Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
PREVALENCE OF SUB CLINICAL MASTITIS IN COWS: ITS ETIOLOGY AND ANTIBIOGRAM
- Armenteros, M., Ponce P. , Capdevila J., Zaldivar V. and Hernandez R.. (2006). Prevalence of mastitis in first lactation dairy cows and sensitivity pattern of the bacteria isolated in a specialized dairy .Revi. de Salud Anim., 28: 8-12.
- Bauer, A.W., Kirby W.W.M. , Sherris J.C. and Turch. M. (1966). Antibiotic susceptibility testing by a standardized single disc method. American J. Clin. Pathol., 45: 493-496.
- Bulla, T.R. (2002). Studies on diagnosis and treatment of sub-clinical mastitis in buffaloes. M.V.Sc thesis submitted to CCS HAU, Hisar, Haryana.
- Chavan, V.V., Digraskar S.U., Dhonde S.N. and Hase P.B.. (2007). Observation on bubaline subclinical mastitis in and around Parbhani. Indian J. Field Vet., 3:50.
- Dego, O.K. and Tareke F.. (2003). Bovine mastitis in selected areas of southern Ethiopia. Trop. Anim. Health Prod., 35: 197-205.
- Dua, K. (2001). Studies on incidence, etiology and estimated economic losses due to mastitis in Punjab and India -An update. Indian Dairyman, 53:41-48.
- Ferguson, J.D., Azzaro G., Gambina M. and Licitra G..(2008). Prevalence of mastitis pathogens in Ragusa, Sicily, from 2000 to 2006. J. Dairy Sci., 90: 5798-5813.
- Getahun, K., Kelay B., Bekana M. and Lobago F.. (2008). Bovine mastitis and antibiotic resistance patterns in Selalle smallholder dairy farms, central Ethiopia. Trop. Anim. Health Prod., 40: 261-268.
- Hagnestan, N.C., Emanuelson U., Berglund B. and Strandberg E. (2009). Relationship between somatic cell count and milk yield in different stages of lactation. J. Dairy Sci., 92: 3124-3133.
- Hameed, K., Galal A., Sender G. and Korwin K.A.. (2007). Public health hazard due to mastitis in dairy cows. Anim. Sci. Papers and Reports, 25: 73-85.
- Hawari, AD. and Al Dabbas F.. (2008). Prevalence and distribution of mastitis pathogens and their resistance against antimicrobial agents in dairy cows in Jordan. American J. Anim. Vet. Sci., 3: 36-39.
- International Dairy Federation (1987). Bovine mastitis.Definition and guidelines for diagnosis.Bulletin of International Dairy Federation No 211, Brussels, Belgium
- Jain, A.K. (2005). Detection of Staphylococcus spp. by double antibody sandwich enzyme linked immuno-sorbent assay (DAS-ELISA) in bovine sub-clinical mastitis. M.V.Sc. Thesis. CCS Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar, Haryana, India.
- Javed, I. and Siddique M.. (1999). Some epidemiological aspects of mastitis in cows and the characterization of the isolates. Pakistan Vet. J., 19: 149-154.
- Kalra, D.S. and Dhanda M.R..(1964). Incidence of mastitis in cows and buffaloes in North West India. Vet. Record, 76: 219-222.
- Kaya, O., Kirkan S., Gulal M. and Unal B.. (2000). Identification and antibiotic susceptibility of microbes causing mastitis in dairy cows. Vet. Bull., 70: 290.
- Maiti, S.K., Sharma N. and Awasthi B.. (2003). Studies on incidence of sub-clinical mastitis in cattle and buffaloes of Chattisgarh. Vet. Practioner, 4: 90.
- Nagal, K.B. Mandeep S. and Katoch R.C. (1999). Incidence and etiology of bovine mastitis.Indian J. Anim. Sci., 69: 150-152.
- Nickerson, S.C. and Stephen C.. (2009). Control of heifer mastitis: Antimicrobial treatment-An overview. Vet. Microbiol., 134:128-135.
- Nickerson, S.C., Paape M.J. and Ziv. G. (1986). Mammary leukocyte response to drug therapy. J. Dairy Sci., 69: 1733.
- Petzer, I.M., Karzis J., Watermeyer J.C,. Van T.J der Schans and R. Van Reenen. (2009).Trends in udder health and emerging mastitogenic pathogens in South African dairy herds. J. South African Vet. Assoc., 80: 17-22.
- Quinn, P.J., Carter, M.E., Markey, B.K. and Carter, G.R. (1994). Clinical Veterinary Microbiology . Volume 31, Wolfe Publishers, Mosby, England.
- Radostits D. M. (2000) Veterinary Medicine (9th Edn.). WB Saunders. London.
- Rani,N.L., Manda S., Suresh K. and Makkenasreenu. (2008). An epidemiological study of mastitis in buffaloes. Indian Vet. J., 85: 1350-1351.
- Roder, R and Gedek W.. (1986). Milk cell counts associated with different mastitis pathogens. Berlin Munch Tierztl. Wochr., 99: 73-76.
- Roychoudhury, P. and Dutta T.K.. (2009). Prevalence and antibiotic sensitivity pattern of bacteria from bovine mastitis in Mizoram. Indian J. Anim. Sci., 79: 483-484.
- Saini, S.S., Sharma J.K. and Kwatia M.S. (1994). Prevalence and etiology of sub-clinical mastitis among crossbred cows and buffaloes in Punjab. Indian J. Dairy Sci., 47: 103-106.
- Salsberg, E., Meek A.H. and S.W. Marlin. (1984). Somatic cell counts, associated factors and relationship to production. Canadian J. Comp. Med., 40: 251-257.
- Saluja, P.S., Gupta, S.L. Kapur, M.P. and Sharma, A. (2004). Prevalence of bovine mastitis in an organized dairy herd. Indian Vet. J. 84: 1404-1405.
- Sampimon, O., Barkema H.W., Berends I., Sol J. and T. Lam. (2009). Prevalence of intramammary infection in Dutch dairy herds. J. Dairy Res. 76: 129-136.
- Saravanan, P., Nagarajan, B. and Ramprabhu, R. (2000). A study on etiology, incidence and physical characters of milk in sub-clinical mastitis. Indian J. Vet. Med. 20(2): 76.
- Sargeant, J.M., Scott H.M., Leslie K.E., Ireland M. and Bashiri A.. (1998). Clinical mastitis in dairy cattle in Ontario: Frequency of occurrence and bacterial isolates. J. Dairy Sci., 39: 33-38.
- Schalm, O.W., Carol E.J. and Jain N.C.. (1971). Bovine mastitis; Lea and Febiger,Philadelphia.
- Schultze, M. (1985). Factors that influence bovine mastitis. J. Dairy Res., 30: 320-325.
- Serieys, F. (1985). Cell counts in milk from individual cows, influence of mammary infection parity, stage of lactation and milk yield. Annal. De Res. Vet., 16: 255-61.
- Sharma, A. and Kapur M.P.. (2000). Prevalence of sub clinical mastitis in cows at an organized farm. Haryana Vet., 39:13-16.
- Sharma, D.K., Jallewar P.K. and Sharma K.K. (2010). Antibiogram of bacteria isolated from bovine subclinical mastitis. Indian Vet. J., 87:407.
- Sharma, N., Maiti S.K. and Sharma K.K.. (2007). Prevalence, Etiology and Antibiogram of Microorganisms associated with subclinical mastitis in buffaloes in Durg, Chhatisgarh State (India). Int. J. Dairy Sci., 2: 2.
- Sindhu, N., Sharma, A., Nehra,V. and Jain, V.K. (2009). Occurrence of sub clinical mastitis in cows and buffaloes at an organized farm. Haryana Vet. 48:85-87.
- Tenhagen, B.A., Hansen I., Reinecke A. and Heuwieser W.. (2009). Prevalence of pathogens in milk samples of dairy cows with clinical mastitis and in heifers at first parturition. J. Dairy Res., 76: 179-187.
- Thirunavukarasu, M. and Prabharan, R. (1998). Factors influencing mastitis in bovines. Indian J. Anim. Prod. Management, 14: 110-114.
- Tuteja, F.C. (1999). Studies on mastitis in buffaloes with reference to serum selenium status and control by treating teat canal infections. Ph.D. Dissertation submitted to CCS HAU, Hisar, Haryana.
- Tuteja, F.C., Kapur, M.P., Sharma, A. and Vinayaka, A.K. (1993a). Studies on bovine sub clinical mastitis:prevalence and microflora. Indian Vet. J. 70: 9, 787-791.
- Unnerstad, H., Ericsson L.A., Waller K.P., Ekman T., Artursson K., Nilsson O.M. and B. Bengtsson. (2009). Microbial etiology of acute clinical mastitis and agent-specific risk factors. Vet. Microbiol. 137: 90-97.
- Wadhwa D, Wadhwa D R, Sharma K.S. (2003). Nutritional status and mastitis in dairy cows. Round Table Conference on Mastitis. IAAVR, 4:53-64.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.