GLUTATHIONE POLYMORPHISM IN MALABARI GOATS
Citation :- GLUTATHIONE POLYMORPHISM IN MALABARI GOATS.Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2009.(43):309-310
Glutathione polymorphism study was conducted in three different populations of Malabari
goat, the native goat breed of Kerala. The animals were classified as low and high glutathione
types based on the values obtained for blood glutathione concentration. In the pooled population,
majority of the animals belonged to low GSH type (53.68 per cent).
- Agar, N. S. et al. (1974). Anim. Blood Groups Biochem. Genet. 5:63-64.
- Beutler, E. et al. (1963). J. Lab. clin. Med. 61:882-888.
- More, T. et al. (1980). Indian J. Anim. Sci. 50:1012-1014.
- Nandakumaran, B. (1989). Ph.D. Thesis, Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur, Kerala. p.125.
- Reddy, V.R.C. and Krishnan, A.R. (1986). Indian J. Anim. Sci. 56:434-439.
- Tunon, M. J. et al. (1989). Anim. Genet. 20:205- 212.