HISTOGENESIS OF DIENCEPHALON IN GOAT FOETUSES*
Citation :- HISTOGENESIS OF DIENCEPHALON IN GOAT FOETUSES*.Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2009.(43):241-245
Histogenesis of diencephalon was studied using 46 goat foetuses ranging from 2.5 cm CRL
(40 days of gestation) to 41.5 cm CRL (full term). By 40 days, the roof plate was converted into
the tela choroidea and along with the growing blood vessels, formed the choroid plexus of the
third ventricle. Proliferation of neuroblasts in localized regions of the mantle layer led to formation
of nuclei in the seventh week. The nerve tracts also appeared at this stage. At 81 days the
internal medullary lamina extended into the thalamus from the stratum zonale dividing it into
medial and lateral portions. Supraoptic nucleus started developing towards the end of second
month. Typical neurons appeared in most of the thalamic and hypothalamic nuclei during fourth
month. During fifth month, supraoptic and paraventricular nuclei of hypothalamus showed bipolar
cells. Histologically the diencephalon was adult-like towards term.
- Arey, L.B. (1957). Developmental Anatomy. 6th Ed. W.B.Saunders Company, Philadelphia.
- Bancroft, J.D. and Stevens, A. (1977). Theory and Practice of Histological Techniques. Churchill Livingstone, Edinburgh.
- De Lahunta, A. (1983). Veterinary Neuroanatomy and Clinical Neurology. 2nd Ed. W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia.
- Dellmann, H.D. and Eurell, J.A. (1998). Textbook of Veterinary Histology. 5th Ed. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia.
- Dellmann, H.D. and Mc Clure, R.G. (1975). In: Sisson and Grossman’s the Anatomyof the Domestic Animals. 5th Ed.
- (Ed. Getty, R.). W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia. pp.1065-1080.
- Ghosh, R. K. (2002). Essentials of Veterinary Embryology. Medical Book Company, Kolkatta.
- Harrison, R.G. (1978). Clinical Embryology. Academic Press, London.
- Keith, A. (1947). Human Embryology and Morphology. 6th Ed. Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore.
- Larsell, O. (1951). Anatomy of the Nervous System. 2nd Ed. Appleton Century Crofts, New York.
- Luna, L.G. (1968). Manual of Histological Staining Methods of the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology. 3rd Ed.
- Mc Graw-Hill Book Company, New York.
- Vol. 43, No. 4, 2009 245
- Paramasivan, S. and Sharma, D.N. (2001). Indian J. Vet. Anat., 13:62-69.
- Rajtova, V. (1999). Acta vet. brno. 68:241-245.
- Sadler, T.W. (2004). Langman’s Medical Embryology. 9th Ed. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia.
- Singh, Y. et al. (1979). Indian J. Anim. Sci., 49:925-931.
- Snedocor, G.W. and Cochran, W.G. (1985). Statistical Methods. 7th Ed. Iowa State University Press, Iowa, USA.
- Talanti, S. (1959). Anat. Rec. 134:473-490.
- Truex, R.C. and Carpenter, M.B. (1969). Human Neuroanatomy. 6th Ed. The Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore.