Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
EFFECT OF PROCESSING ON PROXIMATE COMPOSITION AND ENERGY VALUES OF TWO LESS KNOWN SELECTED FISH SPECIES CONSUMED IN SOUTHERN IRAN
- Abdullahi, S.A.,(2001). Investigation of nutritional status of Chrysichthys nigrodigitatus, Barus filamentous and Auchenoghats occidentals, family Bangdae. Journal Arid Zone Fish, 1: 39-50.
- AOAC. (1990). Official Methods of Analysis of the Association of Official Analysis Chemists. Association of Official Analytical Chemists. 15th Ed. Washington.
- Alonso, A., Martinez-Gonzalez, M.A.,and Serrano-Martinez, M. (2003). Fish omega-3 fatty acids and risk of coronary heart disease. Medical Clinical,121: 28-35.
- Bligh, E.G.,and Dyer, W.J.A.(1959). Rapid method of total lipid extraction and purification. Canadian Journal of Biochemistry Physiology,37: 911-917.
- Bonjour, J.P., (2005). Dietary protein: An essential nutrient for bone health. Journal American Collage Nutrition, 24: 526S-536S.
- Clucas, I.J., and Sutcliffe, P.J. (1981). An introduction to fish Handling and Processing. Tropical Products Institute. London. pp.86-91.
- Dahl, L., Bjorkkjaer, T., Graff, I.E., Malde, M.K., and Klementsen, B. (2006). Fish- more than just omega-3. Tidsskr. Nor. Laegeforen.126: 309-311.
- Damsgaard, C.T., Schack-Nielsen, L., Michaelsen, K.F., Fruekilde, M.B.,Hels, O., and Lauritzen, L.(2006). Fish oil affects blood pressure and the plasma lipid profile in healthy Danish infants. Journal of Nutrition,136: 94-99.
- Effiong, B.N., and Mohammed, I.(2008). Effect of seasonal variation on the nutrient composition in selected fish species in Lake Kainji- Nigeria, Nature Science. 6(2):25-28.
- Mayer, K.,Schaefer, M.B., and Seeger, W. (2006). Fish oil in the critically ill: From experimental to clinical data. Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition & Metabolic Care,9: 140-148.
- Mozaffarian, D., Gottdiener, J.S., and Siscovick, D.S. (2006). Intake of tune or other broiled or baked fish versus fried fish and cardiac structure, function and hemodynamics. American Journal of Cardiology, 97: 216-222.
- Mumba, P.P., and Jose, M., (2005). Nutrient composition of selected fresh and processed fish species from Lake Malawi, A nutritional possibility for people living with Hiv/Aids. International Journal of Consumer Studies, 29(1): 72-77.
- Olomu, J.M. (1995). Monogastric animal nutrition, Jachem Publications, Benin City. pp. 165-200.
- Salam, A., and Davies, P.M.C., (1994). Body composition of Northern Pike (Esoxlucius L.) in relation to body size and condition factor. Journal of Fish Research,19: 193-204.
- Weatherly, A.H., and Gill, H.S., (1987). The Biology of Fish Growth. Academic Press, London.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.