Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
COMPARATIVE STUDY OF In Vivo AND In Vitro EFFICACY OF CEFTRIAXONE IN GOAT MASTITIS
- Abu-Samra, M.T., Elsanousi, S.M., Abdalla, M.A., Gameel, A.A., Aziz, M.A., Abbas, B., Ibrahim, K.E.E. and Idris, S.O. (1988). Studies on gangrenous mastitis in goats. Cornell Vet. 78: 281-300.
- Adams, H. R. (2001). Pencillins and related â-lactam antibiotics. In: Veterinary pharmacology and therapeutics (Vaden. S.L. and Reviere, J.E. eds.). Eighth edition. Iowa State University Press, Iowa. pp. 818-827.
- Bauer, A.W., Kirby, W.M.M., Scherris, J.C. and Truck, M. (1966). Antibiotic susceptibility testing by a standard single disc method. Am. J. Clin. Path. 45 : 493.
- Cowan, S.T. (1974). Cowan and Steel’s Manual for the Identification of Medical Bacteria. Third edition. Cambridge University Press, New York. p. 331.
- Da Silva, E.R., Siqueira, A.P., Martins, J.C.D., Ferreira, W.P.B. and Silva, N.da. (2004). Identification and in vitro antimicrobial susceptibility of Staphylococcus species isolated from goat mastitis in the northeast of Brazil. Small Rumin. Res. 55: 45-49.
- Da Silva, E.R., Boechat, J.U.D., Martins, J.C.D., Ferreira, W.P.B., Siqueira, A.P. and Silva, N.da. (2005). Hemolysin production by Staphylococcus aureus species isolated from mastitic goat milk in Brazilian dairy herds. Small Rumin. Res. 56:271-275.
- Erskine, R.J., Wilson, R.C., Tyler, J.W., McClurre, K.A., Nelson, R.S. and Spears, H.J. (1995). Ceftiofur distribution in serum and milk from clinically normal cows and cows with experimental Escherichia coli-induced mastitis. Am. J. Vet. Res. 56: 481-485.
- Fthenakis, G.C. (1998). Susceptibility to antibiotics of Staphylococcal isolates from cases of ovine or bovine mastitis in Greece. Small Rumin. Res. 28: 9-13.
- Gupta, R.K. and Gupta, S. (2005). Therapeutic efficacy of ceftriaxone and Seri-D combination against acute mastitis in bovines. Intas Polivet 6: 39-40.
- Gupta, V.K., Sharma, S.D. and Kumar, A. (2002). In vitro and in vivo therapeutic studies on subclinical mastitis in goats. Indian J. Anim. Sci. 72: 125-127.
- Hornish, R.E, and Kotarski, S.F. (2002). Cephalosporins in veterinary medicine - ceftiofur use in food animals. Curr Top Med Chem. 2 :717-731.
- Mavrogianni V.S, Menzies P.I, Fragkou I.A, Fthenakis G.C. (2011). Principles of mastitis treatment in sheep and goats. Vet Clin North Am Food Anim. Pract. 27 :115-20.
- Moroni, P., Vellere, F., Antonini, M., Pisoni, G., Ruffo, G. and Carli, S. (2004). Antibiotic susceptibility of coagulase- negative Staphylococci isolated from goats’ milk. Int. J. Antimicrob. Agents 23: 637-640.
- Radostitis, O.M.., Blood, D.C., Gay, C.C. and Hinchcliff, K.W. (2000). Veterinary Medicine. A Text book of the Diseases of cattle, sheep, pig, goat and horses. Ninth edition. W. B. Saunders Company Ltd, London, p.1877.
- Sanchez, A., Contreras, A., Jimenez, J., Luengo, C., Corrales, J.C. and Fernandez, C. (2003). Effect of freezing goat milk samples on recovery of intramammary pathogens. Vet. Microbiol. 94: 71-77.
- Sar, T.K, Mandal, T.K., Das, S.K., Chakraborty, A.K., Bhattacharyya, A. (2006). Pharmacokinetics of Ceftriaxone inHealthy and Mastitic Goats with Special Reference to Its InteractionWith Polyherbal Drug (Fibrosin®) Intern J Appl Res Vet Med. 4 : 142-154.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.