Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
PHENOTYPIC, GENETIC AND ENVIRONMENTAL TRENDS IN MILK YIELD AND MILK PRODUCTION EFFICIENCY TRAITS IN KARAN FRIES CATTLE
- Burnside, E.B and Legate, J.E. (1967). Estimation of genetic trends in dairy cattle population. J. Dairy Sci., 50 (9): 1148-1157.
- Des Raj (1987). Development of optimum breeding programme for Kankrej cattle. Ph.D. Thesis, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, India.
- Gupta, A.K. (1992). Performance appraisal and strategies for genetic improvement of Red Sindhi cattle. Ph.D. Thesis, National Dairy Research Institute (Deemed University), Karnal, India.
- Henderson, C.R. (1975). “Best linear unbiased estimation and prediction under a selection model”. Biometrics 31 (2): 423–447.
- Herbert, S. and Bhatnagar, D.S. (1988). Genetic trends of economic traits in dairy cattle: A review, Agril. Rev., 9 (4): 200-216.
- Hintz, R.L.; Evertt, R.W. and Vanvleck, L.D. (1978). Estimation of genetic trends from cow and sire evaluation. J. Dairy Sci., 61: 607-613.
- Lee, K.L., Freeman, A.E. and Johnson, L.P (1985). Estimation of genetic change in registered Holstein cattle population. J. Dairy Sci. 68, 2629-2638.
- Mukherjee, S. (2005). Genetic evaluation of Frieswal cattle. Ph.D. Thesis, National Dairy Research Institute (Deemed University) Karnal, (India).
- Murdia, C.K. and Tripathi, V.N. (1991). Estimation of trends in various first lactation traits of different Jersey bull mother farms in India. Indian J. Dairy Sci., 44(10): 594-597.
- Narain, P. and Garg, L.K. (1972). Estimation of genetic changes in Indian herd of cattle. Indian J. Anim. Prod., 3: 143-153.
- Powell, R L., Norman, H. D., and Wiggans G. R. (1985). Trends in breeding values of dairy sires and cows for milk yield since 1960. J. Dairy Sci. 68 (Suppl.1): 123. (Abstr.)
- Powell, R.L. and Freeman, A.E. (1974). Genetic trends estimators. J. Dairy Sci., 57: 1065-1075.
- Raja, K.N. (2004). Genetic and phenotypic trends for production and reproduction performance of Sahiwal cattle. M.V.Sc .Thesis, National Dairy Research Institute ( Deemed University), Karnal, India.
- Sadana, D.K. and Tripathi, V.N. (1986). Genetic trends in milk yield of exotic cattle in India. Third World Congress on Genetics Applied to Livestock Production, pg. 213-216.
- Singh, K. ; Sangwan M. L. And Dalal D. S. (2002). Estimation of genetic, phenotypic and environmental trends in Hariana cattle. Asian-Autralasian Association of Animal Production Societies., 15 : 7-10.
- Singh, M.K. (1995). Factor effecting trends in performance of Karan Fries and Karan Swiss cattle. Ph.D. Thesis, National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal (India).
- Singh, M.K. and Gurnani, M. (2004). Performance evaluation of Karan Fries and Karan Swiss cattle under closed breeding system. Asian Australian J. Anim. Sci., 17(1):1 - 6
- Singh, S.K. and Nagarcenkar, R. (2000). Genetic, phenotypic and environmental trends in some economic traits in Sahiwal herds. . Indian J. Anim. Sci., 70(1): 75-76.
- Smith, C. (1962). Estimation of genetic changes in farm livestock using field records. Anim. Prod., 4: 239-251.
- Tripude, R.J.; Khotekar, M.D.; George, A.K. and Deshmukh, S.N. (1995). Estimation of genetic trend in Sahiwal. Indian J. Anim. Sci., 65: 691 – 693.
- Van Vleck, L.D. and Henderson, C. R. (1961). Measurement of genetic trends. J. Dairy Sci., 44 : 1705.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.