REPRODUCTIVE PERFORMANCES OF CRESTAR AND PMSG ADMINISTERED TO POSTPARTUM ANOESTRUS COWS
Citation :- REPRODUCTIVE PERFORMANCES OF CRESTAR AND PMSG ADMINISTERED TO POSTPARTUM ANOESTRUS COWS.Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2004.(38):50 - 52
The reproductive activities like oestrus, conception and cyclicity in postpartum anoestrus cows following Crestar ear implant and PMSG injecfion were studied. Out of 10 postpartum anoestrus cows, 9 exhibited oestrus 30.81±1.43 hours after Crestar ear implant was removed after 9 days with PMSG injection @ 300 1U on the day of implant removal. The duration of induced oestrus was 19.11±0.34 hours. All oestrus cows had ovulated. Five out of 9 cows conceived at induced oestrus. Four animals which did not conceive, exhibited first natural oestrus after 20.8±3.61 days. Out of these four cows, only three conceived. The remaining one cow resumed normal cyclicity.The animals completed their term on an average 280.44±2.35 days after insemination. The mean birth weight of calf was 10.56±1.32 kg with male and female ratio of 1:3
- Ahmed, FA (1998). M.V.Sc. Thesis Assam Agric. Unlv., Guwahati, Assam, India.
- Das, J.N. (1995). Ph. DThesis Assam Agric. UnIv., Guwahati, Assam, india.
- Dhande, S.D. and Kadu, M.S. (1994).lndianJ. Anim. heprod., 15: 98-101.
- GonzaIez-Stagnaro, C. eta/. (1981). Proc. 8'" Meeting of the Latin American Association of Animal Production held In the Dominican Republic on 8'" October, 1981, 16: 127-128.
- Hefez, E.S.E. (1987). Reproduction in Farm Animals. 5'" ed., Lea cInd Febiger, Philadelphia.
- Krishnakumar, K. and Subramanian, A. (1999).lndianJ. Anim. Reprod., 20: 86-87.
- Kyle, S.D. etaJ. (1992). J. Dairy Sci. , 75: 1456-1460.
- Pant, H.C. and Gupta, A.K. (1996).lndianJ. Anim. Reprod., 17:84-87.
- Pawshe, C.H. eta/. (1991).lndianJ. Anim. Reprod., 12: 172-174.
- Petit, M. eta/. (1978). TheriogenoJogy. 9: 493-504.
- Roberts, S.J. (1971). Veterinary Obstetrics and Genital Diseases. 2nd ed. CBS Publishers and Distribution, India. 352-353. .
- Tamuli, M.K. et a/. (2002). Indian J. Anim. Reprod., 23: 50-53.
- 1"Jor*0negoro, S. et a/. (1987). J. Dairy Sci., 70: 2162-2177.
- ZemJanis, S.R. (1976). Diagnostic and Therapeutic TechniqUE! In Animal, Reproduction. 2nd ed. The Williams Wilkins , Co., Baltimore.