- Afzal, M., Al-Hadidi, D., Menon, M., Pesek, J. and Dhami, M.S. (2001). Ginger an ethnomedical, chemical and pharmacological review. Drug Met. Drug Interact., 18:159-190.
- Alabi, O.J., Ng’ambi, J.W., Mbajiorgu, E.F., Norris, D. and Mabelebele, M. (2015). Growth and haematological response of indigenous Venda chicken aged 8 – 13 weeks to varying dietary lysine to energy ratios. J. Anim. Physiol. and Anim. Nut., 99: 436-41.
- Bone, F.J. (1979). Anatomy and Physiology of Farm Animals. Reston, USA.
- Cheesbrough, M. (2000). District Laboratory Practice in Tropical Countries. Part 2, Cambridge University Press.
- Enemor, V.H.A., Anosike, J.C., Nwoke, B.E.B., and Chikezie, P.C. (2005). Serum aminotransferase and bilirubin levels in malaria patients. Int. J. Nat. and Appld. Scs, 1:85 - 89.
- Iwuji, T.C. and Herbert, U. (2012). Evaluation of the growth-promoting the effect of Garcinia kola seeds in growing rabbits. J. Glob. Biosci., 1:1-4.
- Lapiñski, S., Gacek, L., Gawroñska, J., Guja, I., Kowal, J., Migdal, L., Migdal, W. and Niedbala P. (2018). The effect of phytogenic feed additives on the performance, meat and coccidial infection rates of rabbits. Indian J. Anim. Res., 52:1082-1086.
- Ng’ambi, J.W., Molepo, L.S. and Ginindza, M.M. (2017). Effect of dietary Moringa oleifera seed meal inclusion on performance and carcass quality of female Ross 308 broiler chickens. Indian J. Anim. Res., pp. 1-6. doi.10.18805/ijar.B-712
- Ogbuewu, I.P., Jiwuba, P.C., Ezeokeke, C.T., Uchegbu, M.C., Okoli, I.C. and Iloeje, M.U. (2014). Evaluation of phytochemical and nutritional composition of ginger rhizome powder. Int. J. Agric. and Rural Dev., 17:1663 - 1670.
- Okoro, V.M.0., Mbajiorgu, C.A. and Mbajiorgu, E.F. (2016a). Semen quality characteristics of Koekoek breeder cocks influenced by supplemental inclusion levels of onion and garlic mixture at 35 - 41 weeks of age. Revista Brasileira de Zootecnia, 45:433-440.
- Okoro, V.M.O., Nwokeocha, A.C.C., Ijezie, C.O., Mbajiorgu, C.A., and Mbajiorgu, E.F. (2016b). Effect of varying dietary supplemental inclusion levels of onion and garlic on semen quality characteristics of Hubbard white breeder broiler cocks aged 35-41 weeks old. Indian J. Anim. Res., 50: 922-929.
- Omagie, J.J., Onimisi, P.A., Adegbite, E.K. and Agunbiade M.O. (2007). The effect of ginger (Zingiber officinale Roscoe) waste meal on growth performance, carcass characteristics, serum lipids and serum cholesterol profile of rabbits. Pak. J. Nutr., 6: 359-362.
- Onu, P.N. (2010). Evaluation of two herbal spices as feed additives for finisher broilers. Biotech. in Anim. Husbandry, 26:383-392.
- Ortserga, A.A., Andyar, A.C. and Anthony, T.L. (2008). Growth performance of growing rabbits fed graded levels of garlic (Allium sativum). Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Conference of Nigerian Society for Animal Production, Ayetoro, Nigeria, March 16 – 19, pp: 189 – 191.
- Saeid, J.M., Arkan, B.M. and Al-baddy, M.A. (2010). Effect of aqueous extract of ginger (Zingiber officinale) on blood biochemistry parameters of broilers. Int. J. Poult. Sci., 9:944-947.
- Srinivasan, K. and Sambaiah, K. (1991). The effect of spices on cholesterol 7-alpha-hydroxylase activity and on serum and hepatic cholesterol levels in the rat. Int. J. vitamin and Nutr. Res., 61: 364-369.
- Tanabe, M., Chen, Y.D., Saito, K. and Kano, Y. (1993). Cholesterol biosynthesis inhibitory components from Zingiber officinale Roscoe. Chem. and Pharmaceut. Bull., (Tokyo), 41:710-713.
- Tekeli, A., Kutlu, H.R. and Celik, L. (2011). Effect of Z. officinale and propalis extracts on the performance, carcass, and some blood parameters of broiler chicks. Curr. Res. in Poult. Sci., 1:12-23.
- Windisch, W., Schedle, K., Plitzner, C. and Kroismayr, A. (2011). Use of phytogenic products as feed additives for swine and poultry. J. Anim. Sci., 86: E140 – E148.
Submitted Date : 10-07-2018
Accepted Date : 26-03-2019