EFFECTS OF DRIED BAKER’S YEAST INCLUSION IN RICE HUSK-BASED DIETS ON PERFORMANCE AND EGG QUALITY PARAMETERS IN LAYING HENS
Citation :- EFFECTS OF DRIED BAKER’S YEAST INCLUSION IN RICE HUSK-BASED DIETS ON PERFORMANCE AND EGG QUALITY PARAMETERS IN LAYING HENS.Indian Journal of Animal Research.2012.(46):56 - 60
The study was conducted to investigate the effects of dried baker’s yeast inclusion in rice husk-based diets on performance and egg quality parameters in laying hens. A total of 150 Isa brown laying hens aged 25 weeks were allocated to five dietary treatments (0.00, 0.25, 0.50, 0.75 and 1.00 % yeast inclusion level) with three replicates per treatment in a complete randomized design. The experiment lasted for twelve weeks. Hens fed diets with yeast had higher (P
- AOAC. (2002). Association of Analytical Chemists, Official Methods of Analysis, 17th edition, A.O.A.C., Washington, D.C.
- Aderolu, A.Z., Iyayi, E.A., Onilude, A.A. and Eniola, I. (2004). Biodegraded rice husks in laying bird’s diet: 1. Performance and egg quality parameters. Livestock Res. Rural Deve. 16: 1 – 5.
- Abou El-Ella, M.A. Arria, M.Y. El-Nagmy, K.Y. and Radwan, A.H. (1996). The productivity performance of laying hen fed diets supplemented with some commercial feed additives. Egypt J. Anim. Prod. Suppl. 33: 423 – 430
- Bradley, G.I. and Savage T.F. (1995). The effect of autoclaving a yeast culture of Saccharomyces cervevisiae on turkey poult performance and retention of gross energy and selected minerals. Ani. Feed Sci. Techno.. 55:1-7.
- Brake, J. (1991). Lack of effect of a live yeast culture on broiler breeder and progeny performance. Poult. Sci. 70:1037– 1039.
- Day, E.J., Dilworth, B.C. and Omar, S. (1987). effect of varying levels of phosphorus and live yeast culture in caged layer diets. Poult. Sci. 66:1402-1410.
- Esonu B.O., Azubike, J.C. and Ukwu, A.O. (2004). Evaluation of Mecrodesmis puberula leafmeal as feed ingredient in laying hens diets. International J. Poult. Sci. 3 (2): 96 – 99.
- McDonals, P. Edwards, R.A. Greenhalgh, J.F.D. and Morgan, C.A. (2002) Animal Nutrition. Sixth edition. Prentice Hall, London.
- Malebane, I.M., Ng’ambi, J.W., Norris, D. and Mbajiorgu, C. (2010). Effect of dietary ascorbic acid supplementation level on productivity, mortality and carcass characteristics of Venda chickens. Trop Anim Health Prod. DOI 10.1007/s11250-010-9824-0.
- Moran, E.T. (1982). Comparative Nutrition of Fowl and Swine. The gastrointestinal System, Office of Educational Practice, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario. Canada. Pp79.
- NRC, (1994). Nutrient Requirements of Poultry. 9th Revised edition. National Academy Press: Washington, DC.
- Nursoy, H., Kaplan, O. Oguz, M.N. and Yilmaz, O. (2004). Effects of varying levels of live yeast culture on yield and some parameters in laying hen diets. Indian Vet. J. 81:59-62.
- Nworgu, F.C. and Fapounda, J.B. (2002). Performance of broiler chicks fed mimosa (Mimosa invisa) leaf supplements. Proceedings of the 27th annual conference of Nigerian Society for Animal Production, Akure, Nigeria. (2002): 128 -131.
- Olori, V.E. and Sonaiya, E.B. (1992). Composition and shell quality of white and brown eggs of the Nigeria indigenous chickens. Nigeria J. Ani. Prod.. 19: 12 – 14.
- Oluwafemi, R.A. (2009). Palm kernel Cake (PKC) utilization in Monogastric animal feeding - Implications for sustainable livestock development. Internet J Vet. Medicine. 6 :2 - 4.
- Oluyemi, J.A.and Roberts, F.A.(2001) Poultry Production in warm Wet Climate. Macmillan Press Ltd. (4th Edition). London and Basingstoke.
- Onifade, A.A. and Babatunde, G.M. (1996). Supplemental value of dried yeast in a high-fibre diet for broiler chicks. Ani. Feed Sci. Techn. 62: 91 – 96.
- Önol, A.G. and Yalcin, S., (1995). The usage of baker’s yeast in laying hen rations. Veterinary J. Ankara Univ., 42: 161–167.
- Paryad, A., Mahmoudi, M., (2008). Effect of different levels of supplemental yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) on performance, blood constituents and carcass characteristics of broiler chicks. Afr. J. Agric. Res. 3:835-842.
- SAS, (2008). Statistical Analysis System. SAS User Guide: Release 9.2. SAS Institute Inc, Cary NC, USA.
- Verstegen, M.W.A and Van der Poel, A.F.B. (2009). Grain in nutrition for farm animals. XXV Curso de especializacion Fedna. Pp 281- 289.
- Yalcin, S. Oguz, F. Guelu, B. and Yalçýn, S. (2009). Effects of Dietary dried baker’s yeast on the performance, egg traits and blood parameters in laying quails. Trop Anim Health Prod. 41: 5 – 10. DOI 10.1007/s11250-008-9147-0.
- Yalcin, S. Ozsoy, B. Erol, H. and Yalcin S. (2008). Yeast culture supplementation to laying hen diets containing soybean meal or sunflower seed meal and its effect on performance, egg quality traits and blood chemistry. J.Appl. Poult. Res. 17: 229 – 236. DOI: 10.33/japr.2007-00064.