EFFECT OF MULTI ENZYME SUPPLEMENTATION ON POST-WEANING PERFORMANCE IN CROSSBRED PIGS
Citation :- EFFECT OF MULTI ENZYME SUPPLEMENTATION ON POST-WEANING PERFORMANCE IN CROSSBRED PIGS.Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2011.(45):135 - 138
An experiment was conducted to study the effect of multi-enzyme supplementation on post-weaning performance of crossbred pigs (3-8 months). In this trial, 75% crossbred (Large White Yorkshire x Desi) pigs were fed with diets supplemented with NSPs degrading enzymes at various levels viz., 0 (T1), 500 (T2) and 1000 (T3) g/ton of feed. The pigs in T3 had significantly (Pme supplemented groups than control. The decrese was 9.03 and 4.62 per cent in T2 and T3 compared to control. The supplementation of NSPs degrading enzyme @ 500 g/ton of feed was found effective in terms of improving weight gain, feed efficiency and feed cost per kg weight gain.
- AOAC (1990). Official Methods of Analysis, Association of Official Analytical Chemists, 15th ed., Washington, D.C.
- Estko.V and Lotsyus, G. (1987). Use of the enzyme preparation lysozyme G3X in feeding fattening pigs. Aktuai’nye-voprosy-obmena-veshchestv-Materialy-3-Konferentsii-no-voprosu-fiziologicheskogo- obmena-veshchestv-v-organizme-cheloveka-zhivotnykh-9-11-Sep. 1987,99 : 241-242.
- Franckiewicz,A., Urbaniak,M.,Mroczek,I., Kasprowicz,M., Dobrowoslska,D., lach,H and Pilawski,J. (2003). The effect of enzyme addition to feeds high in rye on pig performance. XXX11 Conference, Animal Nutrition and safe food production. 16-17 Sept. 2003, Lublin, Poland, Annals-of-Animal Science 3 (2):95-98.
- Kanto,U., Jattupornpon,S., Vandepitte,W. and Vanderpeke,E. (2004). Effects of dietary supplementation of enzymes in a soyabean meal rich diet on the performance of weaned pigs. Kasetsart J., Natural Sci., 38 (6):120-124.
- Kim.I.H., Hancock,J.D., Hines,R.H and Kim,C.S. (1998). Effect of cellulase enzymes and bacterial feed additives on the nutritional value of sorghum grain for finishing pigs. Asian Aust. J. Anim. Sci., 11 (5):538-544.
- Lei,Q.,Miao,C.,Wang.R.,Lin,D.,Chen,S and Paterson,J.E. (2005). Effect of AllzymeSSF on growth performance of finishing pigs. Manipulating pig production. Proceedings of the Tenth Biennial Conference of the Australian Pig Science Association (APSA), held in Christchurch, Newzealand, 27-30 November 2005, pp: 155.
- Leikus, R. and Norvilienë, J. (2006). The effect of enzymes on the quality of pig performance, Veterinarija ir Zootechnika. T. 36 (58).
- NRC. (1989). Nutrient Requirement of Swine. 9th ed. NRC publication, pp:50-51.
- Snedecor, G.W. and Cochran, W.G. (1989). Statistical Methods. 8th Ed. The Iowa State University Press, USA.
- Texeira, A.deo., Lopes,D.C., Ferreira,V.P.de A.,Pena,S.M., Nogueira,E.T., Moreira,A., Bunzen,S and Nery, L.R. (2005). Exogenous enzymes in diets with different protein levels and sources for pigs in the nursery period. Revista Brasilerira de Zootecnia. 34 (3) : 900-906.