Z.J., Wang, R.R., Cao, J. and Pei, L.Y. (2009) Effect of random food deprivation and refeeding on energy budget and development in mice. Zoological Research, 30: 534–538.
- Zhao, Z.J. (2012) Effect of food restriction on energy metabolism and thermogenesis in striped hamster (Cricetulus barabensis). Acta Theriologica Sinica, 32: 297–305
- Zhao, Z.J., Chi, Q.S., Cao, J. and Wang, D.H. (2014) Seasonal changes of body mass and energy budget in Striped hamsters: the role of leptin. Physiological and Biochemical Zoology, 87: 245–256.
- Zhu, W.L., Wang, B., Cai, J.H., Lian, X. and Wang, Z.K. (2011) Thermogenesis, energy intake and serum leptin in Apodemus chevrieri in Hengduan mountains region during cold acclimation. Journal of Thermal Biology, 36: 81–86.
- Zhu, W.L., Yang, S.C., Zhang, L. and Wang, Z.K. (2012) Seasonal variations of body mass, thermogenesis and digestive tract morphology in Apodemus chevrieri in Hengduan mountain region. Animal Biology, 62: 463–478.
- Zhu, W.L., Mu, Y., Zhang, H., Zhang, L. and Wang, Z.K. (2013) Effects of food restriction on body mass, thermogenesis and serum leptin level in Apodemus chevrieri (Mammalia: Rodentia: Muridae). Italian Journal of Zoology, 80: 337–344.
- Zhu, W.L. and Wang, Z.K. (2016) Effect of random food deprivation and re-feeding on energy metabolism, behavior and hypothalamic neuropeptide expression in Apodemus chevrieri. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology, 201: A71–78.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.