BIOCHErvtICAL CHANGES IN BLOOD OF CHANNA SPP
Citation :- BIOCHErvtICAL CHANGES IN BLOOD OF CHANNA SPP.Indian Journal of Animal Research.2002.(36):22 - 26
The paper deals with biochemical changes in blood of Channa Spp; in which blood sugar, serum protein, calcium and phosphorous were noted. Blood sugar content varied during ovarian growth. A gradual reduction in blood sugar content was observed during stage II of the ovary; reduction continued upto stage III i.e. spawning. After spawning sugar content rose. A similar reduction in blood calcium and plasma protein were also noted. This reduction showed their significance in yolk protein formation. But a rise in phosphorous quantity during stage III of maturation of ovary was also observed. It was due to high metabolic activity in fishtissue as a result of reduced feeding. In stage IV a remarkable rise appeared in blood sugar, serum protein and calcium conents due to voracious feeding. All these blood contents were directly related with feeding intensity of fish while phosphorous contents of blood was found to be related with metabotic requirement of the body. Among four species of Channa highest values of all parameters were recorded in C. marulius and lowest in C gachua.
- Bano, Y. (1982). indian J. Zool 3 (2):39-62.
- Book, H.E. (1964). Ash Cult. 26: 107-110.
- Dabrowski, K.R. (1982). Hydrobiologica, 87:121-141.
- Fenandez, J. and Planner, J. (1980). Com. Biochem. Physiol 67:383-389.
- r-letcher, c.L.. Watts, E.G. and King. M.J. (1975). J. Fish Re Bel. Can. 32: 78-82
- Folkin, M. and Scheer, B.T. (1974).. In : Chemical Zoology Vol.VIIl Academic Press, New York, London Hoar, W.S. and Randall, D.J. (1970). In: Physiology of Rshes (Margaaret, E. Brown Ed.) Acbdemic Press Inc. New York.
- Hutton. K.E. (1968). Ash Bull, 66: 195-202.
- Oser. B.L. (1971). Hawk's Physiological Chemistry. Tata Mcgraw, Hill, New Delhi.
- Phillips, A.M. (1972). In:Caloric and Energy requirements in Fish Nutrition (Halver, J.E. ed.) Academic Press Inc. New York.
- Saxena, Amita (1984). Ph.D. Thesis, Meerut University, Meerut.
- Sharma, B.K. and Saxena, D.P. (1979). J. island Ash Soc. india II (2): 90-95.
- Singh, T. and Khanna, 5.5. (1971). Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. india 61:207.
- 26 INDIAN ,JOURNAL OF ANIMAL RESEARCH
- Soskin, S. (1941). Physiological Reldew 21: 140-201.
- Tandon, R.S. and Joshi, B.D. (1974). Zeits Chrift Furlier Physiology Tiener and Fulter mittel Kende 334,25, 108-112.
- Venugopalan, v.K. (1962). Ph.D. Thesis, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar.
- Woodhead, P.M.J. (1968). J. Mar. BioI. Sta. UK 48, 81.