Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
SUPEROVULATION AND EMBRYO RECOVERIES IN RATHI (BOS INDICUS) CATTLE: EFFECT OF EQUINE CHORIONIC GONADOTROPIN OR PORCINE FSH
gonadotrophin (eCG) and porcine follicular stimulating hormone (FSH) in native Rathi (Bos
indicus) cattle was studied. In treatment I (n=33) 2000 IU of eCG was injected on day 8 of the
natural estrus. In treatment II (n=17) donors received six 12 h im descending doses of porcine
FSH (Super OV, Ausa International, USA) on day 8 to 10 of natural estrus. Animals were
induced to estrus by PG injections followed by two inseminations 12 h apart at standing estrus
and embryos were recovered by non-surgical means. The overall superovulatory response in the
two treatments was 81.8 and 94.1 percent, respectively. Significant (P
- Bastidas, P. and Randel, R.D. (1987). Theriogenology, 25: 827-835.
- Breuel, K.F. et al. (1991). Theriogenology, 36: 241-255.
- Donaldson, L.E. et al. (1984) Theriogenology, 16: 1013-1018.
- Elsden, R.P. et al. (1978). Theriogenology, 9: 17-26.
- Hahn, J. (1992). Theriogenology, 38: 269-275
- Harrison, L.M. et al. (1982). J. Anim. Sci., 55: 649-656.
- Jordt, T. and Lorenzini, E. (1988) Theriogenology, 30: 355-367.
- Monniaux, D. et al. (1983). Theriogenology, 19: 55-87.
- Purohit, G.N. et al. (2000). Indian J. Anim. Sci., 70: 1064-1066.
- Randel, R.D. and Mosby, W.M. (1977). J. Anim. Sci., 37: 199 (abstr).
- Randel, R.D. (1983). Les Colloques de’l INRA, 20: 159-188.
- Shea, B.F. (1981). Theriogenology, 15: 31-42.
- Snedecor, G.W. and Cochran, W.G. (1967). Statiscal Methods. IOWA State Univ. Press, Ames.
- Stringfellow, D.A. et al. (1990). Manual of the International Embryo Transfer Society, Campaign Illinois, USA, pp. 62.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.