VFA PROFILE UNDER DIFFERENT FEEDING REGIMENS IN GOAT
Citation :- VFA PROFILE UNDER DIFFERENT FEEDING REGIMENS IN GOAT.Indian Journal of Animal Research.2002.(36):52 - 54
Rumen Liquor Samples were collected from fistulated goats, fed on sole feeding of different tree leaves viz.babul (Acacia arabica), ber (Ziziphus mauritia) and Peepal (Ficus religiosa) and some cultivated forages viz.lucerne (Medicago sativa) and Maize (Zea mays). The samples were collected before offering feed and water to the animals and subsequentty after two hours interval i.e. 2, 4, 6 and 8 after feeding. The samples were subjected to determination of pH and VFA concentration. The data revealed that pH of rumen fluid was the highest at 0 hours with in declining trend up to six hours after feeding. The trend of VFA was at peak at 6 hours after feeding. The differences among the forages and period of samples collection were significant for both pH and VFA production.
- Ahuja, A. eta!. (1972). IndianJ Anim. Sci. 42: 77'l-"i'"?l...
- Barbind, R.P. et al. (1994). Indian J Anim. Nutri. 11:59-61.
- Barnett, A.G.J. and Reid, R.L. (1961). Reaction in Rumen Arnold Pub. London. P. 52
- Jain, R.K. et a/. (1988). Indian J Anim. Nutr. 5:35-39.
- Mallikarjuna, G. eta/. (1992).lndianJ Anim. Sci. 9: 17-20.
- Rai, G.S. and Pandey, M.D. (1980). Indian Vet. J 57:120-125.
- Sanghai Kumar (1988). Indian J Anim. Nutri. 5: 166-168.
- Senani, S. and Joshi, D.C. (1995).lndianJ Anim. Nutri. 12:190-194.