Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
DOSE RESPONSE EFFECT OF PERCENTAGE UROMALT (M) INCLUSION LEVEL ON SPURMATOGENESIS IN WEST AFRICAN DWARF BUCK-KIDS
- Adeloye, A. A. (1985). Water utilization by goats fed with maize cob. Nutrition Reports International, 32: 1461-1466.
- Ademosun, A. A. (1987). Appropriate management system for the West African Dwarf goat in the humid tropics. In: Smith O B and Bosman H G (eds.) Goat Production in the Humid Tropics (Proceedings of a Workshop at the University of Ife, Ile-ife, Nigeria,20-24 July 1987). Centre for Agricultural Publishing and Documentation (Pudoc):
- Wageningen, The Netherlands. 21-28.
- AOAC. (2000). Official Methods of Analysis. 24th Edn., Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC., USA.
- Buyse, J., Decuypere, E., Berghman, I., Kuhn, E.R. and Vandesande, F. (1992). The effect of dietary protein content on episodic growth hormone secretion and on heat production of male broilers. British Poultry Science. 33: 1101-1109.
- Colenbrander, B. and Kemp, B. 1990. Factors influencing semen quality in pigs. Journal of Reproduction and Fertility Suppl. 40 105-115.pp.
- Cameron, R.D., (1977). Semen collection and evaluation in the ram: The effect of method of stimulation on response to electro-ejaculation. Australian Veterinary Journal., 53: 380-383.
- Cameron, R. D., (1987). Sexual development and semen production in boars. Pig News and Information 8: 389-396.
- Collin, A., Malherios, D., Moraes, V.M.B., Van AS, P., Darras, V.M., Taouis, M., Decuypere, E and Buyse, J. (2003). Effects of dietary macronutrient content on energy metabolism and uncoupling protein mRNA expression in broiler chickens. British Journal of Nutrition. 90: 261-269.
- Cortada, C.N., Lucci C.S., Gonzalez R.A.F., Valentine R. and de Mattos C.B., (2000). Plasma urea levels on reproductive parameters of wool-less rams (Ovis aries, LINNAEUS, 1758). Braz. J. Vet. Res. Anim. Sci., 37: 87-91.
- Elrod, C.C., Amburgh, M. and Van Butler, W.R. (1993). Alterations of pH in response to increased dietary protein in cattle are unique to the uterus. Journal of Animal Science,71(3): 702-706.
- Ferguson, J.D., Galligan, D.T., Blanchard, T. and Matthew, R. (1993). Serum urea nitrogen and conception rate: the usefulness of test information. Journal of Dairy Science,76(12): 3742-3746.
- Kemp, B., Bakker, G.O.M., Denthartog, L.A. and Verstegen, M.W.A. (1991). The effect of semen collection frequency and food intake on semen production in breeding boars. Animal Production, 52: 355-360,
- Lin, C.Y., Friars, G.W. and Moran, E. T. (1980). Genetic and Environmental aspects of obesity in broilers. World’s Poultry Science Journal. 36: 103-111.
- Mbajiorgu, C.A., 2011. The response of male indigenous Venda chickens to diet energy to protein ratios fed from seven up to 13 weeks of age. Journal of human ecology, 35(3): 161-166
- Mbajiorgu, C.A., Ng’ambi J.W.N., Norris D. and Alabi O.J.. (2011). Effect of dietary lysine to energy ratio on performance of unsexed indigenous Venda chickens. Asian Journal of animal and Veterinary Advances 6(5): 517-524.
- McDonald, M.C., R.A. Edward and H. Green,. (1997). Animal Nutrition. Longman Group Ltd., Hong Kong, Pages: 335.
- Mack, S.D. (1983). Evaluation of the productivities of West African Dwarf sheep and goats. Humid Zone Programme Document No. 7. ILCA, Ibadan.
- NDSU, (1996). North Dakota State University. Sheep pocket guide, Extension, United State of America.
- Nwoko, N. and Ibe S.N.,. (2005). Effect of Breed and Season on Semen quality and fertility of bucks in humid tropical environment. Nigeria. Journal Animal Production., 32: 327-333.
- Ogundun, N.J., Isiaku M.Y., Mbajiorgu E.F. and Mbajiorgu C.A.,. (2012). Effect of Uromalt inclusion level on reproductive traits of West African dwarf buck-kids. Asian Journal of Animal and veterinary Advances 7(10): 998-1005.
- Oyeyemi, M.O., Adetunji, V.O. and Olubukola, O. (2006). Effects of different planes of meat offals and soybean meal on the morphological characteristics of West African dwarf buck’s spermiogram. Veterinarski Arhiv 76(2): 159-165.
- Osuagwah, A.I.A. (1992). Effects of strategic feed supplementation during pregnancy on body weight and parental survival of West African Dwarf Kids. Journal Agric. Science (Camb) 119: 1263-126.
- Rafiq, M., Mumtaz, S., Akhtar, N., and Khan, M.F. (2007). Effect of strategic supplementation with multi-nutrient urea molasses blocks on body weight and body condition score of Lohi sheep owned by tenants of Pakistan. Small Ruminant Research 70; 200-208
- Salisbory, W.G., Van Demark N.L. and Lodge J.R.,. (1998). Physiology of Reproduction and Artificial Insemination of Cattle. 2nd Edn., Freeman Co. Ltd., San Francisco, CA., USA., Pages: 102.
- Singleton, W.L., Belstra, B.A. (1997). Update on Artificial Insemination, NSIF Proceeding SPSS version 20.0. IBM Corp. Released 2011. IBM SPSS Statistics for Windows, Version 20.0. Armonk, NY: IBM Corp.
- Tsukaguchi, H., Shavakul, C., Berger, U. V., Tokui, T., Brown, D. and Hediger, M.A. (1997). Cloning and characterization of the urea transporter UT3: localization in rat kidney and testis. Journal of Clinical Investigation, 99 (7): 1506-15.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.