- Arparjirasakul, W., Bunchasak, C., Rakangthong, C. and Poeikhampha, T. (2018). Effects of liquid methionine and capsaicin supple mentation in diets on growth and intestinal morphology of broilers. International Journal of Pharma Medicine and Biological Sciences, 7: 40-45.
- Bakir, B. and Sari, E. K. (2015). Immunohistochemical distribution of platelet-derived growth factor-á and platelet-derived growth factor receptor-á in small intestine of rats treated with capsaicin. Turkish Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, 39: 160-167.
- Brown, J.A. and Cline, T.R. (1974). Urea excretion in the pig: An indicator of protein quality and amino acid requirements. Journal of Nutrition, 104: 542-545.
- Dibner, J.J. and Buttin, P. (2002). Use of organic acids as a model to study the impact of gut microflora on nutrition and metabolism. The Journal of Applied Poultry Research, 11: 453-463.
- Frankic, T., Levart, A. and Salobir, J. (2010). The effect of vitamin E and plant extract mixture composed of carvacrol, cinnamaldehyde and capsaicin on oxidative stress induced by high PUFA load in young pigs. Animal, 4: 572-578.
- Fuller, R. and Perdigon, G. (2003). Gut Flura, Nutrition, Immunity and Health. Blackwell Publishing, Oxford.
- Jarupan, T., Rakangthong, C., Bunchasak, C., Poeikhampha, T. and Kromkhun, P. (2018). Effect of colistin and liquid methionine with capsaicin supplementation in diets on growth performance and intestinal morphology of nursery pigs. International Journal of Pharma Medicine and Biological Sciences, 7: 46-51.
- Jensen, B.B., and Jorgensen, H. (1994). Effect of dietary fiber on microbial activity and microbial gas production in various regions of the gastrointestinal tract of pigs. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 60: 1897-1904.
- Kaewtapee, C., Krutthai, N., Poosuwan, K., Poeikhampha, T., Koonawootrittriron, S. and Bunchasak, C. (2009). Effects of adding liquid DL-methionine hydroxy analogue-free acid to drinking water on growth performance and small intestinal morphology of nursery pigs. Journal of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition, 94: 395-404.
- Kongkeaw, P., Kaewtapee, C., Rakangtong, C., Bunchasak, C. and Poeikhampha, T. (2013). Effects of methionine sources and total sulfur amino acid to lysine ratios in diets on growth, intestinal pH and blood urea nitrogen concentrations of nursery pigs. 3rd International Conference on Ecological, Environmental and Biological Sciences (ICEEBS’2013), Singapore. pp. 235-238.
- Kristian, D., Alistair, C.D., Neil, H., Alexandra, N., David, B. and Soraya, P.S.B. (2014). Dietary supplementation with lactose or artificial sweetener enhances swine gut Lactobacillus population abundance. British Journal of Nutrition, 111: 30-35.
- Krutthai, N., Vajrabukka, C., Markvichitr, K., Choothesa, A., Thiengtham, J., Sawanon,
- S., Kaewtapee, C. and Bunchasak, C. (2015). Effect of source of methionine in broken rice-soybean diet on production performance, blood chemistry, and fermentation characteristics in weaned pigs. Czech Journal Animal Science, 60: 123-131.
- Lokaewmanee, K., Yamauchi, K. and Okuda, N. (2012). Effects of dietary red pepper on egg yolk colour and histological intestinal morphology in laying hens. Journal of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition, 97: 986-995.
- Manzanilla, E.G., Nofrarias, M., Anguita, M., Castillo, M., Perez, J.F., Martín-Orúe, S.M., Kamel, C. and Gasa, J. (2006). Effects of butyrate, avilamycin, and a plant extract combination on the intestinal equilibrium of early-weaned pigs. Journal of Animal Science, 84: 2743-2751.
- National Research Council (NRC). (2012). Nutrient requirements of swine. National Academy Press, Washington, D.C.
- Nofrarias, M., Manzanilla, E.G., Pujols, J., Gibert, X., Majo, N., Segales, J. and Gasa, J. (2006). Effects of spray-dried porcine plasma and plant extracts on intestinal morphology and on leukocyte cell subsets of weaned pigs. Journal of Animal Science, 84: 2735-2742.
- Nunez, M.C., Bueno, J.D., Ayudarte, M.V., Almendros, A., Rios, A., Suarez, M.D. and Gil, A. (1996). Dietary restriction induces biochemical and morphometric changes in the small intestine of nursery piglets. Journal of Nutrition, 126: 933-944.
- Sads, P.R. and Bilkei, G. (2003). The effect of oregano and vaccination against Glasser’s disease and pathogenic Escherichia coli on post-weaning performance of pigs. Irish Veterinary Journal, 56: 611-615.
- Udompoka, S. (2006). Effect of the crude extract from Capsicum spp. supplementation in weaning pigs diets. M. A. Thesis, Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Van Winsen, R.L., Urlings, B.A.P., Lipman, L.J.A., Snijders, J.M.A., Keuzenkamp, D.,et al. (2001). Effect of fermented feed on the microbial population of the gastrointestinal tracts of pigs. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 67: 3071-3076.
- Walsh, M.C., Rostagno, M.H., Gardiner, G.E., Sutton, A.L., Richert, B.T. and Radcliffe, J.S. (2012). Controlling salmonella infection in weanling pigs through water delivery of direct-fed microbials or organic acids. Part I: Effects on growth performance, microbial populations, and immune status. Journal of Animal Science, 90: 261-271.
- Yodseranee, R. and Bunchasak, C. (2012). Effects of dietary methionine source on productive performance, blood chemical, and hematological profiles in broiler chickens under tropical conditions. Tropical Animal Health and Production, 44: 1957-1963
- Zou, L., Wang, D., Liu, J., Bai, Y., Liang, Z. and Zhang, T. (2015). Effects of DL-2-hydroxy-4-(methylthio) butanoic acid on broilers at different dietary inclusion rates. British Poultry Science, 56: 337-344.
Submitted Date : 15-07-2018
Accepted Date : 28-12-2018