Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
EFFECT OF FENCELINE FEEDING ON THE BEHAVIOUR AND PERFORMANCE OF LACTATING CROSSBRED COWS
- Albright,J.L.,(1981) Behaviour and management of high yielding dairy cows. Dairy Sci. Handbook 14:343
- Batchelder, T. L., (2000) The impact of head gates and overcrowding on production and behavioural patterns of lactating dairy cows. In: Proceedings of the 2000 Dairy Housing and Equipment Systems: Managing and planning for profitability. NRAES - 129, Ithaca, Pages 325-330
- Beilharz,R.G and Zeeb,K.(1982) Social dominance in dairy cattle. Appl. Anim. Ethol. 8 ,79–97
- Bouissou, M. F., (1980) Social relationships in domestic cattle under modern management techniques. Bulletin of Zoology, 47,343–353
- DeVries,T.J and Keyserlingk, M.A.G.Von (2005) Time of feed delivery affects the feeding and lying patterns of dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 88,625-631
- Gibbons, J.M.; Lawrence, A.B and Haskell, M.J (2009) Consistency of aggressive feeding behaviour in dairy cows. Appl. Anim. Behav. Sci. (2009), doi:10.1016/J.applanim.2009.08.002
- Huzzey, J. M.; De Vries, T. J.; Valois, P and Keyserlingk, M.A.G. Von (2006) Stocking density and feed barrier design affect the feeding and social behaviour of dairy cattle. J. Dairy Sci. 89,126–133
- Manson, F.J and Appleby, M.C (1990) Spacing of dairy cows at a feed trough. Appl. Anim. Behav. Sci. 26, 69–81
- Barroso, F.G.; Alados, C.L.; Boaz, J. (2000) Social hierarchy in the domestic goat: effects on food habit and production. Appl. Anim. Behav. Sci. 69, 35-53
- Arave, C.W.; Bolinger,D.; Shipka,M.P and Albright,J.L (1996). Effect of extended lockup of lactating cows on milk production, feed intake and behaviour, J. Animal Sci. 74 (SuppI.1) 43
- DeVries, T.J.; Keyserlingk, M.A.G.Von.;Weary,D.M and Beauchemin, K.A.(2003) Measuring the feeding behaviour of lactating dairy cows in early to peak lactation. J.Dairy Sci. 86:3354-3361.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.